Indeed, the single is simple, fluid but oozes a lot of emotions most like if both artists were destined to write the song together. We slept on couches and air mattresses and wrote a bunch of songs.
"you were good to me" listens like a break-up fairytale (the part where someone cries in the rain), but tells the story of a relationship messier and more complex than the classic sound. Try Watching Chinese Cottagecore Videos, IXXF and Pussy Riot Fight Gatekeeping in 'Nightshift' Video, Eva Longoria Apologizes For Calling Latinas the 'Real Heroines' of the Election.

Think of this project as a time capsule, a diary of the process that resulted in one of the most fulfilling musical journeys in either of our lives. ", February 7, 2020   "It's a song for my friends, whom I love deeply, and a promise to do better. “I was already a fan of her beautiful covers of pop songs,” Jeremy recalls, as Chelsea was also a fan of his. He was performing at an outdoor fraternity party, one that Chelsea was actually attending while visiting her best friend on campus. Jeremy was a sophomore at a different college but got flown out to UConn to perform a show.

The five-track collection opens with their leading single, "you were good to me," which explores a heart-wrenching break up that leaves both parties wrecked. “Jeremy and I stayed in a cabin in Connecticut last year where we wrote our song ‘better off.’ That trip inspired some of our best writing, so we decided to go back a year later. The music really represents how we felt at that cabin: inspired, wholesome, and introspective. From that point, both artists became friends and actually came together to release the authentic masterpiece « You Were Good To Me ». This song is the first collaboration between Jeremy Zucker and rising singer and producer Chelsea Cutler. On brent, Jeremy Zucker and Chelsea Cutler shared, "One week in December, we drove out of NYC to a recording studio built in an old, converted carriage house in Connecticut. The walls were lined with vintage guitars, keyboards, drums, and loads of random items that we ended up putting in our song.
They met again when both signed to Republic Records and, with their similar stories, found themselves natural collaborators. A few years ago, Jeremy Zucker and Chelsea Cutler were just a couple college kids in separate corners of the world, Zucker at Colorado College and Cutler at Amherst. Indeed, the track sounds genuine and there is no way not to fall in love with the composition. Listen here:… twitter.com/i/web/status/1…, . The result is the anguished, rom-com soundtrack-ready: "you were good to me," which PAPER premieres the video for today: a nostalgic, sepia-toned, 35mm flashback reel of the "good times" of the ill-fated relationship Zucker and Cutler sing about.