After being exposed to his toxin and losting what was left of his sanity, however, he was locked up at Arkham Asylum and secured by an unbound straitjacket, and after being freed he continued using the straitjacket with his mask, only modificating it so he could move his arms and legs. Dr. Jonathan Crane Movies Section: What are your top 5 or 10 favorite war movies and movies about soldiers to represent Veterans Day? Following this, he transfers to Arkham Asylum and becomes the chief psychiatrist, where he performs cruel, fear-induced experiments on his patients. Those involved exposed Crane to severe emotional and physical torment and torture from his grandmother, the worst was brought upon him at age 9, when she locked him up in the family's atrium dressed in a suit that was contaminated with a homemade chemical that was designed to enrage the crows nesting nearby and force them to attack the source. Rest of the world moves on as Trump won't concede, Britney Spears will not perform again due to legal setback, Fox News host shuts down Graham's money plea, Student debt cancellation in focus amid Biden transition, Study pinpoints places people are most likely to get COVID-19, Ex-cop in Breonna Taylor case accused of sex assault, 'I'm not going to say that': Tebow wouldn't call this play, Can dead people vote? So even though it's a huge movie it feels like an independent film, and I've always felt that the only difference between those films is the resources you have and it's how you utilize the resources. Crane also explained that the less that Falcone knew, the better. Crane then went to a building on the Narrows, where Falcone's shipment's drugs were located. If any. Falcone imagined Crane to be a literal 'scarecrow' with tiny lizard tongues, the concept of which was later explained to Rachel Dawes. Who knows? Cillian MurphyCorey Burton - Batman: Gotham Knight (Voice) Dr. Jonathan Crane Favorite Answer. Well, the work offered by organized crime must have an attraction to the insane. $17.01 $ 17. He ended up playing a different sadistic criminal from the streets of Gotham, gangland boss Black Mask, alongside Margot Robbie in Birds of Prey. Using Carmine Falcone, the head of Gotham's organized crime, to smuggle the Fear Toxin's drug ingredients into the city, Crane, in return, set up his psychiatric credentials into declaring any of Falcone's Thugs insane once they were tried in court. Batman Who knows you're here? : ... Or the corrupt! During the months dealing with Falcone, Crane continued with his fear experiments, extracting his fear toxin from the League of Shadows' blue flowers. Filming & Production The Scarecrow drives his van as Batman is about to fall on it. Scarecrow This is where we make the medicine. Yeah, Dr. Crane, I can't take it anymore. However, Batman comes to rescue her. Crane then met with Falcone to discuss the latest shipment of drugs, and explained that the packets hidden inside toy bears went to the drug dealers, and those that were hidden inside toy rabbits went to his apartment in The Narrows. he directly works for Carmine Falcone played by the genius Tom Wilkinson, I guess he also work for the hospital and the league indirectly. I gave her a concentrated dose. Dr. Jonathan Crane Eccleston was one of the actors under consideration for the role of the Scarecrow in Batman Begins but ultimately didn’t land the job. But the Batman has a talent for disruption. This toy featured the Scarecrow in the costume he wears at the end of Batman Begins , and was later re-released as part of The Dark Knight toy line, this time with a gun that mimicks his fear toxin. His movie counterpart, however, have showed he has no real means of hand-to-hand combat, presenting him as physically unintimidating. Dr. Jonathan Crane was a psychiatrist at Arkham Asylum who conducted experiments on inmates and used an identity known as The Scarecrow. Rachel Dawes [1] Revived during the Silver Age of Comic Books by writer Gardner Fox and artist Sheldon Moldoff in the pages of Batman #189 (February 1967), he became a staple Batman comic book villain.[2]. Usually one conforming to Jungian archetypes. It was we, the people; not we, the white male citizens; nor yet we, the male citizens; but we, the whole people, who formed the Union. No one's gonna hurt you. Go. Hallucinating that Batman is a dark monster, Crane tells him that he's working for Ra's al Ghul, and is then knocked out. In the comics, the Scarecrow is a master of drunken boxing and crane style of kung fu, wich he combined into his own personal style named "violent dancing". Dr. Jonathan Crane I know it's just a movie, but don't you think that ghost girl from Dark Water deserved punishment for permanently ruining their lives. To the boy, who was affected by the fear gas, Scarecrow appeared as a fiery eyed, deep-voiced monster who rode a fire-breathing horse who stated: "There is nothing to fear, but fear itself - and I'm here to help!" No, even he can't get me in here. Relevance. Born Jonathan Crane, he is a brilliant but morally bankrupt former psychopharmacologist at Arkham Asylum, whose entire personality has been hijacked by the "Scarecrow" persona he developed as part of his fear experiments. Scarecrow used a deadly kind of Fear Toxin. During the comic book story arc "As The Crow Flies", the Scarecrow is transformed into a murderous creature known as the "Scarebeast" by the Penguin to kill off his disloyal colleagues. He also thought of a flock of bats. After he donning his mask again, Crane sprayed Batman with his fear toxin and set him on fire, though Batman narrowly escaped with his life and mind intact, and later acquired an antidote to the toxin that was developed by Lucius Fox. There's nothing to fear but fear itself! While testifying in court that Victor Zsasz, one of Falcone's assassins, was legally insane and should be moved to Arkham for rehabilitation, Crane was approached by the Assistant District Attorney Rachel Dawes, who commented on the high number of Falcone's associates that he had at Arkham and implied that he was corrupt in his assessments.