I am trying to cut way back on sugar, corn syrup, ect. I'm another KC native so I can't wait to try this. I have a pork shoulder and wanted to crock it and this sauce will be PERFECT! This will wn me big points in the favorite daughter, favorite BFF, favorite girlfriend categories. Most commercial preparations include high fructose corn syrup, food starches, and preservatives like sodium benzoate. Thanks for another winning recipe – my husband thanks you too! There's nothing unnatural about it. EVER. I have red cooking wine, but not red wine vinegar. bbq sauce, Homemade BBQ Sauce, kansas city bbq sauce recipe, Kansas City Style BBQ Sauce. Sterilize canning jars, lids, and rings in boiling water while sauce is cooking. BBQ Sauce. Wipe jars, remove rings, and store in pantry for up to a year. VARIATIONS ON ROOT BEER BBQ SAUCE. . Love your recipes! You can ramp up the sweetness or the spiciness, according to your tastes.

That nice burned crust on your chicken.. that crispy toast.. this is the price we pay for tasty things. Kansas City BBQ Sauce. Also, to thicken up a bit, just add a bit of corn starch, like 1/2 tsp. Add onions and cook for 5-6 minutes until translucent then stir in the garlic and cook one additional minute until fragrant. I like it just as it is. Hi. This homemade BBQ sauce without ketchup is just as easy as using ketchup but even BETTER! Having lost 50 pounds herself by cutting out processed foods, Cindy now helps her clients maintain their happy weight and get back their energy by creating a personalized “roadmap to health” that suits their unique body, lifestyle, preferences, and goals.

Tamari can be substituted. This recipe was developed to serve alongside our Brisket Sandwiches with Texas BBQ Sauce, but you can just as easily make up a batch to keep on hand for anything that needs a little dressing. Even the low carb BBQ Sauce you can buy, often use highly processed sugar alternatives. Measure 1/2 cup of red wine vinegar and add it to pot. How long would it keep in the refrigerator? For using on grilled meat, brush onto chicken, pork or beef the last 10 minutes of cooking. Note: click on times in the instructions to start a kitchen timer while cooking.

One of the worst offenders is bottled BBQ sauce. Prepare BBQ Sauce Recipe as usual. Required fields are marked *, By submitting this comment you agree to share your name, email address, website and IP address with SkinnyTaste. ❤️. Ketchup is easy. Store, covered, in refrigerator until ready to use or up to 1 week. My food philosophy is to eat seasonal, whole foods and maintain good portion control (everything in moderation!). a mix of tomato paste and tomato puree)?