Spray a 9x13-inch casserole dish with cooking spray. You don’t want them to get crispy at all—just soft and a little blistered, about 30 seconds per side. Amount is based on available nutrient data. All you need to make homemade taco seasoning is a tablespoon of chili powder, a teaspoon each of smoked paprika, garlic powder and ground cumin, and a half teaspoon of oregano and onion powder. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe.

Begin by dicing the onion. When they’re all heated, fill and roll as normal. Throw the onions into a large skillet with a tablespoon or so of canola oil. Leftover enchiladas taste great, although they can get a little soggy as the tortillas continue to soak in moisture in the refrigerator.

Remove the pan from the oven and sprinkle a bunch of chopped cilantro on top. Info. Oh, wait, another mod: I made my own sauce from the site, "the best red enchilada sauce." I remember both Fleda Mae and Luchan fondly, but besides their friendly, loving nature and the fact that they lived in Bakersfield, California, I don’t remember too much about them.

Excelent could add rotel and more cheese on top. Strain the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer into a small saucepan and cook it over medium heat for about 10 minutes, until it’s as thick as tomato paste. Just gauge the tortillas as you go and you’ll be fine.). Roll and place into the prepared 9x13 pan. This content is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page to help users provide their email addresses. You’ll need one 15 ounce can, or about 2 cups. Traditionally, enchiladas are made with corn tortillas, but you can also use flour tortillas if you’d like. If you find yourself missing the beans in this dish, you can heat up a can of black beans or try making your own with a batch of our Cantina Pinto Beans. Will make again soon as I only got one enchilada!! I did not change a thing. MAKE SURE YOU USE THE WHOLE PACKET! Cook and stir ground beef with onion in a skillet over medium heat until meat is crumbly and no longer pink, about 10 minutes.

You may be able to find more information about this and similar content at piano.io, Sheet-Pan Gnocchi with Spicy Sausage and Peppers, Make a Special Christmas Eve Dinner This Year, This Chicken Pot Pie Is Comfort Food at Its Finest, Make Chicken and Wild Rice Soup in the Instant Pot, Try Spinach-Artichoke Tuna Noodle Casserole ASAP, Create a Delicious Christmas Dinner Menu This Year. Working one at a time, fry tortillas in oil until soft. To finish, we pour just enough sauce just over the top of the enchiladas to coat the tortillas. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Cook the beef until it’s no longer pink. Mix in enchilada sauce, chili powder, garlic, and salt; bring to a simmer, reduce heat to low, and simmer until meat sauce is slightly thickened, about 5 minutes. Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and filling is bubbling, about 20 minutes. And I added an extra cup of grated cheddar.

The enchiladas will be nestled right next to each other, and that’s okay. Drain any excess grease and add the taco seasoning, 1-1/4 cups of the enchilada sauce and the cooked rice. This ingredient shopping module is created and maintained by a third party, and imported onto this page. Then brown the hamburger. And they’re now gone. For the sauce, you’ll need canned Mexican red sauce (or enchilada sauce), low sodium chicken broth, canola oil, flour, salt, pepper, and cilantro. Everyone Will Love White Chicken Enchiladas. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. I make my ground beef portion a bit different. Pour extra red sauce over enchiladas. Cook until ground beef is browned and cooked through, about 7 to 10 minutes. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. They’re a little on the rich side. Editor’s Tip: To make this recipe gluten-free, feel free to swap in corn tortillas. I made this as written (4 Tbsp) and that was too much chili powder for my family’s taste! Thank you! Sign up to save recipes in you recipe book, write reviews and more! Absolutely delicious. Okay, people. Please don’t be afraid. Stir 1 cup Cheddar cheese, sour cream, parsley, taco seasoning, oregano, and black pepper into the ground beef until cheese has melted. If you want to amp up the spice, you can also add red chili flakes or ground cayenne. Lay the sauce-coated tortillas flat, then spoon on some of the meat mixture and a some of the chopped black olives. I cut the amount of chili powder to 3 tlbs and it was plenty in my opinion. Muy, muy picoso. Don’t forget the sour cream, especially if you use the canned Mexican red sauce I used.

These beef enchiladas are so easy to make! And, of course, I was asked for the recipe! Warm tortillas in the microwave for about 1 minute. The texture will be softer than when prepared with corn tortillas. So, still felt like I needed to share how great the components of this recipe are. I'm sure ground beef would've been great also, but I had a small party to feed. Everyone LOVED this tonight! Listen to the awesome additions I added!!! Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Lay a tortilla onto a work surface and spoon about 1/4 cup of meat sauce down the center of the tortilla. (Oh, and you can drain the fat off the hamburger before adding the chilies if you feel like being a health nut or a responsible citizen.). Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Stir in 1/2 cup of the enchilada sauce and the chiles.

I’m Mexican American , reminded me of when I was growing up , comes in handy since my mom passed . It's very easy and so very good!! And I added an extra cup of grated cheddar. I served this wonderful dish to friends for lunch and was delighted with the outcome. THE MEAT. It’s true! I’ve tried to make enchiladas several times and this one wins hands down. I say “freshly grated” because although I have nothing whatsoever against convenience foods—I think I’ve established that here, ad nauseam—I find that grating cheddar cheese from a block results in a yummier, melty-er cheesy goodness. This recipe includes a quick homemade red enchilada sauce and an easy ground beef filling that’s ready for the oven in 30 minutes. Then, add the strained soaking liquid and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. .wprm-recipe-rating .wprm-rating-star.wprm-rating-star-full svg * { fill: #c6a42d; }, Share on Facebook While you could certainly make all of the ingredients from scratch, we use packaged Spanish rice and an envelope of taco seasoning as a shortcut. Get free recipes sent straight into your inbox! Oh gosh, these were fabulous. Sorry but I didn't care for this recipe. Luchan said so! You don’t need a ton of equipment to make enchiladas. You really don’t need any side dishes, but we usually make one anyway. See, my dad’s dad, who died before I was born, rest his soul, had a sister named Fleda Mae, rest her soul, and Fleda Mae was married to a Mexican man named Luchan, rest his soul. 583 calories; protein 33g 66% DV; carbohydrates 46.1g 15% DV; fat 29.2g 45% DV; cholesterol 93.7mg 31% DV; sodium 1216.3mg 49% DV. When all the tortillas are filled and placed in the dish, pour just enough of the remaining sauce on top of the enchiladas. You saved Best Beef Enchiladas to your. These enchiladas have a ton of filling, and they’ll weigh down a plastic spatula. I thought it would be easy, but this recipe is really easy and delicious. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and lightly grease a 9x13 pan with nonstick cooking spray. For the ground beef, we recommend 90/10 ground beef. I forgot the sour cream and black beans and the dish was delicious without it. Try using lean ground turkey instead of ground beef. Definitely making this again. Good for tostadas also. We recommend using the more pliable, easier-to-work-with flour tortillas. Our go-to cookware for making the filling is a cast-iron skillet ($31). Keep up the good work ! Truly a recipe your family will love. Share via Email. Home Recipes Ingredients Meat & Poultry Beef. Cook and stir ground beef and onion in a skillet until beef is browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Sprinkle tortillas with 1/4 cup Cheddar cheese. He liked to lay it on thick. Spoon about 1/4 cup of the beef mixture into the center of each tortilla. Strain the soaking liquid through a fine-mesh strainer and set aside. There is a microwave method as well. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until thoroughly cooked; drain. One by one, using tongs, dip each tortilla into the warm sauce. Your email address will not be published. We like to sauce our enchiladas by coating the bottom of the casserole dish with a layer of enchilada sauce and putting the sauce inside the rolled tortillas. It’s best to reheat them in a 350° F oven or a toaster oven to help crisp up the edges. Made the rest of the recipe as written. You can’t go wrong with sour cream, avocado, chopped green onions, chopped fresh cilantro, pickled jalapenos, salsa or sliced black olives. We also love serving cheesy enchiladas with light salads, like a No-Fuss Avocado Onion Salad.