Put half of the oaty mixture into a lined baking 8 inch baking tin and firm down with the back of a spoon. A walnut is still a walnut if the dish has butter in it. Can’t wait to make it again with different variations! If you give it a go, please let me know how you get on. 1/ Chop the dates into small pieces. Janie x. Tu, New recipe! Performance & security by Cloudflare, Please complete the security check to access. Oooh, good question Pamela! Required fields are marked *. Your IP: 94.23.248.12 And these chocolate orange muffins smell as good as they look! Good Food Deal The page you are looking for no longer exists. Jane x, I was highly sceptical about the title ‘best flapjack in the world’; however, you’re absolutely right! Chris Thanks Victoria, I’m so glad you love them too! Read More…. If you try it, would you let us know how you get on? Check out Elizabeth’s divine looking Tunisian orange cake, my full collection of muffin recipes, or my best flapjack recipe. […], Your email address will not be published. 1/ Chop the dates into small pieces. Leave to cool in the tray for 5 minutes and then lift the baking paper up and out of the tray to cool completely. Learn how your comment data is processed. Next, tip the date mixture on, and again, smooth that out into an even layer with the back of a spoon. Sep 10, 2018 - The Best Flapjack Recipe in the Whole Wide World. I am mainly no – totally savoury – up to now- like the simplicity, personal notes and guides – very easy to follow – and enjoy !! My soft and chewy coconut pyramids are a retro treat that are great fun to make. Cut into bars and enjoy! Take a flapjack or two for your next outdoor-sports adventure! 5/ Bake as per the recipe below, then let cool in the pan. I’m not pernikety about how much – just lobb it in till it looks, feels & smells right. Didn’t have dates, so made up the fruit measurement with prunes, dried cranberries and dried apricots. And I reckon those subs you made would have tasted awesome! I am mainly no – totally savoury – up to now- like the simplicity, personal notes and guides – very easy to follow – and enjoy !! Jane x. Made it two weeks ago and delivered to various family members and friends. I made these for 2nd time and I used prunes. Ever. X, Hey Paula, so glad you enjoyed the flapjacks! Happiest of birthdays to your daughter too, I hope you both make and enjoy the flapjack for years to come! It’s been a revelation! The mixed spice is a lovely addition that I added this time (I forgot the first time) .. wow love love love x. That’s wonderful Sinead, I’m so glad you both love them as much as we do! Can’t believe we’ve had a camper van for 10 years and never once thought about instant noodles. Fact. PS I love this recipe sooooo much that I made a little video showing you just how easy it is to make ;) If you like it, please hit the thumbs up & subscribe! Datey, chewy goodness! If you can’t find Golden Syrup in your corner of the world, do feel free to substitute it with the same amount of honey instead. These are fantastic! Well, all I can say is give this recipe a go and see what you think ;) Amazing it’s so delicious although I hadn’t realised I could make so much mess in the kitchen from baking flapjack, best I have made and tasted in a long time, it’s going up to the highlands with us next week for Wild Camping in Landrover Defenders ( in November Crazy) I may make some more with Ginger in to warm the cockles. Read More. Well, there you have it! From tasty wholesome meals to simple camping recipes, I guarantee a real foodie adventure! 3/ To assemble the flapjacks, tip half of the oat mixture into a lined baking tin. Great Recipe! enjoyed them, they are a dream to make and certainly don’t last long around here! Bake in the oven… Can we come too?!). So glad you are enjoying the recipe, and love that you are adapting it too – that is what recipes are all about in my mind :) Hi’ I wondered if I could do the same recipe with preserved plums. Hi Michelle, it’s definitely a British thing and has caused much confusion in these comments over the years! Pop them into a small saucepan along with the water or orange juice. Janie x, I’ve made the best flapjack recipe in the world – ever – this morning for my daughters “48th birthday”. If they are soft, and preserved in alcohol or are canned, then I would say absolutely. Tip the mixture into the prepared tin, spread it out level and press down firmly until well compacted. Alternatively, please leave a comment below letting me know what you and your family think of my date flapjack recipe! We breed Muscovy ducks for eggs and meat and have laying hens in the garden. Absolutely you can make flapjacks with honey! Jane x. Yay! I have spent the past 6 years or so trying every flapjack recipe I stumbled upon with very varied results. In total, each flapjack contains 2.08g of omega 3. Please note, as this step is optional the calories are not included in the nutritional breakdown below. Thanks for your lovely message Cut into 16 squares (or more/less to suit you) and place into an *airtight tin. Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a comment, it really does make it all worthwhile :) The article states that dried fruits can provide a source of fibre, antioxidants and the B vitamin folate. When using honey, you will still get a deliciously sweet bake. Never heard the bars called flapjacks. Best message of the week goes to you Sharon! It’s been a revelation! Amazing! Really easy and delicious recipe and worked well despite not having quite enough dates. Heat the dates and water/juice gently (lid on) for 5 minutes until soft enough to mash with the back … 2/ In a large saucepan, place the butter, Golden Syrup (or honey) and sugar. Jane x, Googled best flapjack recipe and this one popped up! Janie x. I’m now onto my third time making these – believe the title, they are the best flapjacks in the world! Nom! Read More…. *They will stay safe and tasty for around 5 days. SW recipe: banana flapjacks. X, That’s brilliant Browwyn! If you give it a go, please let me know how you get on. I’m so glad you enjoyed the flapjack recipe (and you’ve made me realise I haven’t baked it in a while so might have to rectify that this weekend!) If you have any leftover dates, you may also like to try my date and dark chocolate muffins a go too. Husband loves dates and so do I now. Put half of the oaty mixture into a lined baking 8 inch baking tin and firm down with the back of a spoon. Do not boil or let them burn. It’s a bit of a pet peeve of mine in the food content world that something is automatically written off because it contains sugar or it’s higher in fat. Quite a claim huh? Can’t wait to make it again with different variations! Glad you love them :). Can you use Prunes as a substitute for the dates? Quite a claim huh? Jane x, […] Need more baking inspiration? Sometimes only a sweet treat will do! My 4 year old daughter just loves them & so does mummy. of omega 3. this recipe makes a great snack and is a great one to add to lunch boxes (if you’re back in the outside world yet?). I used soft brown sugar which helps I think? When using honey, you will still get a deliciously sweet bake. Ever. The Best Flapjacks Recipe. 5/ Bake as per the recipe below, then let cool in the pan. Yay! Truly the best in world!!!! An absolutely superb recipe. It will give you a lovely crunchy top (whilst also adding extra calories to the final bake – only you can decide if that crunch is worth it!). xx, Thank you Bella! A classic buttery falpjack- original and best! Found this recipe and oh my word delicious question is does it freeze successfully? It really is the best flapjack recipe in the world – we’ve ever tasted. Another way to prevent getting this page in the future is to use Privacy Pass. If you fall head over heels with these little beauties as much as I have, please be sure to share a pic with me on social media. I’m Janie, I’m a food writer, photographer and recipe creator. The flapjack will still feel soft. xx, Thank you Bella! OK, so ‘healthy flapjacks’ may not be the first description which comes to mind for the flapjacks made using this ‘best flapjack recipe in the whole wide world ever’, however as an occasional treat they are damn delicious! Completing the CAPTCHA proves you are a human and gives you temporary access to the web property. Thank you! Jane x, Brilliant recipe thank you. Great flapjack recipe from my slimming pal Tracy SLIMMING WORLD FLAPJACK ***** 6 syns a slice 120g porridge oats (20 syns) 56g sultanas (8 syns) 2 tbsp of honey (6 syns) 56g mashed banana (3 syns) Mix all together and press into a small tin that has been sprayed with frylighy. Flapjacks in general are a high energy food, and are perfect for taking camping or hiking. Jane x, I was given a block of date paste and do a lot of cycling and hillwalking so wanted to combine it with a flapjack. taste and sweetness. From tasty wholesome meals to simple camping recipes, I guarantee a real foodie adventure! * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. The firmer you are at this stage, the more your flapjacks will hold together once cooked. Member recipes are not tested in the GoodFood kitchen. Quite a claim huh? THANK YOU! Can you use Prunes as a substitute for the dates? Place the vegan butter, golden syrup and brown sugar in a pan over a low heat. Well, I take my flapjacks very seriously. Oooh, good question Pamela! If you love them as much as we do, why not give some of my other favourite bakes a go to? Jane x, […] Need more baking inspiration? Whatever you choose to call them, I hope you adore them as much as we do! We breed Muscovy ducks for eggs and meat and have laying hens in the garden. They’re rich in healthy ingredients, high fibre but also have that rich. I asked her what cake she wanted and her answer was ‘a deep soft flapjack’, so I searched the web and found this recipe and gave it a go. But don’t forget that most nut and seed omega 3 is ALA, so a smaller percentage is converted in the body. I added 2 tablespoons of cocoa powder so they are chocolate versions of the above. I used soft brown sugar which helps I think? My 4 year old daughter just loves them & so does mummy. Spread it out across the tin evenly, then press it down all over firmly with the back of a spoon. 4/ This step is entirely optional, but tasty all the same: try sprinkling a tablespoon of demerara sugar over the top of the flapjacks and pressing down lightly with the back of the spoon. Gently heat and stir together until the butter has melted, and the sugar dissolved. (and I’m not a flan of flapjack!!!) Amazing it’s so delicious although I hadn’t realised I could make so much mess in the kitchen from baking flapjack, best I have made and tasted in a long time, it’s going up to the highlands with us next week for Wild Camping in Landrover Defenders ( in November Crazy) I may make some more with Ginger in to warm the cockles.