Why Don't Christians Expose Evil Anymore? The below list of Bible verses from the King James Version, also known as the KJV, are some of the most well … ‣ It happens every time we hear the preaching of the Word of God. Bible verses related to Worldly Things from the King James Version (KJV) by Relevance - Sort By Book Order 1 John 2:15-17 - Love not the world, neither the things [that are] in the world. Believers must be different because they know Christ. 20 Reasons To Obey The Lord 20 Reasons Why God Is Allowing Trials In Your Life Colossians 3:9-10, a parallel passage, says: “Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator.”. Ephesians (p. 166). They are deceived about their faith. 15 Scriptures For Get Well Soon Cards, Why Don't Christians Expose Evil Anymore? Because God is holy and perfect, we cannot commune with him because of our sin (cf. 6. You hem me in, behind and before, and lay your hand upon me. And not holding fast to the Head, from whom the whole body, nourished and knit together through its joints and ligaments, grows with a growth that is from God. But put ye on the Lord Jesus Christ, and make not provision for the flesh, to [fulfil] the lusts [thereof]. In Christ we have so many wonderful blessings, and it is in this dynamic union that he teaches and changes us day by day. But God also reveals himself to man through the conscience. A disregard for God led to the sexual revolution, as the hearts of men and women were given to sexual impurity—degrading their bodies with one another. (Read More...)Jeremiah 1:5 - Before I formed thee in the belly I knew thee; and before thou camest forth out of the womb I sanctified thee, [and] I ordained thee a prophet unto the nations.1 Corinthians 12:20 - But now [are they] many members, yet but one body.Matthew 7:13 - Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:Psalms 1:1 - Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. John MacArthur shares some very telling insights: Ephesus was a leading commercial and cultural city of the Roman empire… But it was also a leading city in debauchery and sexual immorality. He has created us anew in Christ Jesus. Finally, Christ is not only the subject, the teacher, and the classroom, but also the truth. You were taught, with regard to your former way of life, to put off your old self, which is being corrupted by its deceitful desires; to be made new in the attitude of your minds; and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness. Ephesians (pp. But Jesus on his part did not entrust himself to them, because he knew all people, After this I looked, and behold, a great multitude that no one could number, from every nation, from all tribes and peoples and languages, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, clothed in white robes, with palm branches in their hands, and crying out with a loud voice, “Salvation belongs to our God who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb!”. and what communion hath light with darkness? 15 Scriptures To Help With Hopelessness What Does The Bible Say About Homosexuality? They don’t want to know or obey God. Psalm 19:1). Looking to Jesus, the founder and perfecter of our faith, who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is seated at the right hand of the throne of God. Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear, and who keep what is written in it, for the time is near. We were taught “in him” (Eph 4:21). Bible Verses About Husbands 8 MacArthur, J. F., Jr. (1986). Many in the church at Ephesus previously worshiped Diana and indulged in her immorality. That’s what general revelation tells us. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations.”. And “A stone of stumbling, and a rock of offense.” They stumble because they disobey the word, as they were destined to do. I knew you before I formed you in your mother’s womb, Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, who do not follow the advice of the wicked, or stand around with sinners, or, Do not set foot on the path of the wicked or walk in the way of evildoers, Overcoming Fear And Serving God Out Of Love, 20 Reasons Why God Is Allowing Trials In Your Life. When he puts forth all his own, he goes ahead of them, and the sheep follow him because they know his voice. Be strong and of a good courage… Now I rejoice in my sufferings for your sake, and in my flesh I am filling up what is lacking in Christ's afflictions for the sake of his body, that is, the church. Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. A God who becomes a man and dies for the sins of the world is utter foolishness. Above all, keep loving one another earnestly, since love covers a multitude of sins. Bible Verses About Wives ‣ Paul says the world is “separated,” or “alienated,” from “the life of God” (Eph 4:18). The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show to his servants the things that must soon take place. There is some controversy about the interpretation of this passage. Application Question: How do we renew our minds? And the world is passing away along with its desires, but whoever does the will of God abides forever. But in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect. For as in one body we have many members, and the members do not all have the same function. Do not do what everyone else does do what God wants you to do. Ephesians 4:18-19a says: “They are darkened in their understanding and separated from the life of God because of the ignorance that is in them due to the hardening of their hearts. “The kingdom of heaven may be compared to a king who gave a wedding feast for his son. 21 Bible Verses about Being Chosen ... just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him. I appeal to you, brothers, by the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree, and that there be no divisions among you, but that you be united in the same mind and the same judgment. He has served over fifteen years in pastoral ministry, and currently serves as chaplain and professor at Handong Glob... More, https://bible.org/seriespage/lesson-30-how-not-live-ephesians-417-19, The Net Pastor’s Journal, Eng Ed, Issue 37, Fall 2020. Because of this, God gave them over to shameful lusts. Search the King James Version (KJV) for more references about Being Set Apart... Bible Verses About God They are not truly Christ’s disciples. If this is true, Paul is describing the new identity of believers. Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide [is] the gate, and broad [is] the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: Blessed [is] the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful. Is Christ calling you to make any changes to be a better student? Do not forsake her, and she will keep you; love her, and she will guard you. If anyone loves the world, the love of the Father is not in him. What Does The Bible Say About Homosexuality? Put on then, as God's chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience. Men committed indecent acts with other men, and received in themselves the due penalty for their perversion. For although they knew God, they neither glorified him as God nor gave thanks to him, but their thinking became futile and their foolish hearts were darkened. Geocoding Philippians 4:8 says, “Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things.”.