Breville's Smart Scoop is the first ice cream maker that automatically senses the hardness of the mixture based on the recipe selection you choose until it's time to serve. play.text How to make the best Salted Caramel Ice Cream video.text, From the subscriptions section of MyBreville you can. Breville’s the Smart Scoop is an automatic benchtop ice cream maker that takes the stress out of whipping up your own iced desserts. Sound alert (3 volume options): At pre-cool ready, add mix in ingredients stage and finished. However, I’ve only used it once as I found the repetitive process of freezing and manually stirring a time-consuming pain that didn’t produce a great result. This led to the machine sensing and displaying the hardness as lower than it actually was. The Smart Scoop has a compressor (similar to your freezer), which means it chills while it churns.

My yoghurt without fruit pieces produced a consistently smooth frozen treat in about 40 minutes. Get ready to drop in chocolate chips, fruit or other flavours when the Smart Scoop beeps to let you know. So the bigger question is whether it’s worth it’s $450 price tag given cost of ingredients and convenience compared commercial retail ice cream. To help us get a fairer deal for all New Zealand consumers you can make a donation.

Consumer staff loved the texture of the ice creams, often comparing them to premium store-bought brands. Sorbet, Frozen Yogurt, Gelato & Ice Cream. The Breville Smart Scoop promises to do away with all this hassle. Or visit our Technical support page The Smart Scoop has a compressor (similar to your freezer), which means it chills while it churns. Yes, because I can’t fault the machine, I love gelato, and who wouldn’t want to play “Willy Wonka” trying all sorts of wacky flavours you can’t find in the frozen aisle?
Stainless Steel Housing. No, because I’m not sure where The Smart Scoop would fit in my kitchen (and the gelato room idea got quashed by my wife), I baulk at the price and I shudder to think about the impact owning one would have on my waistline. Choose one of the 4 pre-programmed settings or take total control of the process. It could easily produce three or more batches in a single day – ideal if you’ve got a big family. 12 hardness settings including sorbet, frozen yogurt, gelato and ice cream. Modern Slavery Act

Downsides to making your own gelato, surely not? Ice cream – best described as a soft-serve consistency, my ice creams took between 40 and 50 minutes to make. The first ice cream maker to automatically sense the hardness of the mixture based on your selection, it keeps your frozen flavours at perfect temperature up to 3 hours.

We kept hold of the Smart Scoop to make ice cream in the office. I found recipes both with and without egg whites worked well in this machine, though I did need to churn mixtures without eggs for longer.