Just. Unread post I have to scream in those things when I'm in my car just so they get the order right. by rubthebuddha » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:18 pm, #20 by polarelf2003 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:16 am, #8 I am a 15 year old boy. We are no longer accepting comments on this article. ‘The policy takes into account situations in which a cyclist’s safety could be compromised, such as the close proximity with motor vehicles and the limited visibility of cycles, particularly given the sharp corners in some of our drive-thru lanes.’, Truth: Health and Safety Executives said the McDonad's in Portsmouth's Pompey Centre should have explained that it was unsafe to be so close to motor vehicles. Friends help you move. or do you just like breathing car fumes? How else would you go through a drive-thru? Unread post According to official McDonald's policy, you cannot walk through the drive-thru. If they had a rule not allowing bikes and someone was injured they would be held harmless. Unread post I've gone to fast good for takeout before, but I always skip the drink...what do you guys do with the cup? Sometimes you gotta turn it off for them to hear through the speaker though. Yes, most restaurants allow motorcycles to go through the drive-thru. [url=http://www.motoblag.com/blag/]Practicing the dark and forgotten art of using turn signals since '98. But when he reached the payment window staff refused to serve him, saying that the bike was a health and safety risk and that only motorised vehicles were allowed in the drive-thru. 0 0. I go through drive-thrus all the time on my bike.

Never tried it on a bike, but I will say you get some strange looks if you back through one in your car. Should they be allowed? I doubt it, & who would call the cops because your on a bike?? Save your biking for after dinner. Alistair Thompson had promised to buy his four-year-old son Edward a McDonald’s meal as a treat. #1 Make sure if your going inside lock your bike you don't want it getting robbed while you go in to order your food.

Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. ‘The staff claimed they couldn’t serve me because I was not in a motorised vehicle. Hell Yeah, i see it all the time. Cars leak a surprising amount of oil and other fluids. We will create and curate content from around the web and from our own experience. Never even considered it to be a problem. The safety concerns I was given, was that a car coming behind me might not see me because they were looking for another car, and not a bike. yes it is.. they say you can't walk up to one though and you do look kinda funny riding a bike through one.. like where do you put your drink man? Unread post Where do I find that? Why would people at the ATM drive through be pissed because we also 'drive through'? Then they hand me the food which I will tuck in my jacket.
So when he found that his trailer bike was too big for the bicycle rack at his local branch he had what seemed like a bright idea. But this experience got me wondering if “no bikes in the drive-thru” is a law, or an industry-wide practice or just a local rule. It would obviously be the driver’s fault in this situation, but the manager of a local Taco Bell told me that the restaurant could still be held liable for allowing the bikes. Drive through at the bank- annoys the other "patrons" I do it anyway. Yep.

Been going through pick up windows for years and they cant stand the bike comming into the window like that. Part of the Daily Mail, The Mail on Sunday & Metro Media Group, Restaurant refused service as not in 'motorised vehicle', McDonald's says having bike around cars was unsafe. by ZooTech » Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:36 pm, #19 But, the restaurants need to be free from blame for unobservant motorists.

I believe that once this COVID-19 crisis has passed, many of the changes that have been made will stick around.eval(ez_write_tag([[250,250],'cranxx_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_11',111,'0','0'])); There is certainly a danger in waiting on your bike at the drive-thru window.

by sidecarguy » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:38 am, #16 Unread post Real friends help you move bodies. yeah how else are gangstas going to bring food home. Search For A Question. ↳   Start Your Engines - Introduce Yourself, ↳   Local - Motorcycle Rides, Events and Rallies. Let the large restaurant chains cater to all their customers, 4-wheel and 2-wheel alike. I used to stop at Dairy Mart and get a large coffee, then ride the last mile to work. ‘I was baffled. If the drive is big enough, I take my boat and RV through them, too. Yesterday Mr Thompson, 35, condemned the ‘daft policy’, which he said showed ‘a complete lack of common sense’. Published: 02:01 GMT, 24 August 2013 | Updated: 13:41 GMT, 24 August 2013, Unhappy visit: Mr Thompson at the McDonald's where he was refused service. Took Megan(R6) in a drive-thru at Chick-Fil-A. I've done it many times, Mike. by Skier » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:54 pm, #4 As a matter of fact, there are some exceptions to this “no bike” rule. I'm out of there in less time than most cars. There's only one fast-food joint that's open 24 hours in town and it's only the drive-through. Its not Illegal but they would probably tell you to in go inside to order your food. Not from... Two moped muggers took turns stabbing 31-year-old man to death for his £7,000 Rolex as he walked home with... Could your open fire be giving you dementia? 0 1. joe. I had to know, “can a bike go through a drive-thru?” So I peddled home got on the phone and called around town and I also looked at many of the fast-food restaurants’ websites and here is what I found out. Are motorcycles okay to go through a drive through?

http://vfrworld.com/forums/5th-gener...98-vfr800.html, Male Bikers Prefer Women Over Motorcycles, If this is your first visit, be sure to Explain the three types of reinforcement (rebars) used in construction:  It'd be a little difficult to juggle my wallet, the change, the food and my backpack all at once, though. When autocomplete results are available, use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. Sometimes you gotta turn it off for them to hear through the speaker though.

There are also some notable exceptions to these rules and many alternatives if you are unable to use your bike in the drive-thru at your favorite restaurant. Drive Ride-through. I guess this makes sense from the perspective of the restaurant chain, but some of the other reasons given were a bit flimsy. by Ladymx » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:39 pm, #17 Mr Thompson, who runs his own public relations company, plans to write to the branch manager and the fast food chain’s head office to complain. by bikeguy joe » Mon Oct 03, 2005 6:32 am, #15 Others, like the McDonald’s I visited, will take your order from a safe distance and deliver your food from a safe distance without the need for you to enter the building or go through the drive-thru. Henry grew up riding bikes in rural New Mexico. Unread post He said: ‘I was out for the day riding with my son in the trailer when he asked if – as a treat – he could have a Happy Meal. 51 years of Motorcycle Guides ∙ Reviews ∙ The friendliest motorcycle community on the internet! 1 decade ago. I fit all the food in my saddlebags but am afraid the drink will spill. 0 0.