They had reeanactors at the battlefield, with their tents, costumes, & talked to us about camp life. Used by permission of the publisher.

“America?” He sounded slightly stunned, and no wonder. The show’s version really did reflect those of the times. “We’ve the two choices,” he said, brushing back the sweat-soaked hair from his temples.

Cape Fear Memorial Bridge in Wilmington is the highest in North Carolina. These rivers converge in Chatham County just below B. Everett Jordan Dam to form the Cape Fear River.

Explore monuments dedicated to NC veterans in, http://digital.ncdcr.gov/cdm/ref/collection/p16062coll18/id/106540. By signing up for this email, you are agreeing to news, offers, and information from Encyclopaedia Britannica. "The Muscle of the Cape Fear," Our State, September 2012. http://digital.ncdcr.gov/cdm/ref/collection/p16062coll18/id/106540. Carla Morris, Government and Heritage Library. There are many articles about the Battle of Alamance which may contain a brief role of participants. 2009 Ambient Monitoring Report - DWR Water Science Section Reports, 2009 Biological Assessment Report - DWR Water Science Section Reports, 2009 Lake and Reservoir Assessment - DWR Water Science Section Reports, Alderman Ricky River Subbasin Aquatic Taxa Surveys 2010. The river and its region are the setting for the popular Hollywood film noir Cape Fear (originally made in 1962 and remade in 1991), which is based on the novel The Executioner (1958) by John MacDonald.

Thank you for taking me along with you. Psst… whatever the reason, he looks mighty fine! The southern portion of the estuary forms part of the Intracoastal Waterway.

Our editors will review what you’ve submitted and determine whether to revise the article. The Cape Fear River Basin is one of four river basins completely contained within North Carolina’s borders. The river ends in 32,000 acres of estuary near Southport. The Cape Fear River system is North Carolina’s largest river system whose basin covers 9,000 square miles and encompasses streams in 29 of the state’s 100 counties, and is the most industrialized of all of North Carolina's rivers.

I am also moved by your suggestion that we visit more sites that appear in the book and the series here in the US. I wondered what brought Hermon Husband here—and whether he was being followed.

He is a treasure. The Cape Fear River basin drains the middle portion of North Carolina and includes portions of 26 counties and 115 municipalities. The Cape Fear River has been one of North Carolina’s most important natural resources since it was first dubbed ‘‘Rio Jordan’’ by Spanish explorers in 1526. I love reading your observations. The Cape Fear River basin contains 6 … It’s worth the trip upstate! Hi Debbie. Let us know if you have suggestions to improve this article (requires login). The Cape Fear River is a 191.08-mile (307.51 km) long blackwater river in east central North Carolina in the United States.

I enjoy your blog very much!