How to Make this Chicken and Chorizo Paella. My name is Javier De La Hormaza, a Basque born, adopted Yorkshire man, trained chef but lifetime cook, lover of food without gels or froths, hospitality professional turned food importer. Your email address will not be published. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. This offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer, promotion or discount. In a medium size paella pan (34cm diameter) or a large shallow casserole dish, heat one tablespoon of the oil. Season and cook the chicken thighs: Season with salt and pepper on both sides, and cook about 8 minutes per side on medium heat. Add the chicken and cook for 3-4 minutes, then remove from the pan and set aside. Finely chop the parsley stalks, then roughly chop the chorizo and chicken thighs. Homemade Chicken and Chorizo Paella is the best! Add rice, stock, turmeric, saffron and bring to a boil. Use Spanish saffron from La Mancha region, it is considered to be the best in the world. Remove from the pan and set aside. Ideally, you will use a stainless steel paella pan that you can pick up for around £20 from any local cook shop or online shop. Cook about 2-3 minutes. Add the butter beans, chicken broth, and the browned chicken, and season to taste.Shake the pan so all the ingredients are distributed evenly. Deseed and chop the pepper, then add to the pan for a further 5 minutes. Be careful with the chorizo, because its strong flavor can ruin the dish if we don´t add it with moderation. On a regular stove at home, where the gas burners are a lot smaller, rotate the pan occasionally if one side of the pan is cooking less than the other. The saffron powder will blend better into the hot liquid so when you pour it into the paella rice, the saffron liquid will spread evenly. Cook for 30 minutes, or until all the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is cooked. For me, in addition, the crime was not only the “chorizo” and “paella” thing, but also that this recipe didn’t look like a paella, nor even like a Spanish rice dish: a poor invention. Takes 15 minutes to make and 30 minutes to cook, A handful of finely chopped fresh flatleaf parsley. The Spanish can be quite protective about what is and what isn’t a paella, but at the same time, the spirit of their cooking has always been flexible to whatever meat, fish, seafood or game can be found. Hope it helps! You can add the frozen peas on the last 5 minutes of cooking. “I’ve made a few paellas in my time. Chicken and chorizo paella put Jamie Oliver in bull’s eye for Spanish paella fans. Sign-up below to receive goodies from Cooking For My Soul. Follow me on Pinterest, Instagram, Facebook for the latest fun updates and recipes! You can either use sweet or spicy pimentón depending on how much heat you want to give the dish, I prefer to use sweet paprika. Have you seen my vegetarian paella recipe (improving Jamie Oliver’s)? Cook the sofrito and chorizo: Don’t wipe the skillet clean! Add the onion to the pan and cook for 5 minutes, then stir in the sweet smoked paprika and the hot paprika and cook for a further 2 minutes.