How to make The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever (how to make easy cookies from scratch) Like I said, these cookies are crazy easy, however here are a few notes. Hello I’m Laura! Vegan Black Bean Brownies with Peanut Butter, Thriving Postpartum: What to Expect & Postpartum Essentials for Mom, Pantry Staples (Baking & Smoothie Making). Roughly chop and stir in the chocolate. Drop large spoonfuls of batter (around 2 tablespoons in size) onto an ungreased baking sheet. “You can’t beat a good homemade cookie. Losing three babies in such a short time changed me forever. I’m a green smoothie addict, lover of the outdoors, and a peanut butter & nap enthusiast! In fact this is the only cookie recipe I ever make!! (alternately, use a small cookie scoop to make your cookies). I’m stuck with this recipe, it’s the best I’ve made. My friend brought me a meal after my first miscarriage (more on that below) and brought these cookies for dessert. Beat butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl until creamy. I experienced another miscarriage and then got pregnant with my son, Gabe. My friends and family came alongside of me and I began to heal. Gradually beat in flour mixture. The top will look a little more brown than usual, but they will still taste amazing. Just a simple, straightforward, amazingly delicious, doughy yet still fully cooked, chocolate chip cookie that turns out perfectly every single time! These cookies are my go-to chocolate chip cookies. Let them sit on the baking pan for 2 minutes before removing to cooling rack. These are everything a chocolate chip cookie should be. Roll tablespoons of the dough into balls and place onto the lined trays. Thanks for your hard work! The trick to making this best chocolate chip cookie recipe gooey is to not over-bake them. In a separate bowl mix flour, baking soda, salt, baking powder. I wouldn’t have made it through without a handful of close friends who I cherish. Your email address will not be published. Roughly chop and stir in the chocolate. I don't know why there are negative comments on this recipe. NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® original chocolate chip cookies are a true classic and the go-to cookie for all occasions. Fold in the chocolate chips. These cookies hold a special place in my heart. SO easy! ALSO, FOLLOW ALONG WITH ME ON INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, FACEBOOK, YOUTUBE AND  TWITTER FOR MORE RECIPE INSPIRATION AND A GLIMPSE INTO OUR EVERYDAY LIFE! Flatten the balls slightly with your fingers, then place in the hot oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden (make sure you don’t overdo them – the chewier the better). How to bake frozen dough – thawing it first: I love having dough ready to go in the freezer for impromptu guests. Drop by rounded tablespoon onto ungreased baking sheets. I have some babies I never got to hold, so I cherish holding the ones I do. I added a bit of marshmallows and crunchy peanut butter to some and they all turned out great. Chocolate chips, sprinkles, peanut butter chips, etc. Learn how your comment data is processed. So make these cookies and share them with people you love. Sift in and fold through the flour and salt. Submit a Recipe Correction Preheat the oven to 170ºC/325ºF/gas 3. When you want to bake them, simple remove the dough balls from the freezer, set them on a parchment-lined baking sheet and cover with a light cloth towel or napkin to let them thaw. Roll tablespoons of the dough into balls and place onto the lined trays. Plus, there’s no funny ingredients, no chilling, etc. Here are a few notes on the ingredients I usually use. I have been making these for many, many years and everyone who tries them agrees they’re out-of-this-world delicious! We waited two weeks just to be sure, and then I was scheduled to have a D&C and say goodbye to our babies. ***Some people have said they think the cookies are too salty. I have gotten the best results when I place the dough on a parchment lined baking sheet. I can check this off my bucket list now. , Foolproof, even when I half it and sub in vegan butter (Earth Balance buttery sticks). Remove from oven and … I haven’t taken one single day of my kids’ lives for granted. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl. Click here to read more >>. Stir in chocolate chips. Her sweet gesture {literally} took a very dark season in my life and made it a little brighter. Beat the butter and sugar in a large bowl until pale and creamy. I am a former chemistry teacher turned wife and mom of five beautiful babies with one on the way in 2021! Remove from the oven and let the cookies remain on the cookie sheets for about 3 minutes and then transfer them to a wire rack to cool. Leave a comment and review below, then take a picture and tag @joyfoodsunshine #joyfoodsunshine on Instagram so I can see it! In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels 12 oz, 2 cups (12-ounce package) NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels. Once they reach room temperature (after about 1-2 hours depending on the temperature of your kitchen) bake as directed in the recipe. I’m still trying to figure out how to have the same sizes and height on all cookies but I can say for sure they were next to perfect. These cookies remind me of the sweetness and importance of friendship. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line a baking pan with parchment paper and set aside. Originally published February 11, 2018 2,431 Comments. Combine flour, … They will set up as they sit on the cookie sheet for a few minutes. DO NOT change anything else in this recipe. Please be sure to use natural Sea Salt (not iodized table salt). Sign up here to receive weekly e-mails! Just a simple, straightforward, amazingly delicious, doughy yet still fully cooked, chocolate chip cookie that turns out perfectly every single time! No funny ingredients, no chilling time, etc. That’s my motto! There are a few main reasons for this that I have found in my experience: If your cookies didn’t flatten, here are a few things that could’ve been the problem. Like I said, these cookies are crazy easy, however here are a few notes. Soften butter. Using a 1 inch cookie scoop, scoop out the dough and drop on a parchment or sillpat lined cookie sheet. I was in a cloud of postpartum depression with no sweet baby to snuggle the blues away. Combine the flour, cocoa, … Crispy and chewy. Roll 2-3 TBS (depending on how large you like your cookies) of dough at a time into balls and place them evenly spaced on your prepared cookie sheets. Freezer-friendly. Bake for 10 minutes, or until the edges are barely golden brown. No funny ingredients, no chilling time, etc. Add the chocolate chips and mix well. All trademarks and Intellectual Property on this site are owned by Société des Produits Nestlé S.A.,Vevey, Switzerland or used with permission. This is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe ever. This began one of the most difficult, trying times in my life. When you remove the cookies from the oven they will still look doughy. Stir in morsels and nuts. Line two baking sheets with greaseproof paper. They were chosen to be mine. Please, I beg you, do NOT overbake! Thank you for supporting JoyFoodSunshine! We love you recipes!!! I’m baking through lots recipes to find the best of chocolate chip cookie and so far this is the winner! I randomly googled “chocolate chip cookies” and stumbled on your recipe which had the highest rating and decided to go with it. They were so perfect I was convinced they were slice and bake, so I slyly said to her, “”the cookies you brought are SO delicious, how did you make them?”” Lo and behold they were from scratch and she shared the recipe with me! Required fields are marked *. I’m so grateful this is out here for free. Filed Under: Chocolate, Christmas, Cookies, Dessert, Home Slider, Popular Recipes, Recipe Videos, Recipes Tagged With: chocolate, cookies, dessert, easy. Bake for 9 to 11 minutes or until golden brown. Cover and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes. You see, after our daughter Bethany turned one-year-old we were ready to have another baby! I already try your chocolate chip cookies recipe and it is so delicious, I can’t stop eating it..thank you so much for sharing the recipe. The chocolate chip cookie that started it all! Take them out when they are just. Add 12 oz package of chocolate chips and mix well. It is seriously the Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe Ever! Cream together butter and sugars until combined. Let cool for 2-3 on the baking sheet then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely. Chocolate Chip Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches, Homemade Chocolate-Glazed Angel Food Cake, Original NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Chocolate Chip Cookies. Perfectly buttery and sweet. Trust me I have no regrets. Then, preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (if you are baking the frozen dough) and put the cookies in the oven in the beginning of the preheating time. Flatten the balls slightly with your fingers, then place in the hot oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until lightly golden (make sure you don’t overdo them – the chewier the better). DON’T FORGET TO RATE THIS RECIPE AND LEAVE A COMMENT BELOW! Sorry, you need to enable JavaScript to visit this website. Cover and chill in the fridge for 15 minutes. I have tested baking this recipe from frozen more times than I can even count. Last updated on September 2, 2020. Set the timer for 15 minutes and remove the cookies after 15 minutes. This is seriously THE BEST chocolate chip cookies!! Drop by tablespoons onto a cookie sheet and bake for 8-10 minutes. This post contains affiliate links, which means that if you purchase a product through a link you clicked on here, I receive a portion of the sale. The only ingredient I feel confident that can be changed up is the mix-ins. IF YOU MAKE SOMETHING FROM JOYFOODSUNSHINE I WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR CREATIONS! Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool completely. Definitely the right balance between chewy and crispy. At the end of the baking time, these chocolate chip cookies won’t look done but they are. These ones are soft, chewy, delicious, and really simple to make ”, Please enable targetting cookies to show this banner, Please enable functionality cookies to use this feature, 6 tasty ways to use veg in your cake recipes, Double chocolate cookies: Jamie Oliver & Alfie Deyes, 100 g unsalted butter , slightly softened, 125 g golden caster sugar, 1 large free-range egg, ½ teaspoon vanilla extract, 200 g self-raising flour, 1 pinch of fine sea salt, 100 g quality chocolate , (use a mixture of milk and dark, if you like).