CALGARY- The case against a radio DJ charged with assault has been put off. I also had an opportunity to go to a new station on 101.5, but I turned it down. Starting as a "High School DJ" in the early 80s (Smithfield High School, Smithfield, VA) to establishing a striving "Professional Celebrations & Music Entertainment Company." The station uses its on-air brand name as CJAY 92 and is owned by Bell Media. He is better known as ‘Red Dawg’ at Calgary radio station CJAY 92. And it inspired me to create Playdio – Better Music for Business. He said to me “I remember back in the big CJAY 92 days, when I (James) was in Edmonton we heard a lot about Forbsie, and Steele and Reap, but it was Zeeman who people told stories about. James Stuart, the GM for the Chum station 101.5, came back to me and said one of the biggest compliments I’ve ever received. A report generated in 2014 shows that CJAY 92 Calgary is ranked on number 12 in the list of Calgary’s radio stations. Economically, it wasn’t enough. It airs on the format of “active rock.” It is also providing its listeners with classic rock and hard rock music. CJAY-FM is also named as “Calgary’s Best Rock.” It is classified as Class C station, in the list of Canadian radio stations. ‘Everyone was a first time ice […] Bob became a trusted friend and I had a great run with Gerry Forbes, Graeme Reaper, Red Dawg, JD Jory Dorenzo and so many more.

Oh, the irony. It was an exciting time to be able to do rock radio by day, and still insert my love and experience for pop music into building something new. November 1999, westward bound I headed for evenings at the iconic Calgary’s Best Rock, CJAY 92 as ZeeMan. Launching January 1st, 2007 X92.9 has been delivering the goods to Calgary's Alternative scene breaking more bands than we can count. September of 2004 saw me headed back to Calgary and assumed weekends, and middays at Classic Rock Q107 through 2006. Please see our Commenting Policy for more. 2007 saw opportunity at X92.9, but I decided that wasn’t for me. "When CJay 92 first came on air they had no DJs for like, 2 days. A WARM AND BIG SHOUT-OUT TO CITIZENS IN THE HAMPTON ROADS AREA WHO CALLED ON US FOR OUR SERVICES! Then it became KooL 101.5, and then 101.5 KooL FM because that’s what over priced… you get the idea.
In 2001, he took over the CJAY 92 midday show. became really all the name was. Learning how to build website basics while at CJAY 92, I created Executive Media Inc in 2001, a small business which took on all print, web, billboards, logo and t-shirt designs for CJAY 92. Back in 1999 Gerry Forbes gave a shit and wasn't phoning it … X92.9 is also the place to discover great new music from artists such as July Talk, Arkells, Portugal. I arrived there to “Cartman” as they thought it was a great play on South Park, and I didn’t really get much of a say in that, and I was there 3 days before I received an opportunity to move again. I left CJAY 92 via transfer within the company, to do a morning show on the iconic 97.7 HTZ-FM in St Catharines Ontario. But that’s the world of ZACK. 2017 Copyright TopNotch Celebrations, LLC - All Rights Reserved. var hs = document.createElement('script'); hs.type = 'text/javascript'; hs.async = true; So I went with Zack. From this, an extensive list of clients was born with Executive Media Inc. As well as “Zee-Shirts”, and the Vitamin Zee brand of tee shirts. You don't like CJAY, but you picked your CP handle based on the nickname of one of their DJs.

A professional photographer and/or videographer will be on staff to take pictures and capture moments of your event. CJAY used to be the classic station and KIK-FM/Rock 107 the modern station. I’m proud of that guy the most. The sufficient radiation power of CJAY FM’s signal is 100-kilo watts.

CJAY 92 Rocks! E-mail Address: webmaster@cjay92.com

I remember driving in to the city, turning on 92.1 and hearing Bob Steele on the air and thinking “what in the world did I get myself into… I can’t do THAT”.

Now the whole "I'm a dummy" routine is wearing very thin. I created Christmas Canada Radio, I grew the Beatdown mix show, I started a countdown show, I started my Words Podcast, and I also founded Playdio – Better Music for Business with some trusted business colleagues. It sums up the “WHY” and what I appreciate most about radio today. Not the handle but the door itself with both hands, and smashed my ankle twice. As far as the classics go, the circular relationship they have with 107.3 has done a complete flip.

Get a roundup of the most important and intriguing national stories delivered to your inbox every weekday. “Oh that’s my buddy Zack”. And Shane accomplished all of that. Born in Flin Flon, Manitoba… then to Port Alberni BC, I mostly grew up in Fort McMurray Alberta in Canada.
And how that listener told me that they chose life, instead, in that moment. 10k Followers, 1,069 Following, 3,366 Posts - See Instagram photos and videos from CJAY 92 ROCKS (@cjay92rocks) Hard Rock just isn't that big a thing anymore. Back to Calgary later in 2006, and Zeeman was a “no friggen way will you be Zeeman on Jack FM.

It uses the slogan “CJAY 92 rocks!”. Its previous format was a mainstream rock. My name is Shane. I left Sudbury in the fall of 1999 and went to Brockville Ontario. That’s RIVVAY, as in french”. In September 2003, I took a transfer within Standard Radio to chair the morning show at another iconic rock station, 97.7 Hits FM in St. Catharines, ON. In 2007 when I sat down with James Stuart, and he asked me why I loved being on the radio, he inspired me to start writing about the “WHY”. I said “Carter”. In the winter of 1997, my first commercial radio job came back in his hometown of Fort McMurray AB, doing Country Evenings on 1230 CJOK. She said they broke up in February, and that she was attacked while collecting her belongings. CJAY has been in that style for almost a decade now. Jesse, JD, Diamond J, Krys Stewart, and Gerry Forbes are some of the important DJ’s of this channel. “He suddenly snapped, came up in my face,” she remembered. In fact, it was these below moments with Phoenix, Bob Steele and Tim Morgan that started the shift of my WHY in radio. When the latter went CHR/Top 40, CJAY expanded to fill the gap.