Does this cake need to refrigerated or can it sit covered on the counter? It received rave reviews from my guests. On top or actually in the cake? So glad you like the recipes, Fanny! Just clean thoroughly. Hi Minnie, The cake should be baked immediately after mixing but it’s perfectly fine to make it a day ahead of time – this cake keeps well. OHMIGOD!!! Made it for my husband’s birthday and he said it was the best cake he’s had in years. Copyright & Privacy Information: All content and photography is copyright Life Made Simple and Natalie Dicks, ©2010-2019, unless otherwise stated. I have made it many times and it is always perfect. —Cheri Eby, Gunnison, Colorado, Classic Carrot Cake Recipe photo by Taste of Home. This is a favorite at our house, for my sweetie’s birthday I make a half recipe, baked it in 2 6” round pans for about 35 min. Thanks so much, Tisa. Once all of the sugar is mixed in, increase the speed to medium-high and beat until fluffy. I'd love to know how it turned out! What modifications would I need to make a zucchini cake? Using a rubber spatula, scrape the mixture into the flour mixture. Family was crazy about it!! In any recipe I use raisins, I always soak them in bourbon. Once again, thank you for a delicious recipe that makes me feel like a rock star when I serve it to my family. Also I used half apple sauce and half pineapple (crushed) but I didn’t drain the pineapple very much , I’m hoping that it doesn’t affect the outcome. Combine the butter, cream cheese and vanilla in the bowl of an electric mixer and beat until smooth and creamy. Substituted pumpkin pie spice. document.head.appendChild(s); temperature ? This Classic Carrot Cake recipe uses crushed pineapple to give the cake a rich, moist texture. Crumbly spiced perfection paired with velvety smooth cream cheese make this classic carrot cake a mouth watering bite. Let cakes cool completely & use cake leveler to remove domed tops, Spread the top with an even layer of cream cheese frosting, Generously spread cream cheese frosting on sides and top, Garnish with addition toasted pecans, if desired. I like to add the vanilla at the end, then beat on high for about three to five minutes or until it’s nice and fluffy. Goes to my top five list of favorite cakes. It will be similar timing as this recipe: https://www.favfamilyrecipes.com/nothing-bundt-cakes-carrot-cake-copycat/. Once all of the confectioners’ sugar is added, beat on medium-high speed until light and fluffy. Enjoy! Hi Lulu, for the best results, I’d stick with all-purpose flour here. I can’t find confectioners sugar in my local grocery store in London. Would it work in a glass pan? Thanks so much! This is the NEW standard for our house. You are going to love it! The will keep for a week in the refrigerator. coat them in some of the flour mixture then they won’t sink but stay suspended in the cake whilst baking. Will be printing this one out!! Both layers came out easily! Hope your dinner is a success! Hi Anna, so glad you enjoy the recipes! Cool completely on a wire rack. No taste of the olive oil in the finished product. To obtain the most accurate nutritional information in a given recipe, you should calculate the nutritional information with the actual ingredients used in your recipe, using your preferred nutrition calculator. Again, I tried it today and made three cakes. This classic carrot cake is moist, fluffy and spiced to perfection. https://www.greatbritishchefs.com/recipes/classic-carrot-cake-recipe I’d love to know how it turns out! You can make this in the bundt cake easily. Thank you Jenn! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. My mind is blown! Everyone loved it! Thank you for letting me know — it has been corrected! I tried this recipe last night, and it fell apart. My carrot cake with pineapple earned first place! How long does it last? Pour into a greased 9" x 13" cake pan and bake at 350 degrees for 50 minutes. -Erica. Followed your recipe to a “T”. This Classic Carrot Cake was moist and flavorful, and the cream cheese frosting was creamy and delicious. Everyone loved it! Or weigh after? It seems like people either LOVE or HATE carrot cake. There is something so comforting about rich spices mixed with a creamy tangy kick. Grease a 13x9-in. Hi Susana, When you put the cream cheese, butter, vanilla, and salt in the mixing bowl, mix it on low speed until combined, then increase the speed to medium-high. Lovely flavor and texture. Hi Terry, So sorry you had trouble with the cake. By slab cake I mean a large single layer cake. Would you recommend waiting to frost just before serving, or can I frost the day before? Thank you!!! Follow the recipe HERE, or read on for some tips to making the very best frosting: From birthdays to holidays to weekend gatherings, nothing brings people together than a beautiful cake! I halved the recipe, baked it in a 9×9 square pan and it was done at 30 minutes. Hi Jenn For the cake can i used Almond instead of walnut? Can you use this recipe to make cupcakes? I use all the time and get so many compliments! Does this need to be stored in the fridge because of the cream cheese frosting? Made this cake on the heels of having made my prior go-to recipe for carrot cake. How should I adjust the baking time? Varying factors such as product types or brands purchased, natural fluctuations in fresh produce, and the way ingredients are processed change the effective nutritional information in any given recipe.