Social division targets the social class. They are bound to the people that are better than them on a socio-economic level, but resent the fact. The death of both women also indicates a social commentary. 10 Branford, V., Interpretations and Forecasts (London, 1914). 77 Bosanquet, , Rich and Poor, p. 37; Bell, , At the Works, p. 319. Marxism is a theory based on “a materialist interpretation of historical development and a dialectical view of social transformation” (Wikipedia, 2017) by philosophers Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels. Shaw reflects a society that is divided by wealth, education and language. 21, 34–5). * Views captured on Cambridge Core between . and Simey, M. B., Charles Booth: Social Scientist (Oxford, 1960), pp. I will begin by examining the superficiality and self –love of the society in the play. 67 Loane, , The Next Street But One, pp. In Hamlet you have the Royal Court which consists of King Claudius, Queen Gertrude, and Prince Hamlet. Rowntree, B. S. (London, 1905), and Rowntree, B. S. and Lavers, G. R., English Life and Leisure (London, 1951). See Norman N. Holland, Psychoanalysis and Shakespeare, rev. The Marxist lens deals with the differences of the social classes and their effects on society as a whole. 250–1. 109–32; Thompson, Flora, Lark Rise to Candleford (World's Classics edition, London, 1954), pp. The creation of Marxism is credited Karl Marx and Friedrich Engels in the mid-nineteenth century to combat the ideas of Capitalism. See also Moore, M. J., ‘Social Work and Social Welfare: The Organization of Philanthropic Resources in Britain, 1900–1914’, Journal of British Studies, xvi (1977). 8 , T.S.

Then I will look at how this superficiality is manifested, King Lear, written by William Shakespeare, has been known as the greatest, and most tragic, of Shakespeare’s plays.
Ships’ captains would sign on almost anyone; there might be a chance of prize money, but a greater chance of death by shipwreck or disease. Hamlet displays many differences in social class that is very similar to the social class systems in America. Although he cares for both, he's suspicious, as well. Social class matters. However, since he was established as King, people looked up to him regardless of his mental state. Deny thy father and refuse thy name; 
Or if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love
And I'll no longer be a Capulet.” said bitterly by Juliet; in the famous balcony scene of the Literature masterpiece– Romeo and Juliet. There was, however, a certain simple-mindedness in Rowntree's use of evidence, and Mrs Bosanquet's recklessness deprived her argument of some force.

II (1887), p. 394.