Generated by Wordfence at Wed, 11 Nov 2020 20:40:41 GMT.Your computer's time: document.write(new Date().toUTCString());. Opening Hours . Worth paying the entry fee just to have tea in the Orangery! Access from your area has been temporarily limited for security reasons. Wordfence is a security plugin installed on over 3 million WordPress sites. And what a mistake it was! Engraved and hand coloured fan leaf, English, 1739, Printed fan with Art Nouveau design by E. Gendrot, c. 1900. Hidden on the beautiful Crooms Hill in Greenwich in a lovely Georgian fronted building is the Fan Museum - one of the foremost homes for fans in the world and providing a wonderful display of them spanning history. The owner of this site is using Wordfence to manage access to their site. Pictorial records showing some of the earliest fans date from around 3000 BC and there is evidence that the Greeks, Etruscans and Romans all used fans as cooling and ceremonial devices, while Chinese literary sources associate the fan with ancient mythical and historical characters. This is my second visit to this amazing museum of fans. You will then receive an email that helps you regain access. You could be forgiven for walking past the Fan Museum without even knowing it.
My friend and I loved it and we can not believe it was free. £5.00 adult entry but Half price for Natioanal Trust members. But all these cooling devices relied on human- or horse-powered fans. Cafe is located in the Fan Museum where you have to pay an entry free(£4 adults £3 kids over 7) to the museum in orde, I have been living not far from this place for about 19 years now. As you explore the dimly lit back streets of Whitechapel, images of Victorian London are projected onto buildings to guarantee a highly atmospheric experience. We recommend booking The Fan Museum tours ahead of time to secure your spot. Electrical motor is encased in blue sheet metal, semi-sphere in shape, with vents in back, black on/off knob. We also welcome gifts of fans singly or in collections. size of each blade :… august 9, 2019 in museum.

If you are a WordPress user with administrative privileges on this site, please enter your email address in the box below and click "Send". I had delicious carrot cake and my partner the equally delicious cram tea. Hidden on the beautiful Crooms Hill in Greenwich in a lovely Georgian fronted building is the Fan Museum - one of the foremost homes for fans in the world and providing a wonderful display of them. What restaurants are near The Fan Museum? Search by artist name, date, material and more, or browse popular searches.