Will this butter cream hold well in summer?? Firm enough to hold its shape when used with a decorating bag and tip, it also makes a tasty, airy filling. How to Make Ermine Frosting (Flour Buttercream). It was fantastic on your lemon cake with lemon curd filling! I don’t know why I thought it would be complicated to get right. //. It would require some experimentation (maybe less milk, maybe more flour) to ensure it’s as thick as it needs to be. I made this recipe for cupcakes earlier this summer and it was divine! You can even use it on my easy one bowl chocolate cupcakes, no problem. Sounds a nice buttercream, could i add caramel sauce to it or would it make it too soft to work with? PLUS get my 10 Baking Secrets to Bake Like A Pro! I mean, oh whatever, let’s just make some. Ermine Frosting is an old fashioned French-inspired buttercream recipe. Hmm, maybe your last post?

Morning Carlee! Also, how many cupcakes can your ermine frosting decorate? . I frosted the lemon blueberry cake with lemon curd filling. I just watched a cooking program…sadly, I didn’t get the name since I came in on the ‘halfway mark’…that said Ermine Frosting would hold up better in heat/humidity than buttercreams or whipped cream frosting. Can you pls put the measurements in grams as I am not sure of your measuring cups mine is 250ml. This subreddit is devoted to the discussion of baking, the questions that arise during the process, and requests for critiques or comments on your work! We add a little heavy cream for an ultracreamy consistency you can't get from butter and sugar alone. The guests at the party said it was the best bday cake they’d tasted and not at all sickly . It’s true that stoves differ quite a bit, especially between electric, gas, and induction. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. How long do you leave yours out before eating?

Hi Prudence! Making it again now for filling and crumb coat on a 4 layer 8″ cake. Fifty-two pieces of cake decorating essentials, including pastry bags, an Ateco tip set, rose nails, gel coloring, and spreading spatulas, all wrapped up in a shiny storage box. Texture: Light and soft.

You just might need to chill it for a bit if you find it too soft. and in your opinion, which frosting can hold up in heat.

Will it thicken if I chill it? I don’t want to make it gritty like American buttercream but I do want a sweet buttercream. . They should always be served at room temperature - cold meringue buttercream tastes like a slab of sweet butter - and are going to be more stable. and because I always have flour, sugar, butter, and milk in my house. Difficulty Level: Fairly Easy. My little secret is to add a little almond extract in addition to the vanilla.
All Rights Reserved. Do you know of any reason why I couldn’t decrease the amount of sugar in the “pudding” for next time? The frosting will be fine refrigerated and then brought to room temp again . Hi Anne! How thick is the roux suppose to get? Thanks Liv! I'm inspired by the beauty of fresh ingredients and believe that there are few bad days that can’t be improved with a warm baguette and a wedge of Brie. You know I’ll be bringing Ermine Buttercream Frosting to our Throwback Thursday #31 Link Party, hosted by Quinn of Dad What’s for Dinner, Meaghan of 4 Sons are Us, Alli of Tornadough, Carlee from Cooking with Carlee and Moi! All Rights Reserved. I do find it very sweet though. I live in a tropical climate so I am not entirely sure if this is the best cupcake to make for my niece’s first bday party. Success! You can try to knock some out by stirring it with a spatula or put it in your stand mixer and mix on low with a paddle for a few minutes. Aside from teaching me an array of fancy piping techniques, the kit also introduced me to the wonderful world of buttercreams. Add the (room temperature) flour mixture 1 Tbsp at a time, incorporating well after each addition. You are ready to kick off this 5-day free e-mail course on mastering swiss meringue buttercream. Continue to beat until the mixture becomes light and fluffy. There is a metric converter below the list of ingredients. Learn how your comment data is processed. Yes, your right the cakes needs to have a lot of flavour itself to stop the buttercream over powering it or you need to have a stronger flavour in the buttercream like mint or caramac.Ooooh i’m now intrigued by your banana sheet cake! This ermine frosting has a lot names folks. My concern would be it might make the frosting too soft to work with. We have a love/hate relationship.).