Perhaps today is worse than others for you. From on Fibro Warrior to another, great entry. He made some points that are worth considering from "the other side of … My opinion only. Just helping us do simple things means a lot. Sending you very soft hugs!!

Here I want to tell you that it is just not the fibromyalgia that I am dealing with. Just being there for us and listening makes us not feel alone. Helen, thank you so much for your support, it’s much appreciated!

With this, I am looking into different other medical problems as well. As we are friends we can understand each other in a better way. She understands.I have been very pro-active dealing with fibro,but seem to have lost my determination lately.I know this can be a slippery slope.Need to get back on the horse,so to speak.Wishing you peaceful,and pain free day. It will help them understand better what you go through each day. A Letter to Friends and Family About Fibromyalgia Posted by liliaslifewithfibromyalgia January 8, 2016 April 25, 2018 Posted in Fibromyalgia Tags: Chronic pain , Fibromyalgia , Fibromyalgia Warrior , Invisible illness , letter , What is Fibromyalgia? Yvonne, it is a lonely painful beast of a disease. I relate to how you feel, as I also live alone (other than my two fur babies). She is going through the hellish nightmare of DOMESTIC VIOLENCE. Finally, just believe us when we tell you that we are sick.

Let me know what kind of responses you get. At that moment, I just found that the strength may be due to the anti-inflammatory medication I used to take for pain relief. I will definitely share this with a few people in my life who I feel really need to know this. Em Wow! Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account.
To deal and better understand fibromyalgia and its symptoms on a person’s life I just join a community where all the fibro patients share and be nice with each other.

Cindy, they may not respond, but at least you know you got your message out there, I completely understand! I finally accepted that this illness does not go a way and the more I endeavor to explain the farther a way I feel. You're overwhelmed.

The letter was not meant to be personal, just hypothetical ? Finally, just believe us when we tell you that we are sick. Far less safer.

Click Here to receive the latest FM News via e-mail, Tips for Deciding Whether to Change Healthcare Plans, Canntab Joins Australian Medical Cannabis Study for Fibromyalgia, Other Chronic Disorders, Virtual Reality Therapeutic EaseVRx Named Breakthrough Device by FDA, Reciprocating Kindness Can Help With Fibromyalgia Woes. I think your letter was inspirational honest and truthful anyone with fibro knows how it is to live with this disease and I don’t us that word lightly Disease because it is.

I have had a very difficult time explaining to others what it is like to have Fibro and your letter will help greatly. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website. I was able to be up all day and yesterday went and ran errands on my new Can Am Spyder. I OBVIOUSLY have the same symptoms and same view as you. You have to be really strong to deal with all of this. I hope your flare ends soon so you can get back to the gardening that you love. The only thing I would add is that if we do tough it out, it makes us crash hard and take longer to bounce back. Support us and help us fight this. This is very difficult to do as my illness is "unseen." I am looking for a support group to join. Sometimes I feel severe pain at my back, feel cramps in legs or in muscles, have a headache and a muscle strain that gets even worse with time.

Copyright 2020 Chronic Pain Fighter All Right Reserved.

It was so wonderful. This is probably the biggest one. Robin, thank you for the letter, I think it will be very helpful to my friends, would not try to send to my husband or family, but my friends will read it, I have already send many of your articles to some friends and they said they had no idea about the way this disease affect Us…..they are nicer to me now, but, yes, it is lonely, my friends of course do not change they life for me, but at least they now understand….we need to reach out to people who care,,,,,the others can….jump….. Viviane, the first step to change is understanding. Still, it should have been my choice. By suggesting you were brainstorming and not actually planning on announcing this to any one in particular makes sense. I want to tell you all I have had 3 absolutely perfect days. Please understand when some days we just stay in bed, we really aren’t feeling good. They don’t believe us because our illness is invisible. Just being there for us and listening makes us not feel alone. A Fibromyalgia Warrior that you care about, I'm a 19 year old living with Fibromyalgia and want to share my journey, what Fibromyalgia has taught me, encouragement, and how I deal with it. Theme By, A letter from a Person having fibromyalgia to his Friends, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window), Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window).
Pain and non restorative sleep, REM sleep, are the main two symptoms.

Read some of her “letters” here. Imagine you're planning a party and expecting about 20 guests.

These might seems really simple, but they aren’t. I get it too, always think I’m dying when it starts up. Hi Robin-personally, I get it. Truly inspirational letter, which I will share with my family and friends, Thank you Ann! They don’t believe us because our illness is invisible. We are toughing it out every single day just functioning. ??????????

Required fields are marked *. Hi family , friends and anyone who wishes to read this ️ It is very difficult to explain my illness as it's not visible . UGHHHHHH SIGHHHHHHH

It is a three wheel motorcycle with two wheel in front.

Thank you!

People do not understand that it’s not that we have become antisocial, some days it’s virtually impossible to go out at times, just going to the grocery takes so much out of me. I know that most of the information is not new to you, but I feel comfortable to share about. I am grateful for sights such as this one as I finally don’t feel so alone.

The Fibromyalgia Letter Hello Family, Friends, and Anyone Wishing to Know Me! I won’t though because whenever I do post ANYthing about my fibro NOBODY comments, likes or otherwise. Sadly, it’s made me very gunshy about initiating new friendships bc of this. Here I want to share with my friends that I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia at the age of 25.

Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Mayhap a tad overwhelmed so back to my paint brushes and ice pack.

read my letter and appreciate my efforts as well.

How I wish that was true… Great letter, Robin! This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. I left about nine and did not get back until two. This letter is for you, my dear friend. This is probably the biggest one. Dear Ann and Rochelle.Thank you so much for your kind words,and for responding!

We really want to, but our body isn’t letting us. ( Log Out /  Finally they would have to get a really bad cold. I know very well that most of you are supportive and have sympathy for me but I want to share more about my condition so you guys will better understand what is fibromyalgia. Looking back, I wonder if I have not suffered this horrible illness my whole life.

A Letter to Friends and Family About Fibromyalgia, College With a Chronic Illness: The Essentials, The Calm Before A Storm With A Chronic Illness, First Week Back At A Traditional School (Progress On Guaifenesin Protocol 8/16-23/18). I miss having my health and vitality and still learning new ways to do things that once were so easy-challenges have become hurdles I walk around as I cannot jump, crawl under or move the hurdle…said w/ my usual attempt at comic relief. The bride has just told us that a colleague told her, Oh, don’t ask them, Marita won’t come in any case. In Columns, Through the Fog - A Column by Robin Dix. Cheryl, thanks for sharing. … As I did as well.. DO ANY OF YOU GET THIS CHOKING THING CAUSING YOU TO HAVE COUGHING ATTACKS… NO MUCUS..JUST A HACK COUGH CAUSING ME TO ALMOST THROW UP… You are written off as irrelevant or insignificant or even fabricated. Initially, I was not in a state to even imagine that it is fibromyalgia. I always have water w me to help wash everything down but I’ve noticed this mentioned frequently across many sights. Some things you can do to help us are; be there for us, support us, tell us you love us, understand when we can’t do something, believe that we are actually sick, research our illness, and fight with us. I know it will be printed and shared over and over again!

The doctor suggests multiple tests, examinations, x-rays, etc. many Ladies want to learn it,,,,I do my meetings and teaching in afternoon after my lunch at 11am , no breakfeast, I would have an hour rst, after thet I am OK again for a few hours, even manage to go out with friends for diner, early, once a week, so, not complaining, just now life is so different, friends try but do not WANT to understand, they are healthy like my husband said and who want to be with a sick woman??? Today, I want to tell everyone that from years I have been suffering from the constant pain that sometimes got severe or unbearable. Most likely we have tried so many things, so don’t push us to try something that we don’t want to try. Please edit my conversations with all my friends, doctors, colleagues! She writes specifically to friends and family to help them understand what she is going through. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. ??????????

The main thing your friend or family member needs from you is your understanding, support and encouragement. An older retired “Jill” of many trades and proficient at some.

Some things you can do to help us are; be there for us, support us, tell us you love us, understand when we can’t do something, believe that we are actually sick, research our illness, and fight with us. If they don’t understand fm it just makes it worse. At that time, I feel like a helpless person, it makes me cry, upset and depressed as well. I am in constant pain now struggle is my middle name fatigue is my only friend sometimes life is a major struggle, Your email address will not be published. I grab something to eat like a piece of fruit or sip some juice..or even a Claussen dill kosher pickle works great… It comes on usually daily and happens a few times throughout the day..

Notify me of follow-up comments by email. Fibromyalgia is a chronic pain condition characterised by widespread pain in… Thank you Robin! Thank you for your blog and this letter, there are so many things we need others to understand. I understand what you are saying.