Related linksRECIPE | Classic crumpets by Paul Hollywood Tip the dough onto the oil and knead the dough. Your email address will not be published. Cut the dough in half length ways and divide each of those in half length ways also. 2. Add the olive oil and ¾ of the water and begin mixing on a slow speed with the dough hook attachment. Don’t forget to take time for yourself when you need it.

Take a moment to have a poke – not many doughs look like this. 5. This can only be good. RECIPE | Easter hot cross buns by Paul Hollywood Add the remaining water a little at a time until you have a soft, sticky dough and all the flour is incorporated. Constantly in awe of nature and on a mission to seek the joy in every moment. Customer comment If using baking paper, dust with lots of the strong flour. Tip the flour into a large mixing bowl and add the salt to one side of the bowl and the yeast to the other. Pre heat the oven to 230C, gas mark 8. A straightforward Italian ciabatta recipe that's relatively easy and supremely satisfying to make. That is also why you DON’T want to knead delicate things like pie dough or scones or anything.

But it baked up nice!

I’m incredibly pleased with these. Cover with a tea towel or reusable plastic wrap and leave somewhere warm until it has doubled or even trebled in size, 1-2 hours or longer. I listened to the concert while kneading. Then it would be thick enough to slice in half for sandwiches and stuff. I am ever-so-happy that I finally didn't eff up some bread. is not enabled on your browser. I kneaded it for almost 10 min and it got a little thicker, but not much.
Remove from the oven and brush with more olive oil. Using your fingers make indentations over the surface. It’s a bit tricky transferring these long pieces of dough onto the trays, because they’re so floppy and sticky. 2 tbsp olive oil 300ml cool water I guess I did cheat in some aspect because I just kneaded it in the bowl for 10 min rather than on the counter like the recipe said, but that really was because I didn’t want to have to clean the counter after I was done…  You have to knead bread dough until it is really stretchy, this means that the gluten has been activated. I baked this Sunday night after being Up North for the weekend. The recipe said to split the dough into 2 LARGE pans, but it did NOT seem like enough dough.

It’s important to use a square tub here to help shape the dough. I second your last few sentences…giving you an air hug today! Like I said, I used Paul Hollywood’s focaccia recipe. Making these tomorrow. You DON’T want the gluten to form, and instead you want a crumbly texture. 38 ratings 4.8 out of 5 star rating. I’m also pleased with how they photographed, sliced and ready for my lunch. Do try and eat some whilst still warm though. Reading that the dough would be tricky to handle, I cut and shaped it across 2 sheets of parchment paper rather than a floured board. Cheers!!! This straightforward ciabatta recipe is relatively easy and satisfying to make To get that classic ciabatta shape and open texture, you need a very wet and sloppy dough, so you really have to make it in an electric mixer. I used two long knives and slid them under each end, trying to lift them like that. Then mix for a further 5-8 minutes on a medium speed until the dough is smooth and stretchy. I put it in one large pan, and I think if I were to make this again, I would do an EVEN SMALLER pan. You should now have four long pieces of dough. If you'd like to comment further on this recipe you can do so in the ( Log Out /  The best way to bake!

I have added some extra seasoning and Kalamata olives (on my halve only because my partner is not a fan – I’m winning the tomato battle though! And for once, Paul heavily advises to use an electric mixer because of this. Keep Baking and traveling too. Required fields are marked *, Hello, I'm Leyla A Londoner with a passion for exploring this incredible planet and discovering new cultures and cuisines along the way. I can’t write a blog about food this week without thinking of Anthony Bourdain. Add the oil and 240ml of the water. Lately because of the A/C my house has been pretty cold, so what I do to quicken the rising process is I turn the oven to WARM and put the bowl of dough in there. We use cookies to provide you with a better service on our websites. A bread that worked! Did you add any extra moisture to the oven? 3. This recipe was first published in March 2014. Just before baking sprinkle over the salt. Please feel free to leave a comment below, I love hearing from you all! They also taste fantastic – a deliciously flavour packed crust with a chewy texture, alongside a light and fragrantly olive middle. I let it rest and rise in a warm place. Last night’s cookbook perusal was in search for such a recipe, and that could be mixed and proving prior to starting work at 9am in my office for the day, my dining room.

Carefully tip out the dough (it’s pretty wet) onto the work surface. See Tip 2 below. 35-25cm. If you are unable to use JavaScript In addition to that, this is a bread recipe that only requires a single prove unlike most, resulting in a far shorter time until the end result. Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. This will take between 1-3 hours. 1. But boy do you get a result at the end. Continue kneading for 5-10 minutes. Layer the potatoes over the top and scatter over the thyme leaves cover with cling film. Brush with olive oil. I first saw this when Paul made it with Mary. Those are chapatis. Stretch each piece a bit length ways and place on the prepared baking trays. I’m so glad it worked out for you and you enjoyed the bread. After the 8 minutes of mixing, the dough is incredibly stretchy and elastic. To learn more about how we use the cookies, please see our cookies policy, This site requires JavaScript for certain features to work, but this ( Log Out /  customersupport@waitrose.co.uk, You can also add it to one of your existing cookbooks, Send a link to this recipe to a friend or your own e-mail address as a reminder, The recipe will be added to your scrapbook, 500g strong white bread flour Cool on a wire rack. great job and it looks Delicious!

All of this water makes the mix very sloppy. , Italian Ciabatta Bread Paul Hollywood Recipe. you would do it then. We need journalists like him to share stories about people and places that we don’t see everyday to help connect us to the world outside our town, state, and country. Especially when you’re like me and think about your lunch while eating dinner the night before.
:-). Customer Sales and Support Centre by free phone on 0800 1 88884 or Paul Hollywood threw one up I hadn’t tried before and that I certainly wouldn’t turn away for lunch – ciabatta. Leave the dough to rest uncovered for 10 minutes. As someone who loves food and travel as much as I do, it would have been impossible to discover those passions without authentic, adventurous, exciting storytellers like him. I am saddened that he is gone, and he will be missed by many. I just saw him make this last night on Netflix and he did not add any moisture to the oven. That worked for the first couple, but not for the last two. Add a dollop of pesto, garlic and chilli, carmelised onion or fresh herbs for a sharing treat. by email at

Once the dough has doubled or tripled in size, pre-heat your oven to 220C. Turn off work when you need a break. Use the fingers of one hand to mix the ingredients together. You are free to manage this via your browser setting at any time. The extra water in the dough turns to steam during the baking process, creating the signature air pockets and open texture. You may not need all the water. First time so wish me luck. I have it easier than the show contestants with these ones, so not too tough. I am ever-so-happy that I finally didn’t eff up some bread. It gives it the chewy texture and helps the dough stick together. See Tip 3 below. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Well done. Tip the dough onto the baking tray and flatten with your hands into a flat, even rectangle approx. It was easy to slide the parchment paper onto a baking sheet and the baked ciabatta for breakfast was amazing – Thank you. I probably shouldn’t knock those other posts, I mean, it’s the same thing that I am doing, right?

See Tip 1 below. Extra olive oil for kneading and brushing over the bread. Once it was done rising, you pour it into a sheet pan, let it rise one more time, drizzle with olive oil and salt, and bake it. It’s by Paul Hollywood from his awesome book ‘How to Bake’. Bake for 25 minutes or until the loaves are golden brown and sound hollow when tapped. Extra olive oil for kneading and brushing over the bread, The Waitrose & Partners farm, Leckford Estate. Red onion & rosemary focaccia . Put the dough into a lightly oiled bowl. I wish I would have made it sooner because I would have loved to make some sammies with this bread! Bloggers support bloggers? It doesn’t get too hot to cook anything or ruin your plastic bowl, but warm enough to get that yeast workin. I think it is because it was a REAL recipe (Paul Hollywood’s to be exact) rather than a QUICK NO KNEAD CHEAT recipe I found on some random Pinterest post.

That is focaccia. Lots of “irregular air holes” like Paul was looking for when he judged the contestants of this episode.

Find something that makes you happy, even if it is small. I managed to use one knife and my hand in the end, rolling part of one end onto my hand and lifting the other with the knife. 1 tsp sea salt Bake for 20-30 minutes until the bread is golden brown. Line a baking tray with parchment. Tip out the dough into the prepared tub and spread it so it reaches all sides and corners. Find me on: Web | Twitter | Instagram | Facebook. Excellent amendments Helen! Focaccia recipes.