Tributes have flooded in for the cook - dubbed "The Chef's Chef" by his peers - with many in the industry thanking him for inspiring them. Nothing comes to you, you have to go and get it.". For further details of our complaints policy and to make a complaint please click here. Gary Rhodes OBE (22 April 1960 – 26 November 2019) was an English restaurateur and television chef, known for his love of English cuisine and ingredients and for his distinctive spiked hair style. "He was working until the day he died. A true British classic Gary Rhodes, you open the door for so many young English cooks.". He was a chef who put British Cuisine on the map. It is unclear whether the picture was meant as a tribute to his father. Guy Lane. Always a lovely man who gave me great advice when I first started out. A true culinary icon and a lovely man. Jaideep Bhatia, from of the Grosvenor House Dubai where Rhodes was a chef, said he was working "until the day he died". Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. She added: "He arrived in Dubai in 2007 and had two restaurants, Rhodes 2010 at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort and Spa, and Rhodes W1 at the Grosvenor. Sending my love and thoughts to his wife Jennie and their boys. Strictly exit for TV chef Rhodes. The heartbroken son of the celebrity chef Gary Rhodes has paid a poignant tribute to his 'amazing dad' on his first Father's Day without him. Rhodes poses for a photograph during the Press and VIP preview day at Chelsea Flower Show at Royal Hospital Chelsea on May 18th, 2009 in London, England. xx, oh my goodness! "Gary was taken ill very suddenly at home during a break in filming and died a short time afterwards. No need to register, buy now! View our online Press Pack. According to a statement released by Dubai Police, the famous chef "died of natural causes". In a statement they revealed that the TV chef passed away on Tuesday evening 'with his beloved wife Jennie by his side'. "The family would like to thank everyone for their support and ask for privacy during this time.". His banana and syrup loaf was the first thing I baked all on my own. Sending all the love and prayers to your wife and kids. The picture was taken three years ago at George's wedding and he has received an outpouring of support following his dad’s … The MasterChef and Hell's Kitchen star's family said: "The Rhodes family are deeply saddened to announce the passing of beloved husband, father and brother, Gary Rhodes OBE. His brother Chris today said he has "lost a best friend" in a heartbreaking tribute to the star. "Production was obviously halted as soon as Gary was taken ill and members of the Rock Oyster Team remain in Dubai to support the family as best they can.". Musician Anastacia and Rhodes during the Global Gift Gala on day six of the 13th annual Dubai International Film Festival held at the Four Seasons Hotel on December 12th, 2016. We and our partners use cookies on this site to improve our service, perform analytics, personalize advertising, measure advertising performance, and remember website preferences. He was happy and life was good. A true British classic Gary Rhodes, you open the door for so many young English cooks.". Gary died in Dubai on Tuesday, with his death confirmed by his family. He was known for his love of British cuisine and earned a record five Michelin Stars throughout his career. Its Facebook page has not been updated since September 8. The day after he posted the photograph online his dad died unexpectedly with his wife Jennie by his bedside in Dubai. The dad-of-two - who moved to the UAE in 2007 - was working on the day he died and his death is said to have come as a complete shock. Our journalists strive for accuracy but on occasion we make mistakes. The pages are stuck together with syrup So much love to his family #garyrhodes, Mum who couldn’t afford £800 carpet makes new flooring with grey £20 B&M rugs, Brits who test positive for Covid could get three-month 'freedom pass', Naked Attraction viewers devastated as virgin, 23, is brutally dumped, Cop & paramedic lover caught selling £150-an-hour threesome sex sessions, Harry's 'publicity stunt' wreath has wilted like the public's opinion of him, ©News Group Newspapers Limited in England No. Gary Rhodes: The First Rock Star Chef aired earlier this year with Gordon joining Ainsley Harriott and GBBO's Candice Brown to speak about the iconic star. He was working until Tuesday.". A true British classic Gary Rhodes, you open the door for so many young English cooks.". Mr Oliver posted on Instagram: "Sadly Chef Gary Rhodes OBE passed away. Rhodes was a household name in the early 2000s and starred in shows such as MasterChef, Hell's Kitchen and also fronted his own cooking shows. Connect with friends faster than ever with the new Facebook app. RIP, my friend. The MasterChef and Hell's Kitchen star's family said: "The Rhodes family are deeply saddened to announce the passing of beloved husband, father and brother, Gary Rhodes OBE. He was a chef who put British Cuisine on the map. "He reimagined modern British cuisine with elegance and fun. A statement from the Grosvenor House Dubai added: "The team is devastated to hear of the tragic passing of Chef Gary Rhodes OBE. ", Chef Daniel Clifford wrote: "Rest in peace. Comments are subject to our community guidelines, which can be viewed, George Rhodes uploaded this wedding picture to Instagram the day before his dad Gary Rhodes died, TV chef Gary Rhodes, who was known for his spiky hair, has died aged 59, Gary Rhodes with his wife Jennie, and two children George and Samuel, in London in 1998, Rest in peace. George Rhodes uploaded the picture of him with the MasterChef star - famed for his gelled spiky hair - to Instagram with a blue heart emoji caption. The collection of pictures uploaded included several of the family when his sons were very young, all smiling at the camera, George Rhodes uploaded seven pictures to Instagram with his father and brother Samuel accompanied by an emotional message on a tough day for the family. rest in peace Chef , A post shared by Jamie Oliver (@jamieoliver) on Nov 27, 2019 at 1:22am PST, We lost a fantastic chef today in Gary Rhodes. My heart felt sympathies to his wife , kids, friends and family, sending love and thoughts. Love and thoughts to Jennie and the boys, Rest in peace a true British classic Gary Rhodes you open the door for so many young English cooks, So so sad to hear about Gary Rhodes. Mystery of Gary Rhodes' death at 59: Celebrity chef was... Own a piece of the Ritz! Gary Rhodes: The First Rock Star Chef aired earlier this year with Gordon joining Ainsley Harriott and GBBO's Candice Brown to speak about the iconic star. A message on its website reads: "Closed from 16th September until further notice." Along with fellow chef Marguerite Patte, Rhodes inspects the kitchen of former British prime minister Sir Winston Churchill at the opening of the first phase of a £7.5m project to renovate the British Imperial War Museum-owned War Rooms back on April 8th, 2003. Rhodes attends the Music Industry Trust Awards 2005 back in November 2005. He was happy and life was good. He moved to Dubai in 2011. "Gary was a fantastic chef and incredible ambassador for British cooking, he was a massive inspiration to me as a young chef. His brother Chris today said he has "lost a best friend" in a heartbreaking tribute to the star. She added: "He arrived in Dubai in 2007 and had two restaurants, Rhodes 2010 at Le Royal Meridien Beach Resort and Spa, and Rhodes W1 at the Grosvenor. Mr Oliver posted on Instagram: "Sadly Chef Gary Rhodes OBE passed away. What's happened is devastating for his family. Jaideep Bhatia, from of the Grosvenor House Dubai where Rhodes was a chef, said he was working "until the day he died". He was working until Tuesday. For other inquiries Contact Us. Photograph: Photoshot/Getty Images Wed 27 Nov 2019 05.34 … He was known for his love of British cuisine and earned a record five Michelin Stars throughout his career. RIP, my friend. He had been living and working out there recently and was enjoying life. His banana and syrup loaf was the first thing I baked all on my own. George Rhodes uploaded the picture of him with the MasterChef star – famed for his gelled spiky hair – to Instagram with a blue heart emoji caption. 679215 Registered office: 1 London Bridge Street, London, SE1 9GF. In 2008 he appeared on Strictly Come Dancing but was the third celebrity to be voted off.