Plan a funeral, find contact information and more. November 10, 2020 | Johns Island, SC | Acquaintance, November 10, 2020 | North Charleston, SC | Friend, It is never easy for those in mourning to walk this journey, but to do it as a family will strengthen your bond even more. Hold onto each other and the memories you hold deep in your hearts. Remembering you and your loved one today and always. As exemplary as his work with the railroad was, however, he has always been a strong advocate for children and his community. He served as the liaison between MUSC representatives and members of the Union Heights neighborhood, from business executives to school teachers, and senior citizens to the clergy. As per CDC guidelines for COVID-19, please wear a face mask and practice social distancing at the viewing and service. My condolences to the family! St. Andrew's became my new family - my morning motley crew I fondly call them. As per CDC guidelines for COVID-19, please wear a face mask and remain in your cars. Rest In Peace. As the days and weeks pass, and as you return to life's routine, may you continue to feel comforted by the love and support of family and friends. View Recent Obituaries for Henryhand Funeral Home.

Omega Prioleau October 14, 2020 (78 years old) View obituary . Reak .you're going to be missed your job here is done .go now and take your rest .you will forever live in my heart .i love you and miss you starline forever ❤ Debra Davis, November 05, 2020 | Summerville, SC | Friend. His Graveside Service will be held Monday, November 9, 2020, 11:30 a.m., at Old Field Cemetery, off Halter Drive, St. Stephen, SC with Military Honors. May God keep you in his arms. I will always cherish the laughter and the jokes. They were married for forty-four years.Oliver loved eating and barbequing. Gethers Funeral Services Inc

November 09, 2020 | Summerville, SC | Family. After high school, he moved to Connecticut for a time where he worked for McKesson, Stop and Shop.

Oliver would greet me each morning as he arrived with Elizabeth with his "Giant" smile and hugs...he will be truly missed by all but I know God will keep him shining down on us. I find comfort in knowing you are no longer in pain. Oliver, however, desired more for the community than a reduction in violence. Grief can be so hard, but our special memories help us cope. You was the joy and laughter of the Class of 1967. The family thanks you for your prayers and understanding during this difficult time. Viewing will be held Friday, November 6, 2020 from 5:00 to 7:00 p.m. at the funeral home. A Broken ChainIt broke my heart to lose you, but you did not go alone. Oliver was never a stranger to anyone, in any setting. Located in Moncks Corner, we have proudly served Berkeley County and the surrounding Lowcountry area of South Carolina for more than 70 years and are

Uncle Winky you will always be in my heart, prayers the love you had for us is everlasting.

Funeral Home Services for Dr. Oliver are being provided by Gethers Funeral Home - …

You are in my thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. In 2006, Oliver was presented with the honorary degree of Doctor of Humane Letters from the Medical University of South Carolina for his distinguished work in the community and his tireless dedication to improving society for all. Using his tool making skills, he made a stainless steel barbeque grill that is still in good condition and in use. We encourage you to contact the funeral home to verify time and location before attending services or visitation. Gethers Funeral Home The funeral service is an important point of closure for those who have suffered a recent loss, often marking just the beginning of collective mourning.
He was born with the gift of gab and loved a good conversation. A Graveside Service will be held Friday, November 13, 2020, 11:00 a.m., at Old Field Cemetery, Halter Drive, St. Stephen, SC. Funeral Home Services for Oliver are being provided by Gethers Funeral Home - Moncks Corner. God makes no mestakes your fight is over now you can rest in his loving arms.Be encrouge family trust God to bring you through. Many of its patients were at risk for developing diabetes or hypertension. Grief can be so hard, but our special memories help us cope. © Copyright 2018 - 20 Gethers Funeral Home. If tears could build a stairway, and heartaches could make a lane, I would walk my way to heaven a. His light will continue to shine along with his smile. They were the true loves of his life!Oliver and Rhona Jackson met and married in Detroit and married in 1976.

A WALK-THROUGH viewing will be held Sunday, November 8, 2020 from 1:00 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Suburban Funeral Home, 2336 Meeting Street Road, North Charleston, SC. Sending healing prayers and comforting hugs! Located in Moncks Corner, we have proudly served Berkeley County and the surrounding Lowcountry area of South Carolina for more than 70 years and are here to help the families of our community in their time of need by offering them a service of compassion and care. Oliver Ravenell passed away on November 5, 2020 in Moncks Corner, South Carolina.
SIP, November 09, 2020 | The Bronx, NY | Classmate. As per CDC guidelines for COVID-19, please wear a face mask and practice social distancing. I walked into the health club this morning and on my way out I saw the pamplet on Oliver. He attended the public schools of Berkeley County, graduating from Russellville High School in 1967. Gethers Funeral Home Our family is deeply saddened to announce the passing of Mr. Oliver James Ravenell of Detroit, MI, formerly of St. Stephen, SC.Oliver James Ravenell was the eighth child born to Rennie and Elizabeth Addison Ravenell in St. Stephen, South Carolina on February 3, 1949. We were Classmate's. Gethers Funeral Home Travis Tyrone "TJ" Droze, Jr. ( August 20, 1990 - October 28, 2020 ) Travis Tyrone Droze, Jr., affectionately known as “TJ”, was born in North Charleston, SC on August 20, 1990 to Travis T. Droze, Sr. and Shelia Doiley Droze. A part of me went with you, when God called you home. Located in Moncks Corner, we have proudly served Berkeley County and the surrounding Lowcountry area of South Carolina for more than 70 years and are here to help the families of our community in their time of need by offering them a service of compassion and care. Your Family shares your pain. We will love you and miss you always. I love you so much. He relocated to Detroit, MI where he worked in skilled trades as a tool and die maker until his retirement from American Axle in 2007. November 04, 2020 | Charlotte, NC | Acquaintance, November 04, 2020 | Greensboro, NC | Friend. We encourage you to contact the funeral home to verify time and location before attending services or visitation. There will be no viewing on Monday at the service. He leaves to cherish his memory: his wife, Elizabeth; children, Nyocka Addison (Dennis Nicholson), Hiawatha Addison Armstead (Royland), Jacqueline Addison Lightbourne (Derrick), and Nakia Addison (Dr. Karine Nunes); grandchildren, Demetrius, Aisha, Royland, Easton and Mia Addison; siblings, Mattie A. Gethers and Beaufort Addison (Margaret); sisters-in-law and brothers-in-law; and a host of nieces, nephews, godchildren and other family members and friends. A staunch believer in education being the path to open doors for a bright future, Oliver continued to dedicate his time and resources to improving the lives of children and the community through his leadership roles with various organizations to include: President of the Charleston AARP, Chairman of the Community on Better Racial Assurance (COBRA) Board, member of the Charleston Democratic Party, Board member of the Military Magnet Academy, and other community programs. The way he cooked and seasoned his ribs has been imitated by many. Rosa L. Poinsette October 25, 2020 (79 years old) View obituary. A Man of True character, Wisdom and dedication to Family, in your passing Our Family looses the last Patriarch of The Ravenell Family, But we are not Worried because as “Gran-Daddy” did for his children you was able to do for your Son’s, niece’s and nephew’’s You Pass on a legacy that most Men will never expirence, a legacy that we will pass on, Thank You For The things you said to me in life as well as the things you... November 08, 2020 | New Rochelle, NY | Family. His cellphone was never too far away.

He transitioned from time to eternity on Wednesday evening , October 28, 2020 at his residence in Goose Creek, SC. To send flowers to Gethers Funeral Services Inc please visit our Gethers Funeral Home, Inc. is a family owned and operated funeral home. Wishing you comfort and our prayer are with you. He was a lover of all good food. Gethers Funeral Home, Inc. is a family owned and operated funeral home. Bernice Gethers Obituary. Our locations are handicapped accessible. Gethers Funeral Home 200 Grace Street Moncks Corner, SC 29461 p: 843-761-8519 f: 843-761-1860 After relocating to Charleston, he became a member of Calvary African Methodist Episcopal Church where he was a dedicated member. We are here to help you plan a celebration of your loved one that reflects their and your family's wishes. Although Oliver loved his community, nothing rivaled his love for his family. He spent many hours talking with family and friends.