I did use green chilies in my diced tomatoes to more suit his taste buds ..Loved it ..its a keeper. In skillet over medium high heat add your sausage, onion, garlic and seasonings and saute until browned. So happy you enjoyed it! You can also pan fry gnocchi and serve it like you would some fried potatoes. Cook gnocchi according to package directions. Thanks so much in advance for replying and for sharing your recipe! https://www.readyseteat.com/recipes-Spicy-Sausage-Gnocchi-with-Creamy-Tomato-Sauce-9173. This meal turned out AWESOME! Fire roasted, regular, tomato, basil and garlic, the sky is the limit on the flavors. Step up your kitchen skills and get exciting new recipes delivered to your inbox! It is creamy, meaty, rich and flavorful. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. We like it pretty much any which way we can get it! Reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Congrats! This is my favorite new recipe! Great recipe, really tasty and the whole family enjoyed, will be making this again! Just made it with the following adjustments: 1/2 lb italian sausage, 1 tsp italian seasoning, no salt, no garlic powder, 1/2 c heavy cream, 1/2 c chicken broth, 3/4 c. mozzarella cheese. Thanks! We had no leftovers at all:). Will be making it again soon for a work potluck. It still turned out great! While you’ll be stirring in homemade marinara sauce to this recipe, adding broth and allowing it to reduce down results in a super creamy gnocchi coating that definitely adds to this recipe. by Tornadough Alli January 10, 2018 Updated March 28, 2019 33 Comments. Stir in tomato sauce, undrained tomatoes, water, Italian seasoning, brown sugar and pepper. Required fields are marked *. Very flavorful, I like the mild spice it has to it. Thanks for the recipe, will definitely be making this again!! Want a quick hearty mean this One Pot Creamy Sausage Gnocchi is the perfect weeknight burst of flavor recipe that you're looking for! So happy you guys liked it! We usually have enough liquid leftover that it is super creamy. It is creamy, This is one of our go to meals. Gnocchi with creamy cheese sauce recipe. Absolute winner. I only used 1/2 cup of heavy cream just to save some calories. Feel free to use any variety of Italian sausage. Thank you so much! Great recipe. You can boil it and serve it with a variety of sauces cream, tomato based, butter based, etc. Ingredients 4 servings. because I had an abundance, I used about 2/3 cup of cherry tomatoes halved, adding them with the spinach. So happy you were able to adapt it to your liking and that you enjoyed it! Add mushrooms and onion; cook until soft, about 4 minutes. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. Step two. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. We have 2 small kids and not a lot of time to prep/cook. and more liquid! There are literally a million different ways you can serve gnocchi. While may eat it as a pasta, it is actually a potato dumpling that can be served many ways! Method. I accidentally grabbed a can of diced tomatoes flavored with green chilies and it gave the dish a neat little kick . In this recipe we started with some mild Italian sausage that is browned with some onions, tomatoes, spinach, cream, gnocchi and cheese and it all comes together in one pan, under 30 minutes and is crazy good. Add sausage and cook until browned and crumbled, about 5 minutes. Hmm, not sure what went wrong because ours has never been heavy nor gluey. You saved Creamy Gnocchi and Sausage Skillet to your. Want to add some pepper? Time: 1 hour 15 mins + rest. Amount is based on available nutrient data. That’s so awesome to hear, I love that you like this so much!! Cook until sauce has thickened and cheese has melted, about 1 minute. Please enter your email address and click submit.You will be sent an email with a re-set password link within a few minutes. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Stir in half of the cheese. Go for it! Gnocchi with sausage tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella is just a big mess of absolutely delicious. this was tasty, but heavy & gluey! Delicious one pot meal. Easily adaptable too. Gnocchi, Italian sausage, portobello mushrooms, and spinach come together in a rich and creamy sauce in this easy, one-skillet meal. We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. I made this tonight and it was excellent. I’m making it for dinner tonight. My kids and husband adore gnocchi and it is one of the recipes that we keep making over and over again with no complaints! Remove from heat. Gnocchi is known as “Italy’s Italian Dumpling”. gnocchi with sausage tomato sauce and fresh mozzarella. It’ll take a few extra minutes, but it’s worth it. Although I did add extra cream and spinach! 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt’s® Petite Diced Tomatoes with Garlic and Extra Virgin Olive Oil, undrained, 2 teaspoons firmly packed light brown sugar. Replying to this comment, as I added frozen gnocchi and had came out just fine! Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. 6 Tasty Ways to Stuff(ing) Yourself This Thanksgiving, Thanksgiving Tips and Hacks to Make Hosting a Breeze. We absolutely love this dish and cannot get enough of it! I’ve made it twice already, and the only thing I’ve done differently is used mini gnocchi. Add sausage and cook for 5 minutes. I’ve never actually bought frozen gnocchi, but there shouldn’t be any issue adding it to the pan I wouldn’t think as it cooks fairly quick, otherwise maybe defrost according to directions on packaging, Made this tonight and it was soooo good and super quick to make. Course Main. It was yummy and plenty rich. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption.