Now I'm hooked. If that doesn't work, email us at otrnet@gmail.com and we can help. Chandu the Magician Audio Preview ... Just a note of thanks to those who are uploading the Old Time Radio Shows. Culver often read commercials with Pandit's organ music in the background.

MattyBRaps is in a class all of his own. Music fill for local commercial insert. 2 Take your favorite fandoms with you and never miss a beat. So nostalgic for him. Click here to read more about Chandu The Magician, chandu (185) chandu & betty visit dorothy. golden age of radio. Music was first furnished by Felix Mills and then Raymond Paige. The series was sponsored by White King Soapin the West and by Beech Nut Gum in the East. The broadcast which is regularly heard over KFQD, can be seen at the Empress Theater for this premier production.

Tom Collins played Chandu in the 48 version and also played the lead in the radio program, Frank Race. Who is the mysterious E... +Program #150.

Chandu uses his mystic ... + Program #185. Romantic interludes for Chandu were introduced with Egyptian Princess Nadji (Veola Vonn). 12

ARossi His real name is Matthew Morris. I recently googled it and found that entire serial was first presented in the 30s and was so popular that a movie serial was presented with Bela Lagose playing the evil villain Roxor. I remember hearing this on live radio when I was a kid. Email  * Your email address will not be published.

With the gypsies in Mou... +Program #137. You are using an outdated browser that will prevent you from accessing and enjoying old time radio. ... or click here to save the Mp3 file to your computer. The series was created by Harry A. Earnshaw (1878–1953) and Raymond R. Morgan. Nationally, it aired over Mutual starting October 8, 1932. A secret parchment and... +Program #152. Music fill for local commercial insert. I have the missing "48-08-24 Letter Arrives" which another reviewer noticed was a duplicate of the previous episode making this one missing. Free sample downloads! Earnshaw syndication. The original series was transmitted live, and as a result, some episodes are lost, especially the earlier ones.

not convinced In ictu oculi 08:23, 2 January 2019 (UTC) Entertaining and fun. Some of those old time ad readers delivered their lines with such earnestness that you really could almost believe that your choice of soap would be the difference between a life of health and ease or a life of misery. Both the original and the revived versions of Chandu the Magician were sponsored by White King soap. Evil doers and nogoodniks, beware! Series CHANDU, THE MAGICIAN: Frank Chandler is an American secret agent who, after years of study with a Hindu yogi, learns to fight the forces of evil with mystical powers. He was born on January 7, 2003, and lives with his parents and siblings in Cobb County, Marietta, Georgia. Play a sample episode from December 08, 1948: I am currently listening to the radio serial Chandu the Magician. Instructions: Click on an episode and select "open" if prompted. Chandu, the Magician Instructions: Click on an episode and select "open" if prompted.

In 1935, the production moved to WGN Chicago with a new cast, including Howard Hoffman in the title role and Cornelia Osgood as Dorothy. Old-Time Radio programs from all of the most popular series. Lost Media Archive is a FANDOM TV Community. It was on a reel I have made in 1971. Bela Lugosi, Ernest C Warde (film versions) His sister Dorothy Regent was played by Irene Tedrow who appeared in many TV programs in the 50s and 60s. The broadcast which is regularly heard over KFQD, can be seen at the Empress Theater for this premier production. Please use modern, free, secure browser such as FIREFOX or CHROME to fully enjoy the website. Chandu the Magician A Viennese waiter in Pa... +Program #158. or Radio (Listen Now) User Comments.

Earnshaw syndication. Welcome to OTRCAT.com: Old Time Radio Catalog.

Although he DID play Chandu once upon a time these are all recordingf from the later series (which virtually recreated all the earlier shows) with Tom Collins (of "I Love Adventure" fame (he plays Reggie York on that series) as Frank Chandler (aka Chandu). I was entranced by it and followed it religiously. Earnshaw syndication.

is on the alert to thwart your nefarious schemes! Copyright 2007-2020 Old Time Radio Downloads; Reproduction of text strictly prohibited. Music fill for local commercial insert. CHANDU, THE MAGICIAN Old-Time Radio Series.

Chandu the Magician was an American radio drama that was heard on several different networks and aired in two distinctly different series, one in the 1930s and a revival 12 years later in the 1940s and 1950s. Juvenile adventure (1932 - 1935, 1949 - 1950), Frank Chandler, American born mystic, conquered the art of magic through his learnings with Indian yogi. On the other hand, Tom Collins played the role of Chandu in the revival of the series. Fire in the castle...an... +Program #156. Frank Chandler goes to ... +Program #138. is on the alert to thwart your nefarious schemes! JavaScript must be enable to properly use this website! https://en.Wikipedia.org/wiki/Chandu_the_Magician, Bela Lugosi, Ernest C Warde (film versions). Earnshaw syndication. 1 MP3 CD Music fill for local commercial insert. Gayne Whitman played the lead role of American-born Frank Chandler, who had learned occult secrets from a yogi in India. Chandu the Magician. Radio fans who have been enjoying the Chandu the Magician broadcasts, which have been sponsored by the National Grocery and Reliance Coffee, will be happy to know that the program has been made into a talking picture.

* Your email address will not be published. The only complete run of episodes is ftom the rebooted series. ARossi or Bert Szoghy? I'm listening to it with my kids at the moment. Music fill for local commercial insert. Thank you for visiting the OTR.Network. The white king soap sponser is fun to listen to. Starting from being a 15-minute weekly serial, it became a half hour show.

The last broadcast was September 6, 1950. It was rebooted in 1949, and the new series ran till 1951. Chandu, The Magician, Old Time Radio The Classic Archives Old Time Radio Channel; 169 videos; 2,512 views; Last updated on May 2, 2018 The original series was transmitted live, and as a result, some episodes are lost, especially the earlier ones.

The show was first heard in the 1930s, and was revived in 1948. (total playtime 43 hours, 26 min) The show was first heard in the 1930s, and was revived in 1948.

… The serial continuity was dropped February 2, 1949 in favor of 30-minute episodes, each with a self-contained storyline, continuing in that format until April 28, 1949. It has been a real treat for me to be able to download these for my Grandpa to listen to. In 1932, Walter Winchell noted, "One of the smaller radio chains has a feature called Chandu, which is Hindu-Chinese for an opium preparation. 1951 3 Renaming himself Chandu and crystal balling around, Chandu the Magician delighted audiences for a number of years.

"There are reasons that White King is the best, but aren't you tired of hearing reasons all day long?". According to Veola Vonn, the program was broadcast from the KHJ building on Melrose Avenue; the KHJ building is still standing, although the KHJ studios are long gone. Nationally, it aired over Mutual starting October 8, 1932. Music fill for local commercial insert. You have reached the maximum number of votes for a unregistered user.Please login or create a new account to continue... You have reached the maximum number to down votes in this page. Advanced embedding details, examples, and help, http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=11:djfyxqegldae~T1, 48-10-29_IN_THE_CAVERNS_OF_THE_CASTLE.MP3, 48-11-16_UP_THE_MOUNTAIN_OF_THE_SCIMIT.MP3, Terms of Service (last updated 12/31/2014). Chandu the Magician was an American radio drama that was heard on several different networks and aired in two distinctly different series, one in the 1930s and a revival 12 years later in the 1940s and 1950s.

Launched in 1931 on KHJ in Los Angeles, the series was soon heard through the West Coast when broadcast on the Don Lee Network. Earnshaw syndication. Radio series Broadcast during the Depression and again in 1949, Chandu The Magician combines the best of crime fighting and Eastern Mysticism.

Her children, Bob and Betty, were played by Olan Soule and Audrey McGrath.

One of the longest running radio adventure serials. NOTE: This site may not work well with older web browsers.

Please tell your friends about us. Netoholic @ 00:03, 2 January 2019 (UTC) . None It has been a real treat for me to be able to download these for my Grandpa to listen to. Partially lost. Text on OTRCAT.com ©2001-2020 OTRCAT INC All Rights Reserved. He was an American born boy who renamed himself Chandu after finding out occult secrets from an Indian yogi.

It convinced me magic is real. Music fill for local commercial insert. Music fill for local commercial insert. Directed by William Cameron Menzies, Marcel Varnel. When Frank Chandler returns from the Orient, he's become a master of its mystic arts and beas the mystic name of Chandu. If it doesn't or if you receive an error message, download the free RealPlayer software and then come back here and try again. on November 8, 2006, Starring Gayne Whiteman, Margaret MacDonald, Bob Bixby and Betty Webb. Only JPG, GIF and PNG file types are allowed.

Earnshaw syndication. I also agree the Gee whiz dialog of the kids is pretty corny but it is a really good serial that you could almost believe that it is aimed at adults. Earnshaw syndication.

"CHANNNNNDOOOOOOO … the Magician!" On February 26, 1934, the "Looking Back" column in the Fairbanks Daily News-Miner, noted: Radio fans who have been enjoying the Chandu the Magician broadcasts, which have been sponsored by the National Grocery and Reliance Coffee, will be happy to know that the program has been made into a talking picture. When Chandu made a comeback in the late 40s and early 50s, Cyril Armbrister (known for his work on Land of the Lost and Terry and the Pirates was invited to direct. It was then heard, starting in February 1932, over WOR in the East. Music fill for local commercial insert.