These are the ingredients you’ll need to make this recipe. Here is our disclosure policy.Updated: September 4, 2020 / First Posted: September 4, 2020 Amy Palanjian 5 Comments, You can make a batch of these No-Bake Granola Bars in less then 30 minutes—and have a yummy snack filled with whole grains and protein ready for the coming week. Any dried fruit is also a great addition. These are delicious! Famous homemade granola bars! They do soften a bit at room temperature. Let sit at room temperature before cutting. No-bake granola bars. If you do that they will stay chewy forever--just store them in a ziploc bag. ($4.29 for five bars). Easy Oatmeal Bars with Blueberry and Carrot. Look it up. I try my best to use regular pantry ingredients in my recipes, but this is one case when using brown rice syrup really adds a deliciously chewy texture and helps the ingredients hold together nicely. In the future, I guess I'll add apple sauce and make them more chewy depending on the mood of my kids that day, (my husband prefers the crunchy). I still love them to this day and probably have one every other day. Place onto a cutting board and slice into squares. Required fields are marked *, Rate this recipe It will be sticky, so be patient if it sticks to your hands at all! it is amazing one taste like a cookie the other taste like a granola bar. In a large saucepan over medium heat, combine butter, brown sugar and Karo syrup. Store at room temperature or freeze. The kids and hubby devoured them and immediately requested more. I like to make a double batch so I can have some in the freezer. Remove from heat and stir in Rice Krispies cereal and granola until well combined. They are only 140 calories each, and their salty-sweet taste is a major kid-pleaser. ★☆. Shutterstock. Add more honey if needed to hold shape and salt and cinnamon, to … Honestly, my husband loves them so much that he takes half of every batch I make to his office, which is a nice review! Anxiously awaiting your baby’s arrival? NOTE: Do not over cook this mixture! Thaw in the fridge or at room temperature. That’s good, but it won’t help your kids poop.-Sometimes ingredient lists are needlessly long. thank you so much for such a versitile recipe. MY husband and I love these...my 3 and 5 year old prefer dried blueberries in theirs. Tip: If your butter isn’t softened, use a rolling pin and roll it between two sheets of wax paper, or mash it with your hands while in the wrapper. (You’ll use that to lift the bars out of the pan when you’re ready to slice them. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Just have fun! Bake at 325 degrees F for 15-22 minutes until just golden brown on the edges. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Serve or wrap and store for later. Most times it comes out like a granola bar, sometimes like a cookie bar, but it's always good. Designs include cornucopias, corn stalks, and turkeys! Reduce heat to low-medium and simmer until all of the sugar is dissolved, about 2 minutes. I prefer to wrap each bar in plastic wrap —this is the best way to keep them from sticking and it’s then easy to serve them up for snacks or with lunches. The best recipes & projects to do with the kids! They're also low in sugar with only 4 grams per bar. TIP: You can use additional cereal in place of the coconut if desired. For Stickier, Chewier Granola Bars: Melt the butter, honey, and vanilla in a saucepan and cook on low for 5 minutes after the butter melts, then mix the liquid ingredients into the dry. Cool completely and cut apart, then spread individually on a baking sheet or stone and toast again for ~10-13 minutes in a preheated 325F oven. Homemade Granola Bars (Makes 12) Preheat oven to 325 degrees, and position a rack in the center of your oven. Here are the bars that rose to the top. They're no-bake and take only 10 minutes to make. and i added 1 tbs vanilla. Is there a substitute for the brown rice syrup like honey or maple syrup? Top 5 Mom Friend Problems—And How to Fix Them, Your Chances of Getting Pregnant Every Day of the Month, Signs of Approaching Labor: How to Tell Your Baby is Coming Soon, These Are the Most Popular Baby Names of 2020, How to Deal With Bullies: A Guide for Parents, 17 Budget-Friendly Kids’ Birthday Party Ideas, All About Coronavirus COVID-19: A Concerned Parent's Guide, 15 Free Printable Thanksgiving Coloring Pages. Amount is based on available nutrient data. The 2nd time I added 1/2 cup of apple sauce to the mix . ($4.99 for five bars), We love the Dark Chocolate Pomegranate flavor of these organic bars. Stir together ingredients. To make them chewy still use a 9x13 pan but don't spread the mixture into the entire pan- leave about an inch and a half empty space on one end. They're no-bake and take only 10 minutes to make. Store in an air tight container, separated with wax paper. I figure it might be the equivalent of 3 boxes of Quaker chewy granola bars, so even though butter and honey are on the pricey side, this still works out to be nicely frugal and so much healthier.