Your Password / SecureCode will never be shared with the merchant. Set up a one-time request by clicking on the "Request e-statements/e-Advice" option in the Main Menu. If an incorrect VBV / SecureCode code is entered, the purchase will not be completed. MasterCard SecureCode: Once you've registered and created your own private SecureCode, you will be automatically prompted by your financial institution at checkout to provide your SecureCode each time you make a purchase with a participating online merchant. You will receive a new credit card 30 days prior to the expiry of your existing credit card. A private code means added protection against unauthorized use of your card when you shop at participating online retailers. No. Your new password /securecode should contain six to eight letters and / or numbers (with no spaces or symbols in between), and must be different from your User ID and your old password. However, should you wish to view your statement, you can log in to Personal Internet Banking and request for same or request for same via any HSBC ATM or Call us on the number provided at the back of your credit card and request for same. You can use your HSBC credit card at any payment point which accepts Visa / Mastercard credit cards as a payment mode, The number following your 16 digit credit card number at the reverse of your credit card. Please call our 24 call centre on the number provided on the reverse of your credit card and submit a request for same. You need to install Microsoft Internet Explorer version 4.0 or above, Netscape Navigator 4.0 or above. You can shop at any online store that has the Verified by Visa / MasterCard SecureCode symbols.

MasterCard SecureCode is a service to enhance your existing MasterCard account. How can I stop a recurring credit card transaction? To set up the PIN for the new Security Device, please follow the steps below for the first time: 1. We offer these services for all personal HSBC Visa and MasterCard. Where can I access my HSBC credit card Statements? Which shops offer HSBC's secure online payment services? I can't remember my PIN, what should I do? Yes. How will the online store know that I am a user of HSBC's secure online payment services? Your SecureCode is quickly confirmed by your financial institution and then your purchase is completed. Box 73, Colombo 1). You can also submit a request via Personal Internet Banking (contact centre) or by calling the number given at the reverse of your credit card. If you have not registered HSBC Verified by Visa / MasterCard SecureCode service, any online purchases from Verified by Visa / MasterCard SecureCode merchants with your HSBC Visa card will be declined because we cannot authenticate your card's identity.

The following documents are required when applying for any HSBC credit card: Further, documentation may be required depending on the basis which you are applying, Yes. Verified by Visa usually works behind the scenes when you're shopping online, using advanced technology to confirm your identity. Holding a Visa Credit Card is just as beneficial to you. You can register your existing personal credit card.

When you pay online, always look for this Personal Assurance Message / Personal Greeting to ensure that you're using the Verified by Visa service with your card issuing bank. You’ll be given your Activation Code, which you’ll … I have a Deposit Under Lien (DUL) attached to my HSBC credit card.