you should have each day depends on your gender, weight, and type of lifestyle you lead (such as office-worker-sedentary or outdoorsy-active). Personally, I use 1.5 ounces of protein powder and 3.5 ounces of cereal, because I want the extra protein and because I often need a slightly bigger breakfast. Plus, it tastes great for breakfast. At home, premix the cereal (with optional fixings) and the protein powder (or powdered milk) in a sandwich-sized storage bag. For more variety in your cereal, add crushed walnuts, almond pieces, freeze-dried berries, raisins, Craisins or similar. If you love quick and simple recipes like this and are ready to turn your weight loss journey, into a sustainable lifestyle, you need to join our team at TeamLiveLean.com. Well, we are biased, but we've got a good reason for being so. Small enough butter powder ups the Cal/oz and doesn’t hurt the taste.

It's important to note that these figures are based on a generic protein powder. We normally reserve it for the last morning of the trip or for summit days. , such as hard boiled eggs or grilled salmon. Protein Powder It's not just for smoothies—this ingredient mixes into oatmeal well, too. You are currently viewing the message boards in: I want to add more protein to breakfast. If you have left over milk, chug it. There are several types of oats, including quick-cooking, steel-cut, old fashioned rolled oats and instant. At 13 g of protein its one of the better ones. This protein cereal recipe is super quick and can be eaten at any time during the day. Olive oil may seem a strange addition to a granola recipe, but it adds a … You’ll get access to over 200 cooking video recipes like this, weekly meal plans and grocery lists, as well as a new 4 week workout program, every month. Plus the higher cal/oz ratios lower food wt hauled and overall wide nutritional profile can equate with lowering trail food costs in the long run. I use nonfat milk in my cereal, but I need more protein than that. On those days when plain oats and whey for breakfast doesn't sound very appetizing, consider adding fruit or nuts to the recipe. Difficulty: Easy. Powered by Shopify. Small amounts go a long way. Oatmeal with protein powder is an excellent way to get a healthy dose of fiber along with a good amount of protein. She holds a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Exercise Science and a Master's Degree in Counseling. Stir protein powder into oatmeal or other hot cereals as another way to cook with it 2. 2020 Always looking for ways to get enough protein, even when I’m not hiking.

Adding ½ a cup of Greek yoghurt to your cereal not only makes it a whole lot more delicious, but it also add up to an additional 8-9g of protein. I like the texture of the hot cereal mixed with the dry before the dry gets too mushy.