Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. As an alternative option, the second party can cash the check and pay the third party directly. When faced with any type of question regarding banking issues, it is best to visit with the bank’s customer services representative. Information in the deposit form will be verified before the processing begins. Later on, sign the check under the printed name but make sure you leave them enough space for another person to sign the check after you. Thereafter, you should find the grey lines on the back of the check that typically appears on the top of the check, here you have to sign your name on one of the among grey lines, then just cash or deposit the check immediately but make sure once you signed the check you should cash the check right away. Once endorsed, they are negotiable at the bank. Can I Cash Out My Life Insurance Policy? It will ensure that the check’s funds will only deposit in your bank account in your name. 2. You can save your time and deposit even at odd hours. Who is supposed to make all the approvals? The easiest and clear way to endorse a cheque to a third party is to make the cheque payable to a single person. Most banks will only accept third-party checks for deposit only, pending the receipt of funds from the check. For this, you have to write “pay to the order of” and the name of the third-party or person at the back of the cheque before placing your signature. : "http://www. Once this endorsement exists on the back of the check, it is considered to be a third-party check. It is, therefore, crucial to learn how to endorse a check. There are instances where the amount of money written by the payer is more than his/her bank balance, therefore the check bounces.