With a master's degree in art history from the University of Missouri-Columbia, Michelle Powell-Smith has been writing professionally for more than a decade. Make fingerprint powder for your spy kit. Thank you so much, this article helped me and my partner a, "The issue of equipment helped me the most in this article!". Spy Kids 4D. Some detectives like to fill the first few pages of their notebook with random stuff, like drawings or math problems, and then start their detective notes in the middle. Store your spy kit neatly inside a pencil box when you’re done, and it will be ready for you at a moment’s notice for on-the-go top secret missions! // Leaf Group Lifestyle, How to Make a Simple Homemade Kaleidoscope. Professional spies suggest a grocery list. Super easy, but it lets the kids get the paint out! A tape measure will help you measure the length of hairs or footprints you find. You’ll need flour or baby powder to dust for prints. These mini black box designs are easily hidden in plain sight, or you can place them inside an object already in your home, like a tissue box or a plant. If you’re an artist, try a paintbrush. Learn how to set up your bag, assemble disguises, and build the perfect crime-fighting kit. Take a second saucer and apply a flame using a long-handled candle lighter or candle. Use the spy gear to solve a secret mystery, or just for fun. By using our site, you agree to our. A magnifying glass can help you see even the tiniest evidence, like dust or dirt. 3 Ways to Help Your Child Find Their Passion, Printable Kung Fu Panda Inspirational Quote, Parenting Tuesday - The Simple things - Two Miracles. If you don’t have a magnifying glass, don’t worry--you can still be a detective without it. Get your kids to use their imagination by making them a spy kit. Spy School. Keep some chalk on hand to outline evidence you find. How can I make people trust me as a detective? The second type of DIY spy cameras is our popular black box cameras. If you really can’t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. « The Berenstain Bears’ Please & Thank You Book. This article was co-authored by our trained team of editors and researchers who validated it for accuracy and comprehensiveness. This homemade spy gadget will require adult assistance. For your spy inspiration, check out the spy movies and shows on Netflix: Agent F.O.X. Could I use the blue hospital gloves instead of cleaning gloves? Pour a small amount of cornstarch into a porcelain or stoneware saucer. Spy Kids 2. Use a permanent marker to color in the lenses of your spy goggles. What size bag do you need? Learn how to set up your bag, assemble disguises, and build the perfect crime-fighting kit. There are 11 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. To create secret messages, modify your printer to use invisible ink . Spy kits are simple to put together, and if you use items from around your home will cost you nothing.