God wants us to seek his face because he wants to be known by us. Is that even possible? Think, how do we begin the process of seeking God’s face? Christian Truth. And if I actually do experience the presence of God, how will that experience change my life? When we seek and see God’s face, and when we realize who He is, that is when we can really see who we are.

There are times when only face-to-face interaction can meet the need for a clear understanding between two people. When God asks us to seek His face, He is making a call for us to enter into His thoughts and see what He is thinking, to see what He is doing, how he feels about something, to see the love that He has for us, to look at the pain that our sin causes Him, etc.

– Even though you may be a follower of Jesus Christ, you are still living in a fleshly body and its tendency is toward sin. Let your face shine, that we may be saved!

And the LORD answered…. This is found through seeking the “face of God.”. and there’s nothing wrong with that.

For example, let’s look at Matthew 5:21-22: Outward:  “You have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not murder, and whoever murders will be in danger of the judgment. What Does it Mean to Be a God-Fearing Christian?

I mean if you want to know what a person thinks and feels, don’t you find out by looking them in the face and listening to their voice and what they are saying? Asking for God’s hand is to simply ask Him to supply something for us.

All sin is rooted in pride.

'”

It is about living a life on purpose that brings glory to God because His glory is being poured out upon us. Inward:  “But I say to you that whoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment.”. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you” (Matthew 6:31-33). How can I seek the Lord? As a thank-you, we'll send you our latest book titled Leaving Laodicea, How to Find the Wisdom You Need to Survive the Days Ahead. One uses the word face, while other doesn’t. Then if my people who are called by my name will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sins and restore their land. That has been promised by God.

Journal Without Judging. For me, the path to seeing God’s face is spending quiet time studying and meditating on His Word.

Those who seek the face of God will not be disappointed. Are your values in line with what God has said?

Christianity.com is a member of the Salem Web Network of sites including: Copyright © 2020, Christianity.com. Spend time in the Bible. For me, the path to seeing God’s face is spending quiet time studying and meditating on His Word.

We have needs and God desires to provide for us. There have been very few individuals who have successfully lived a life of faith without the support of the community of other followers of Jesus Christ. It is the same way with seeking God's face. To download the slides to this message, click – HERE, America’s Civil Wars – Then and Now (function(d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName(s)[0]; if (d.getElementById(id)) return; js = d.createElement(s); js.id = id; js.src = "//forms.aweber.com/form/39/1303753939.js"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore(js, fjs); }(document, "script", "aweber-wjs-hlksfa151"));

Here are a few other helpful tips: 3a. Most of the prayer times in church that I have witnessed (or worse, have personally led) have never moved past asking for God’s hand. It’s the same distinction we find in the Sermon on the Mount.

That is, a person seeks God because the Holy Spirit is drawing them to God (John 6:44). 472: Have You Experienced Regeneration or Conversion? And wow, was I blessed!

Every human has a desire to be known and to be loved. Restore us, O Lord God of hosts! Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always (Psalm 105:4). As I said, there is nothing wrong with this, but there is a deeper relationship God desires to have with us. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. Is it something I should be doing? “So I say to you: Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you” (Luke 11:9). This is how I seek the face of God.

his face" in the fulness of its glory, and forever. To seek God’s face is to seek a deeper relationship with him. By this, I get to know God. Or who may stand in His holy place? 469: What’s the Point of the Lord’s Supper. – We live in a noisy world. The reason God instructs us to seek him is because he wants to be found. It usually goes on for about ten minutes before finally the leader says, “let’s pray.”. – Psalms 80:19 ESV.