Diary entry on August 01, 1945. "My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country." “Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States: John F. Kennedy, 1962”, p.163, Best Books on, Kennedy, John F. (1963).

And our duty as a Party is not to our Party alone, but to the nation, and, indeed, to all mankind. If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich. I see of little more importance to the future of our country and our civilization than the full recognition of the place of the artist. Kennedy, John F. (1963). My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man.

I think we owe them and we owe ourselves a better country than that. September 30, 1962. I see little of more importance to the future of our country and our civilization than full recognition of the place of the artist. Most of us are conditioned for many years to have a political viewpoint - Republican or Democratic, liberal, conservative, or moderate. Some men are killed in a war and some men are wounded and some men never leave the country. There is always inequity in life. John F Kennedy was the youngest man to be elected as the President of the United States of America. As a great democratic society, we have a special responsibility to the arts. 1962. We ask, therefore, that we may be worthy of our power and responsibility, that we may exercise our strength with wisdom and restraint, and that we may achieve in our time and for all time the ancient vision of peace on earth, good will toward men.

I look forward to a great future for America, a future in which our country will match its military strength with our moral restraint, its wealth with our wisdom, its power with our purpose. Even today, there is little value in insuring the survival of our nation if our traditions do not survive with it. Let us not seek to fix the blame for the past. This country cannot afford to be materially rich and spiritually poor. I am not going to promise a Cabinet post or any other post to any race or ethnic group. Source.

If this country should ever reach the point where any man or group of men by force or threat of force could long defy the commands of our court and our Constitution, then no law would stand free from doubt, no judge would be sure of his writ, and no citizen would be safe from his neighbors. The rights of every man are diminished when the rights of one man are threatened. “Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States: John F. Kennedy, 1962”, p.703, Best Books on, Kennedy, John F. (1963). He had boundless ambition for his country which rendered him a menace to the peace of the world, but he had a mystery about him in the way that he lived and in the manner of his death that will live and grow after him. After visiting these places, you can easily understand how that within a few years Hitler will emerge from the hatred that surrounds him now as one of the most significant figures who ever lived.

We cannot say to ten percent of the population that you can't have that right; that your children cannot have the chance to develop whatever talents they have; that the only way that they are going to get their rights is to go in the street and demonstrate. Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty. ... there is always inequity in life.

Without debate, without criticism no administration and no country can succeed and no republic can survive. Our task is not to fix blame for the past, but to fix the course for the future. We, the people, are the boss, and we will get the kind of political leadership, be it good or bad, that we demand and deserve.

Follow AzQuotes on Facebook, Twitter and Google+. John F. Kennedy. The fact of the matter is that most of the problems that we now face are technical problems, are administrative problems. In giving rights to others which belong to them, we give rights to ourselves and to our country.

My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for your country. And this generation does not intend to founder in the backwash of the coming age of space.

Every day we present the best quotes! John F. Kennedy. - John F. Kennedy

“Public Papers of the Presidents of the United States: John F. Kennedy, 1963”, p.13, Best Books on, Kennedy, John F. (1964).

Because. I also want to take cognizance of the fact that this flight was made out in the open with all the possibilities of failure, which would have been damaging to our country's prestige. Let us accept our own responsibility for the future. Campaign speech, Wittenberg College, Springfield, Ohio, October 17, 1960. John F. Kennedy — ‘Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.’ In too few nations, I might add, are the people aware of the progressive strides this country has taken in demonstrating the humanitarian side of freedom.

Too often we... enjoy the comfort of opinion without the discomfort of thought. "Remarks at Los Banos, CA at the Groundbreaking Ceremonies for the San Luis Dam".