He didn’t invent all the wars that we are currently fighting in. I’m not just satirizing the government. Judah Friedlander, Actor: Feast. and ? Why would you do a special and interrupt the show? It still is the most relaxing thing I do, but that doesn’t mean it’s not intense. I try to always do things not like anyone else. I don’t even know what that word means, “special.” I think it just means it’s a longer stand-up set, but I don’t know what the word means, really. Despite Trump, the bigger issues that interest you, and the amount of work that evidently went into making this special, does that still hold true? Some of it might actually be from two or three years ago. I think it’s what I’m best at, doing stand-up. Pretty much everything I do is not the normal way of doing things, so that’s why I filmed the special this way. It took me about a year or so, filming tons of sets along the way, to figure out how what I wanted the special to look like and how I could make it look that way, but without interrupting the show. No interviews. [Laughs.] This is basically a raw stand-up performance film. I view being a comedian as being an outsider. Below, the 48-year-old comic chats with us about the reasoning behind the new hour’s title (and theme), as well as the methods he employed while shooting it over the course of several years. I’m an outsider who looks at things and gives my perspective.

A lot of the time, when they film these specials, they take out three rows of the audience for the camera equipment. As for Trump making this job easy, here’s the thing. I didn’t want to keep you much longer, but I wanted to follow up on something you said in a previous interview. I don’t like going for the easy joke. I don’t like the big crane shots. (He even scored a cameo role as a “Bar Patron” in Star Wars: The Force Awakens. That’s it.

Some of it might actually be from two or three years ago. One of the reasons we do certain things the way we do is because we’re simply used to doing it that way. I just don’t like it. It can be very formulaic. Many specials will film two or four shows, and then edit it all together like it’s a single set. But that’s the way things are usually done, and because of that, most people just do it that way and don’t think about it. This might speak to my own anxiety problems I have off stage, where if I’m just laying in the hotel room watching TV and I’m getting anxiety about what I see, and other personal issues like that.

So I’m always someone who thinks, “What’s a unique way or different way to do this?” So with filming, I’ve never liked the way stand-up specials are typically filmed for TV.
Plus stand-up concert films typically aren’t a big technical affair. I’ve noticed that different people in different countries film things in different ways. There’s no bullshit with it. It’s all just a part of the organic way I like to operate. True, but even now, many people will still say we’re number one even if they hate Trump. Sometimes I’m ripping someone, sure, but I’m also trying to compliment them at the same time. and the exclamation point (! He didn’t invent all the wars that we are currently fighting in. I think it’s what I’m best at, doing stand-up. On Her Slow-Burning Sixth Album ‘Positions,’ Ariana Grande Is Explicitly In Love, Looking Back At Jay-Z’s ‘The Dynasty’ Album, 20 Years Later, Dorian Electra’s ‘My Agenda’ Takes A Deep Dive Into The Darkest Corners Of The Internet, The Rundown: A Good Faith Attempt To Explain How And Why ‘How To With John Wilson’ Is So Good, Desi Lydic On The Fitting ‘The Daily Show’ Tribute To Ruth Bader Ginsburg And How She Changed America, In ‘Borat Subsequent Moviefilm,’ The ‘Victims’ Have Become The Performers, Iraqi-Canadian MC Narcy Explains The Danger Of Internet Deep Fakes, The Best Ways To Research Down Ballot Candidates And State Measures, Talking With NBA Veteran Al Harrington About Black Representation In Cannabis, Master Brewer Jaega Wise On Getting More Women Into The Beer Industry And Brewing During A Pandemic. It’s a little mix of insult comedy and your special’s outspoken theme. I'm a comedian. He is an actor, known for 30 Rock (2006), The Wrestler (2008) and Star Wars: The Force Awakens (2015). I don’t mean this in a pretentious way at all, but I view comedy as an art form, and there are so many things we do in society that are done in certain ways. I don’t think it should be filmed in a high tech, complex, way. Below, the 48-year-old comic chats with us about the reasoning behind the new hour’s title (and theme), as well as the methods he employed while shooting it over the course of several years. I mean, stand-up is a very simple and technologically-raw art form. There’s a microphone, some speakers, and a light shining on you. I wanted the audience to feel like they were sitting in the room, watching me perform. I’m also poking fun at us as citizens. I'll do black rooms, I'll do Latino rooms. It’s America during the Obama administration. UPROXX. Most of the time, I’m really ripping on myself. It’s very raw, and we’re such a high-tech world now. Everything was handheld. Right, exactly. This might speak to my own anxiety problems I have off stage, where if I’m just laying in the hotel room watching TV and I’m getting anxiety about what I see, and other personal issues like that. Yes, we have this monster, this dangerous person who’s in charge of everything, but what are you going to do about it now? I always try not to. There are one or two bits where I bust Trump’s balls, but it’s just a few minutes out of 84-minute runtime and I’m mostly going after the bigger issues. Plus stand-up concert films typically aren’t a big technical affair. I’m satirizing America, especially American exceptionalism — things like our domestic and foreign policies. The internet has been buzzing about World Champion Judah Friedlander’s appearance in Star Wars: The Force Awakens ever since someone spotted … So I thought I should film this differently, too. Write an article, send us a link, help us spread the word, or if let us know if you've got any skills that can help make the ibang better. I mean, just look at him and listen to him, There are a million things you can make fun of. When you’re just making jokes about what a jerk Trump is or the way he looks, it’s too easy. It still is the most relaxing thing I do, but that doesn’t mean it’s not intense. But first, Star Wars…. … Why would you do a special and interrupt the show? World Champion, Judah Friedlander explains why he is just so good at soccer. That being said, I’ve seen an evident distinction between comics who will blatantly talk about Donald Trump, and those who will more or less acknowledge his presence without specifically naming him. In America, most people start with their wide shot, then move into over-the-shoulder and close-up shots.
I just don’t like it. There are people sitting and facing a particular direction. I was just cruising through the galaxy, hanging out in this bar, and all of a sudden it just happened. That is correct. I don’t like doing things the normal way, and that’s not just in my stand-up but in other areas of life. Hit us up on our contact page. Most of the special is handheld, or just a simple camera propped up somewhere in the room. It has continuity in it, even though it’s from different nights.

I don’t like the big crane shots. This is basically a raw stand-up performance film. He is an actor and writer, known for Feast (2005), 30 … October 31, 2017. ', Who will replace Alex Trebek as ‘Jeopardy’ host? Instead, I try to always go for the more difficult and darker places, to see what humor I can find there. I always try not to. It’s easy to make fun of Trump. Yes, it still is. Thanks, man. This does not do that. That’s also what my stand-up special is about.