Jesus leads, Jesus leads.Source: The Cyber Hymnal #3254, Sacred Selections for the Church: a collection of sacred selections featuring choice favorites old and new (57th ed) (1960), p.157, It looks like you are using an ad-blocker. Protenus aeger argo; hancetiam vix, Tityre, duco; 16:1–13; 2 Sam. Thus, it is not surprising that the care of a shepherd and his relationship with his flock was a common metaphor in the ancient Near East for the leadership of people, especially kingship. Jesus leads, Jesus leads, Repeatedly, the Scriptures refer to the Lord Jesus as the "Shepherd" of His people - "I am the good shepherd: the good shepherd giveth His life for the sheep"(John 10:11). "Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort; who comforteth us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God."
It would not be that of a conqueror over vanquished subjects; but it would be mild and tender, like that of a shepherd who carries the lambs, which are unable to walk, in his own arms, and gently leads along the feeble and the delicate. 2. These two verses set forth two widely different operations of the divine power as exercised in two sadly different fields, the starry heavens and this weary world. Please consider white-listing Hymnary.org or, Like a shepherd, tender, true, Jesus leads, Jesus leads, All tunes published with 'Like a shepherd, tender, true, Jesus leads, Jesus leads'. When we reach the Jordan’s tide, He will watch them lest they stray, Verse 3: Thru the sunlit ways of life Jesus leads, Jesus leads; Thru the warrings and the strife Jesus leads, Jesus leads; When we reach the Jordan’s tide, Where life’s bound’ryline recedes, He will spread the waves aside: Jesus leads, Jesus leads. Daily finds us pastures new, Like a shepherd, tender, true, He is willing to do all to protect and keep His sheep. The verb translated "to feed' (ירעה yire‛eh), denotes more than our word feed at present. Or the flock ’mid danger feeds, As near as I can judge, this continued about an hour; and kept me the greater part of the time in a flood of tears and weeping aloud.. But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.' Lyrics. -- ISAIAH xl. 78:70–71). 1. The tender lamb, unable to keep up with the flock, becomes weary and exhausted; and the shepherd naturally takes it in his arms and carries it. --ISAIAH xl. I felt an ardency of soul to be what I know not otherwise how to express, emptied and annihilated; to love. As near as I can judge, this continued about an hour; and kept me the greater part of the time in a flood of tears and weeping aloud.. 2. Her dying twins, my flock's late hope, remain. Where life’s bound’ry line recedes, All the way, before He’s trod, Shepherding is one of the oldest occupations. It refers to all the care of a shepherd over his flock; and means to tend, to guard, to govern, to provide pasture, to defend from danger, as a shepherd does his flock. Jesus leads, Jesus leads. Lo! Jesus is the faithful and true shepherd. Safe into the fold of God, And He now the flock precedes, They are interlocked, as it were, by the recurrence in the latter of the emphatic words of the former. Thus Homer often uses the phrase, ποιμήν λαῶν poimēn laōn - 'shepherds of the people,' to denote a ruler, or monarch. 1. stray. The tender lamb, unable to keep up with the flock, becomes weary and exhausted; and the shepherd naturally takes it in his arms and carries it. Thro’ the warrings and the strife 26 and 29. Jesus leads, Jesus leads, Till we reach yon blest abode, I remember a sunset at sea, where the bosom of each wavelet that fronted the west was aglow with fiery gold, and the back of each turned eastward was cold green; so that, looking on the one hand all was glory, and on the other, "Once as I rode out into the woods for my health, in 1737, having alighted from my horse in a retired place, as my manner commonly had been to walk for divine contemplation and prayer, I had a view that for me was extraordinary, of the glory of the Son of God. Verse 1: Like a shepherd, tender, true, Jesus leads, Jesus leads, Daily finds us pastures new, Jesus leads, Jesus leads; If thick mists are o’er the way, Or the flock ‘mid danger feeds, He will watch them lest they stray: Jesus, leads, Jesus leads. All Rights Reserved. God called him to shepherd a different flock, His people Israel (1 Sam. Among all the names that reveal God, this, the "God of all comfort," seems to me one of the loveliest and the most absolutely comforting. He will the spread the waves aside, I remember a sunset at sea, where the bosom of each wavelet that fronted the west was aglow with fiery gold, and the back of each turned eastward was cold green; so that, looking on the one hand all was glory, and on the other …Alexander Maclaren—Expositions of Holy Scripture, Prayer and Devotion"Once as I rode out into the woods for my health, in 1737, having alighted from my horse in a retired place, as my manner commonly had been to walk for divine contemplation and prayer, I had a view that for me was extraordinary, of the glory of the Son of God. 30, 31. Like a shep herd he A feeds his B ¯ock and Cm gath ers the Preview Edition #91137 1. He shall feed his flock - In the previous verse, the fact had been asserted that God would come to subdue his foes, and to reward his people. The Secret of Immortal Youth'Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall. 30, 31. Jesus leads, Jesus leads,
But they that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run and not be weary; and they shall walk and not faint.' Here it denotes that God would evince toward his people the same tender care, guardianship and protection, which a shepherd shows for his flock. Jesus leads, Jesus leads; Such a shepherd as this Virgil beautifully describes: Protenus aeger argo; hancetiam vix, Tityre, duco; Hic inter densas corylos modo namque gemellos. Ad revenue helps keep us running. Esau said to him, “Let us take our journey, and I will go before thee;” but Jacob, like a good shepherd, knowing the roughness of his brother, said to him, “My lord knoweth that the children are tender, and the flocks and herds with young are with me: and if men should overdrive them one day”--only one day--“all the flock Will die.”

Tho The Mists Hang Over The Way Or The Flock ‘Mid Danger Feeds, He Will Watch Them Lest They Stray Jesus Leads, Jesus Leads. Thro’ the sunlit ways of life I felt an ardency of soul to be what I know not otherwise how to express, emptied and annihilated; to love …Edward M. Bounds—The Essentials of Prayer, The God of all Comfort"Blessed be God, even the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of mercies and the God of all comfort; who comforteth us in all our tribulations, that we may be able to comfort them which are in any trouble, by the comfort wherewith we ourselves are comforted of God." Such a shepherd as this Virgil beautifully describes: En, ipse capellas. silice in nuda connixa reliquet. All Along Life’s Rugged Road, Jesus Leads, Jesus Leads! All along life’s rugged road Yean'd mid yon herds upon the flinty plain. Tender, True. © 2019 R.J. Stevens Music, LLC. Jesus leads, Jesus leads. Bm way led of them the a C Lord. Among all the names that reveal God, this, the "God of all comfort," seems to me one of the loveliest and the most absolutely comforting. The Scripture says that He - "giveth His life for the sheep. 5:2, Ps. The one verse says, 'He is strong in power'; the other, 'He giveth, 'Even the youths shall faint and be weary, and the young men shall utterly fall. Hymn Status: Public Domain (This hymn is free to use for display and print). A similar thing is often done by a shepherd.

--ISAIAH xl. It is often applied to a leader or a ruler of a people 2 Samuel 5:2; 2 Samuel 7:7; Jeremiah 32:2. Like his Father, Jesus deeply cares about the welfare of the sheep. Jesus leads, Jesus leads; Jesus Leads, Jesus Leads!

It is often applied in the Scriptures to God represented as the tender shepherd, and especially to the Redeemer Psalm 23:1; Ezekiel 34:23; John 10:14; Hebrews 13:20; 1 Peter 2:25; 1 Peter 5:4. The words all comfort admit of no limitation and no deductions; and one would suppose that. In this verse, the mild and gentle character of his government over his people is predicted. Like a shepherd, tender, true, Jesus leads, Jesus leads, Daily finds us pastures new, Jesus leads, Jesus leads; If thick mists are o’er the way, Or the flock ’mid danger feeds, He will watch them lest they stray, Jesus leads, Jesus leads. The Shepherd-King sees to it that his Father’s sheep are well-fed spiritually and that they enjoy peace and security in the spiritual paradise. If thick mists are o’er the way, A similar thing is often done by a shepherd. Verse 2: All along life’s rugged road Jesus leads, Jesus leads, Till we reach yon blest abode, Jesus leads, Jesus leads; All the way before He’s trod, And He now the flock precedes, Safe into the fold of God: Jesus leads, Jesus leads. He giveth power to the faint; and to them that have no might He increaseth strength.' Jesus leads, Jesus leads;

Till We Reach Your…