It was sweet, moist, firm, and gone in three doll-sized bites. We use cookies to collect and analyze information on site performance and usage, and to enhance and customize content and advertisements. What do you think? Ver más: Cake pops, paletas llenas de color. It is difficult because female business owners are seen as not being the wiser to make business decisions or to grow a dream big enough to make money out of it.

Is it harder being a female entrepreneur or do you think it doesn’t really matter? Finally, all my dreams came true and exceeded my own expectations.

Phone: (786) 268-9790. http://bunniecakes.com. Shallow Obsessing Strongly Encouraged. The whole filming was surreal.

I can tell you that no matter in what situation you are or what discapacity you have, everything is possible with hard work, perseverance and passion. The smell of the cinnamon cupcakes is irresistible. Do you belong to any organizations?

Cortez also supports local vendors and artists by selling their products and artwork in her store. kosher and gluten free bakery in Miami, voted the best! His second birthday was coming and we had no clue of where to get the cake or what to do for his birthday party.

At the time, she never imagined she'd be the first person to open a vegan bakery in Miami.

What does it mean to “be successful”? Join the New Times community and help support independent local journalism in Miami.

says Cortez. Support the independent voice of Miami and help keep the future of New Times free.

Bunnie Cakes is located at 2322 NE 2nd Ave, Miami, FL 33137. We will also have balloons and plush bunnies and cupcakes. ?When his second birthday was coming up we tried to adapt him to a gluten-free diet but nobody would make a cake for us nobody understood what I was even talking about? Circulation, I think about my kids, the example I am giving them, how they see me, how important is for them to see that hard works always pays off. Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada. Are there plans for another Bunnie Cakes anytime soon? How important is your network? It's a one stop shop! Now, Bunnie Cakes is celebrating its one year anniversary -- just a few days shy of Valentine's Day. Tell us about the one year party celebration.

Tags from the story Bunnie Cakes , Food And Drink , Gluten Free Bakery , Mariana Cortez , Miami , Miami Things To Do , Vegan Bakery , Wynwood "She was an awesome woman and I feel really happy and glad that I get to do what she didn't get to do. All of the ingredients she and her baking troop use down to the sugar are sourced from Florida. How do you keep yourself motivated when you can’t keep going anymore? The Miami New Times may earn a portion of sales from products & services purchased through links on our site from our affiliate partners. The only vegan. Someone once said that you can’t tell your big dreams to small minded people. Among the solutions her doctor recommended was adopting a gluten-free, vegan diet for the child. ?We are a local business too so it?s very rewarding for me to help other local businesses" says Cortez. Terms, Enter your email or sign up with a social account to get started, Miami's independent source of local news and culture. Short Order: It's hard to believe it has been a year since Bunnie Cakes opened its storefront. But for now, we're really enjoying the success of our current location. Depending on the day of the month. ... Bunnie Cakes is a story of love, loss, dreams, and having the courage to follow your heart. You can special order or pick it up at the store. She then created her own website with pictures she took of the cupcakes she was baking. In 2009 she started baking and selling vegan baked goods from her home kitchen. No, my mom is  dentist, my dad is a Doctor. We are also going to have kids activities, face painting, balloons, and a bounce house in the back. Bunnie Cakes is the only vegan/ gluten free/ nut free bakery in Miami Florida. With every purchase, you get to spin the fortune wheel and get one free item. Watch the video below where we talk to Mariana Cortez about her personal favorite cupcake flavors her lifestyle quintessentials and get a tour inside Bunnie Cakes bakery. You can find Bunnie Cakes online at https://www.bunniecakes.com/

Did you always know you wanted to be an entrepreneur? What did you learn or what's the most important thing you walked away with? Do you believe that times are changing for the better? But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. I had to find out more about the woman behind these cruelty-free, health consciously constructed, cleverly branded, and delicious desserts. Watch the video below where we talk to Mariana Cortez about her personal favorite cupcake flavors her lifestyle quintessentials and get a tour inside Bunnie Cakes bakery. We heard you're going to have all the flavors you made on the show available at the party.

Will there be music? Reasons to Treat Yourself to a Premier Designer Bag, Celebs Enjoy Fall Weather With Picks From Louis Vuitton, Tory Burch and Dior, Every Single Chanel Bag Featured on Netflix’s Emily in Paris, The Story Behind That Instagram Famous “It” Bag. But of course nothing she made was vegan. It is one of the hardest things for me when I started to grow. Since we started Miami New Times, it has been defined as the free, independent voice of Miami, and we would like to keep it that way.

On top of their ready-made pastries available all around Miami, Bunnie Cakes bakes cakes and cupcakes to order. By clicking 'X' or continuing to use the site, you agree to allow cookies to be placed. Watch the video below where we talk to Mariana Cortez about her personal favorite cupcake flavors her lifestyle quintessentials and get a tour inside Bunnie Cakes bakery. Eventually after much trial and error she came up with a vegan and gluten-free recipe for vanilla cupcakes.

?I have a lot of customers that don?t necessarily follow a strict diet? I am a perfectionist, so I try to maintain a direct communication with my team, and have a weekly meeting to go over every detail at the store. Tell us about Cupcake Wars. 8.8K likes. So yes, let's say is two, three, or maybe four! Aquí te contamos todo, Receta: Arroz rojo con champiñones al ajillo. Since 2005. "I quit my job and dedicated my time to raising my four kids. Also, there will be amazing gifts from all our sponsors, like one month of unlimited membership to Play In, unlimited Pilates classes at Pilathon, yoga classes from Trio Yoga, and Bikram Yoga Central Miami, a pair of pants fromBuddah Pants, free hair services from Blo Midtown, doula services from The Natural Baby Store, gift certificates from Spris Pizza, a relaxation session from Let Go Stress, a pair of my favorite heart leggings from Fit Mama, vegan gelatos from Dolci Pecatti, art from our dear friend Piktorama (our muralist), and photography discount sessions by Photography by Priscilla... and so much more! It's truly spectacular, delicious, and different! says Cortez. I wanted to cradle the adorable little package to my chest, give it a bottle, and rock it to sleep, But seeing as there were people around, I decided to eat it instead. So when I spotted her Bunnie Cakes, miniature organic, vegan and … ?I have a lot of customers that don?t necessarily follow a strict diet? best-selling cupcake flavor is the guava followed by the red velvet vanilla and passion fruit. All rights reserved. What is Bunnie Cakes? But with local journalism's existence under siege and advertising revenue setbacks having a larger impact, it is important now more than ever for us to rally support behind funding our local journalism. Get the most out of your experience with a personalized all-access pass to everything local on events, music, restaurants, news and more. The worst is being able to sacrifice many things, like money, time, comfort, social life, etc. See also: Bunnie Cakes: Gluten-Free, Vegan Love Cakes by Family Gal Mariana Cortez. I involuntarily let out a gushy "awww" not many six-year-old girls could rival. Staff, Even though, or maybe because, I was always a really really tall girl, I've always gravitated toward tiny things. Eventually after much trial and error she came up with a vegan and gluten-free recipe for vanilla cupcakes. Sign Up ›. Use of this website constitutes acceptance of our terms of use, our cookies policy, and our privacy policy. The mother of three will soon be offering summer baking classes for kids ages 3 to 9 at her shop. Was it hard for you? It is definitely harder to be a female entrepreneur. Company Website. Mariana Cortez started baking vegan sweets back in 2009 as a way to fulfill her son's dietary restrictions. We specialized in cupcakes, cakes, brownies, cookies, cake pops. I realized that the cupcakes were not right when I had 10 minutes left on the clock.

When Mariana Cortez realized that her 18-month-old son Luke was allergic to dairy and gluten she was presented with the challenge of fulfilling his dietary restrictions. What is one (or more) piece of advice you can offer our readers and other entrepreneurs that are reading your interview? Get the latest updates in news, food, music and culture, and receive special offers direct to your inbox, Miami Restaurant Directory: Takeout/Delivery/Dine-in, Bunnie Cakes: Gluten-Free, Vegan Love Cakes by Family Gal Mariana Cortez, Miami's Five Best Dining Deals for Fall 2020. best-selling cupcake flavor is the guava followed by the red velvet vanilla and passion fruit. The cakes are now sold at 15 locations throughout Miami, including Juice and Java in South Beach, Aventura, and Boca, The Honey Tree, Garden of Eatin', and of course Apple A Day. Do you think you want to start other businesses in the future or do you want to keep growing this one as long as possible? Not all six of the cakes. Why do you think now is the time to be a female entrepreneur? Help, Don't have an account yet? We do not use any animal products and we are also completely nut free. Help, Don't have an account yet? ©2020 Miami New Times, LLC. Los campos obligatorios están marcados con *. Mariana | Variations of the typical birthday cake include birthday cupcakes, cake pops, pastries, and tarts Do you believe that anyone can become an entrepreneur?