What kind of mint extract did you use? Yum! I think I will try your recipe, but since I am a diabetic, I am going to try and make the custard base with Stevia instead of sugar, and use 90% chocolate for the chips. Gorgeous creamy ice cream and the chocolate chips just make it better! I also love that this base didn’t use too many eggs. Hi Enzo, If you’d like to use real mint leaves, you might want to check out this recipe: http://www.andreasrecipes.com/2008/10/03/fresh-mint-ice-cream/. Lo and behold, mint chocolate chip has become their very favorite ice cream flavor, and who’s to blame them? Do you buy that at penzeys? The custard is easy to cook up (I advise using a thermometer of some kind to reach that perfect 170). Your email address will not be published. :), I would say that Memorial Day wknd is the official unofficial start to summer! I was wondering if I could make this without the mint extract; how do I make this using real mint leaves? OMIT half-and-half; reduce mini chocolate chips to 1/2 cup. I’m super excited, giving away a Cusinart ice cream maker from Sur La Table this week ~ spreading a little ice cream love! So glad you liked the ice cream! My favorite part is that it seems to stay soft. So reminds me of my childhood. You know, I’m not really a huge mint fan, but does this look amazing! So much better quality than the mint chip we grew up with! mint chocolate chip is one of my favorites! This is my favorite ice cream flavour of all time! I finally purchased the Kitchenaid ice cream attachement and this was the first recipe I made! OMIT half-and-half; reduce mini chocolate chips to 1/2 cup. It came out creamy and delicious. My family DEVOURED it! I used chopped Andes Home > Recipes by Category > Ice Cream/Frozen Desserts > Homemade Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. Not overwhelming. This looks absolutely delicious! Vanilla extract. April 18, 2020 at … As a result, you may want to use a little less. I think I might be making this tonight… YUM! POUR into ice cream freezer container. Warm 1 cup of the heavy cream, whole milk, granulated sugar and pinch of salt in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until the sugar dissolves. Made with a custard base and flavored with vanilla and mint extract, and dark chocolate, it’s wonderfully refreshing and tastes like an Andes mint! When I told them, they asked if we could get it. Someone always has to pry the carton out of my hands =) Love to new design! Think peppermint candy canes versus Thin Mints. We only had peppermint extract and we did a full teaspoon in our mix and thought it was the perfect amount for our mint loving family. It was on the heat for about 20-25 mins. Hi Oskar, I usually buy vanilla and almond extract from King Arthur Flour. Came out perfect! Oh I love love love mint ice cream! It feels like a comfort dish type of day. Wow! I love my Cuisinart ice cream maker, but usually just do low fat vanilla ice cream to go with a cookie or brownie sundae, but I think I’ll go out on a limb and try this because it’s making my mouth water! Whether the skies bring sunshine or snow, fall is, We get all the eaters (read: kids) to embrace fall, Healthy meets Flavor in this Quinoa Sweet Potato S, We love donuts but without the deep frying. Looks delicious! Bring on summer. thank you, My husband is always requesting it over and over again. Came out perfect! Like this : http://www.davidlebovitz.com/archives/2007/07/making_ice_crea_1.html. For this reason, mint chocolate chip ice cream is traditionally made with plain mint extract. I made this tonight and I am glad that I did! This ice cream looks so good and minty! Isn’t it great to please the parents?! I don’t have an ice cream maker so I have to live through your photos. Peppermint extract contains significantly more menthol, which gives it a more intense flavor. Color to your liking with the green food coloring. This ice cream is made with a traditional custard base using heavy cream, whole milk, and egg yolks. It likely turned lumpy because the eggs actually cooked. In a separate medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolks. Hi Sara, I used McCormick mint extract. Here’s the link… SIGN UP FOR ENEWS. chill the mixture in an ice bath then freeze in a freezer safe pan, mixing frequently. Michelle I love your new site resdesign! Great minds must think alike, David Lebovitz also just did a post on Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream. Annie says. I love the slight sweetness, cool refreshing mint and chocolaty goodness :) looks fantastic…I’m jealous! It came out creamy and delicious. Please post if you do happen to try these flavors!!!! Chill the mixture thoroughly in the refrigerator (preferably overnight). The green color was wonderful. can Eagle Brand® Sweetened Condensed Milk, 3 to 4 drop green food coloring, if desired. It’s my favorite and since the weather has turned hot and I’m eight months pregnant, I crave it just about all the time! I hope that helps! I'm Michelle and I believe anyone can learn to confidently make recipes worthy of celebration. So delicious! I have tried your pistachio ice cream (ABSOLUTELY LOVED!) I didn’t have any mint extract in the house; however, I had pure peppermint oil. Hi. http://foodwhirl.com/spotlight/spotlight-mint-chocolate-chip-ice-cream. Took it over the top! Hi Lyds, I have done a blueberry cheesecake ice cream (https://www.browneyedbaker.com/2008/12/28/blueberry-cheesecake-ice-cream/), but not the other flavors. Ingredients in Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream This ice cream is made with a traditional custard base using heavy cream, whole milk, and egg yolks. Heh! Whip heavy cream. If you don’t have an ice cream maker yet, I have a few recommendations for you! You would make your way straight to my family’s heart with this ice cream. There was this ice cream shop in Tel Aviv that made a great one which was sugar free and used coconut milk. My sons love this flavor of ice cream, so we might need to try this. I was doing the coating test but it was always pretty runny. Mint and chocolate is our favorite combination! I don’t have an ice cream maker though. The share homemade recipe of Mint Chocolate Chip Ice Cream is very much useful for your readers. I can just imagine it with some homemade hot fudge sauce. Stir the mixture constantly over medium heat with a heatproof spatula, scraping the bottom as you stir, until the mixture thickens and coats the spatula (if using a thermometer, it should be right around 170 degrees F).