I love you is filmed in New York and Ireland. To keep her spirits high when their son leaves for college, Manhattanite Kate Conrad (Kristin Davis) has booked a ‘second honeymoon’ with her husband. The movie follows frequent flyer Ryan, as he jet sets across the country for his job. If you want to see more of Greece, watch the sequel – My Big Fat Greek Wedding. by Elvis Costello if you really want to recreate the moment! It's pretty likely that this post contains affiliate links. Either way, if you want to start a James Bond marathon whilst you are stuck at home, there are hours of entertainment there just begging to be watched during a movie night (or movie marathon!) This flamboyant cult favorite, Priscilla Queen of the Desert follows two drag queens (Hugo Weaving and Guy Pearce) and a transsexual (Terence Stamp) woman as they travel across the Aussie Outback. is the best. If you’re looking for a light-hearted and funny travel movie, this is the one (if you enjoy British humour). will make you laugh, cry and everything in between besides instilling in you the desire to live your life and explore. Set in the beautiful streets of Vienna, the story depicts the bond between two travelers played by Ethan Hawke and Julie Delpy and the romance that ignites between them. These are the movies that have inspired me to travel to a certain destination, to round up my friends for a road trip or just kept me dreaming about love stories in a foreign land. A show that had inspired me very much not just about the destination but also about the cuisine is the “Anthony Bourdain: No Reservations”. The perfect movie for a girls night in and to inspire a real girls trip with your girls. Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark (1981), The Best Travel Movies with Locations You Can Actually Visit. pin it! If you’re looking for movies to inspire travel feelings, you came to the right place. That it’s so true about Eurotrip. To escape the tedium, Walter inhabits a world of exciting daydreams in which he is the undeniable hero. This movie is a great reminder that the moment will never be right, you have to make it the right moment. Destination: France, Spain – Santiago de Compostela, I know it sounds weird when I say that during a list of movies that inspire travel, but this is one of the most travel inspiring movies I’ve seen, side by side with Eat, Pray Love, which brings me to my next movie. When Inez goes off dancing with her friends, Gil takes a walk at midnight and discovers what could be the ultimate source of inspiration for writing. For now, we’ll focus on movies where the journey is the destination and look at travel movies that inspire you to pack your bags and travel the world. And if you want to grab a coffee in the cafe where Amelie worked – you can! Marvelous list! They make fun of stereotypical experiences and travellers that you meet on the road, but also touch on some more serious friendship themes. The Adventures of Priscilla Queen of the Desert (1994). Yearning for solitude, she is accompanied by her dog Diggity and four camels for an epic journey from Alice Springs to the shores of the Indian Ocean. Traveling through Latin America in 1952 with his friend Alberto Granado, the voyage starts out as a hedonistic adventure and soon becomes a political discovery that evokes the political values he becomes known for in later years. 1. This movie is such a classic! (I also like the humor of it) but mostly because of Bruges. Gil’s daily walks at midnight in Paris could take him closer to the heart of the city but further from the woman he’s about to marry. Matamata, on North Island, doubles as the Shire, and the Hobbiton set, with its 44 hobbit holes, is open for tours. Talking about Drew Berrymore and Adam Sandler together… 50 First Dates. During a detour through Zambia, she helps her pilot, Derek Holliston (Rob Lowe), rescue an orphaned baby elephant. Eilis finds herself being forced to choose between an old love and the love of her homeland of Ireland or new pastures and the progressive opportunities of life and a new love in New York. Her friends and family are very protective, and Henry must convince them that he’s in it for love. (I can’t wait to visit). I’m all about balancing quality with price and I give my most genuine recommendations. Why “Leave Everything Behind” Was The Best …, Useful Packing List For Canada During Winter, The Challenging Future of Travel Post-Pandemic 2020. James Bond has been traveling the world on our screens (in various guises) since 1962, and with 24 films under his belt, he is one of the most well-traveled characters to ever hit our screens. When street rat Aladdin frees a genie from a lamp, he finds his wishes granted. I’ve found myself dreaming much more about a destination after having watched a movie. This movie is about family, friendship and self discovery. I’ve divided the movies in inspirational, romantic and funny, so that you can find a travel movie to watch for whatever mood you’re in! Recounting the tale of a young and adventurous American traveler, Richard (a young Leonardo DiCaprio), who befriends two fellow backpackers and travels with them to the island of Koh Samui where they unveil another beguiling island and its community.