If the object/picture is something good for our bodies, have them attach it to the large picture of the boy/girl. Thanks for the kind comment, Jane. Unhealthy food choices are sometimes cheaper, faster and more appealing to the taste. I make recommendations for products and resources. Thanks for stopping by! I love the analogy. Encourage understanding and application: Copy the picture on page 47 of the nursery manual, Behold Your Little Ones. When I started this series, I thought it would be overstating the obvious to write about “eating healthy” and “moving more”. Being healthy is important to be of use to our families. Potato Head as part of my Sharing Time this coming Sunday. While they have their eyes closed display pictures of different temples. Hi! She compares Proverbs 14:1 to the story of the three little pigs. Explain that our bodies, like temples, are sacred and need to be treated with respect by ourself and others. A friend of mine told me last week that taking care of our bodies does not have to be a priority as long as we are serving the Lord. Yeah, I definitely haven’t been eating well lately. First have everyone share what their favorite temple is and why. I shared an article over at @tiny3dtemples today. My own journey to weight loss really began when I realized I had taken my eyes off the Lord and put them on food instead. Taking care my temple is an everyday struggle for me. Maria, I totally agree.

I love your blog!!!! Here are some great ideas for this week’s Sharing Time.

“but with her own hands the foolish one tears hers down.” Proverbs 14:1b. Have a wonderful day and a great Sharing Time! Read More…. If it is harmful have them place it in the garbage can. Enjoy!

Do we leave garbage on the lawns? At the front of the room display your large picture and beside it have a trash can. Invite them to share different ways that they can treat their body like a temple as they pull the different parts from the bag. OH, I never thought about comparing my body and healthy food choices to the story of the Three Little Pigs! You are awesome and thanks so much for sharing.

Introduce the doctrine: Before Primary, write the phrase “Ye are the temple of God” (1 Corinthians 3:16) on the board. Thanks for stopping by:-). I am not suggesting removing all unhealthy food choices instantly.

your body is not a temple, it's an amusement park. I’m Erica – Child of God, Wife, Mother, Daughter and Friend. Invite a child up to the front and have them roll the die. Find several objects or pictures to use both good and bad. Potato head.

Thanks for stopping by:-). The products/services offered by Little LDS Ideas are neither made, provided, approved nor endorsed by Intellectual Reserve, Inc. or The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. Your email address will not be published. This is such good information. Have a large die with different body parts (Here is a great ‘Body Parts’ die) or the pictures from the Nursery Manual. They are related and go hand in hand! Eyes: read the scripture, watch uplifting movies and TV shows, read good things, etc. They are buildings where special ordinances take place that are needed for us to return to Heavenly Father. Great post. Sarah, I still love to come up with ideas that I really hope can help or even spark new ideas for leaders.

They are buildings where special ordinances take place that are needed for us to return to Heavenly Father. Fold the picture on the dotted lines to show how your body is like a temple. . Thanks for your kind words. know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost [which is] in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own? I found a lesson outline that I typed up and shared back in 2011 for this Sharing Time, so here is another great idea you could use. Loved the simple steps that can change you! Thank you for reminding me of it’s importance! I like the analogy! Thanks so much for stopping by. Required fields are marked *. Talk about how they felt if they've been to one, or what they remember if they have been lucky enough to go to an open house. We have to do our best to be prepared to serve how He wants us to serve. Thanks for stopping by! To help us think clearly to understand the directives He gives us to serve Him. Yes Sarah Ann, when we think of food as a fuel to make us better to serve Him, we begin to choose our food differently. This is a great post! I’m new to primary and now have to do sharing time and I’m so glad their are genuine helpful people out there!! can you please tell me how you get your pictures to turn o ut so nice?

I do make a quite a few straw decisions but I am still on my journey.

Also give them a "Future Temple Recommend" that they can sign their name to. Invite a child up to the front and have them roll the die.

Once all the cards have been guessed, you'll have covered these principles on keeping our bodies like a temple (some of which are gospel standards). Studying and homework keeps me busy, but I love it. I love when others enjoy my ideas and want to share them with others. no problem. Hope your Sharing Time goes well! Invite the children to share with their family how they can treat their bodies like temples. I look at all kinds of different ideas and then create my own, pulling ideas from several sources. I don’t make distinctions between the physical and the spiritual; God gave me this body and I need to be a good steward of it! Brittany, I understand. Please continue to guide me on this journey to prepare my body to serve You better. Please also help reduce my cravings for things that are not the best fuel for my body. This report will bring clarity to the direction of your goals! Grateful the Lord blessed you with such creativity and for your willingness to share!!! I love sharing LDS Ideas and printables to help make your life and calling a little bit easier. Today we are going to learn how we can care for our bodies. I don’t always have the best restraint when it comes to making food choices. I lost 130 pounds over 3 years ago and have kept it off. Please share the area you choose in the comment area and how you plan on making it happen. The children will be picking items and will be deciding if that object helps them treat their bodies like temples. And being prepared means we are taking care of our bodies so that we can do ANYTHING!! Is Your Purpose Hidden In Your Daydreams?

Thank you, Presh, for your kind comment, and for the idea. Thanks so much for stopping by! thank you!

I think the church today tends to overlook health and fitness because we want to love others how they are and then we ignore how they are taking care of their temple. I am a mother to 4 and a wife to one amazing guy. Thanks for stopping by.
Thank you for all these wonderful sharing time ideas!! I love it! Do you have your FREE ticket to the, Are you a mom? Then you can explain to them that even though temples are all different, each is a House of God. Honestly assess your food choices.

We all go through season when we do not eat as well as we should. Is that helping you work toward your goal of tuning up your body to serve Him better?

Thanks for stopping by! Error: API requests are being delayed for this account. Benefits of Stretching Outside Your Comfort Zone, 5 Questions to Ask to Check if Your Goals are Godly. Explain to the children that in this scripture it teaches us that our. I have a blog but my pictures suck in my opinion. Last fall, I read The Weight Loss Scriptures: The 30-Day Daily Devotion Your email address will not be published. I am a Christian woman who is working on health and motherhood one day at a time. You are like a temple. Potato Head Sharing Time. Thanks! Arms/Hands: read the scriptures, dress modestly, do good things/Choose the Right, etc. 1 Corinthians 6:13 - Meats for the belly, and the belly for meats: but God shall destroy both it and them. Thanks! I’m Sheena, the blogger behind Little LDS Ideas. I started this blog a couple years ago because my companion and I had put a ton of work into our activities and I wanted to share! Lately I haven’t been eating as good with all this bad weather and hubby deployed. . Do not be bound together with unbelievers; for what partnership have righteousness and lawlessness, or what fellowship has light with darkness?