I usually just put in all the zest from my lemon.

by Jolina 65 Comments [This site contains affiliate links. 8. Great for summer. I can’t got past a lemon icing so would certainly be adding that! Yes it is great with tea And I love that it’s not weighed down with frosting. Ridiculously easy, this all-the-way-from-scratch cake is a thin slice of heaven. Else I plan a whole slew of buttermilk recipes if I end up buying a whole carton! I’m sure you’ll do great Let me know how it goes! For a tube pan, in addition to greasing the pan, I also line the bottom with parchment paper. @2018 - The Baking Bit. It’s a classic for a reason Thanks Molly! I am making this cake latter on today! Then another third of your flour, the rest of your buttermilk and finally the last of your flour, making sure to combine well after each addition. By checking this box, I give consent to receiving email communication from The Unlikely Baker. Me too! Thanks! Glad you liked it , I never know what to do with all of the left over buttermilk either. As much as I like frosting, I am partial to simple cakes that don’t need them, like: They are delicious on their own and don’t need anything else. Something for everyone! 7. Every oven is different so if it looks like your cake isn’t ready, then it needs to bake longer. Combine the butter, water, and cocoa powder in a medium saucepan on a medium heat until until the mixture comes to a boil.

It has a delightful, crackly finish after it dries a bit, and the cake is deep, rich chocolate decadence. Let me know how it goes. COMBINE DRY INGREDIENTS AND BUTTERMILK ALTERNATELY. I’m literally drooling over here! Just be aware that baking time changes with each pan you use. Heck yes! See Terms of Use for more information. It’s an excellent addition to your recipe collection and a great way to use that extra buttermilk. See the post for the complete step-by-step photos and other FAQs. Try this Meyer lemon ricotta pound cake. Think about pancakes. What makes this unassuming looking piece of cake so special?
Using a handheld electric mixer or a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and granulated sugar on medium-high speed until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes). I’d love to hear from you in the comments section below. Ingredients arr easy to find which make this a bonus. A tube pan takes a little longer. When I use an 8.5x4.5 inch pan loaf pan, the cake is done in 60 minutes. This sounds great! This looks delicious! This looks AMAZING! Seriously, why don’t they sell them in smaller containers?? We are practically addicted to pancake freezing haha. Privacy Policy & Terms of Use. Pour batter into the buttered cookie sheet. taste to food doesn’t it?

Thanks! This site contains affiliate links. Drizzle on the cakes while still warm. OR….like 5 of these cakes. Hope you had a lovely thanksgiving. Thanks Dawn. And even as base for shortcakes . Thanks Tescha That’s what’s really great about simple cakes – simple ingredients, often things already in your pantry! Awesome pictures too.
I usually only need a cup so I always end up with lots extra.

I always used to have buttermilk leftover and now unless I know I’m going to use the whole carton, I’ll just make my own and there’s no wastage. Your photo looks great and I bet the taste is awesomeness:) BTW, thanks also for sharing DYI buttermilk. Thanks!

Things that seemed so simple and ordinary, yet one bite made you realize there was nothing ordinary to it. Log in. It’s definitely nice to have your own recipe so you can make it any time you feel like it.

Butter the bottom and sides of a 16 x 12 cookie sheet. 6. I recently discovered buttermilk powder that I’ve started using. it look delicious Tks.

You are going to wonder where this Old Fashioned Buttermilk Texas Sheet Cake has been all of your life. Savor With Jennifer uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. This recipe is a keeper!

Absolutely. Find me on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. Glazed old fashioned buttermilk doughnut cake is a new classic! You’ll want to have leftover buttermilk all the time now. If using a tube pan, line the bottom with parchment paper. 2. I love pound cakes and this is devine!!

While the cake is baking, melt the butter, cocoa, and buttermilk for the glaze in the saucepan used earlier on a medium heat. Ingredients: 1 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature Love that beautiful lemony color! Standard, unsweetened baking cocoa may be substituted, but use 1 teaspoon of baking soda in place of the baking powder. Switch to low speed and eggs one at time, making sure each one is incorporated well after each addition. I love this cake as is but Red loves the version with the glaze. The cakes are done when they start to pull away from the sides of the pan and if a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean or with minimal dry crumbs clinging to it. Thanks Hannah! Thanks Liz! Adapted from Baking and Books – a great foodie blog you should check out! I’m not much of a baker but I do love a good pound cake! And the best vanilla extract you can find.

Let’s go to the next page (click the Next button below) to discover how to make this Buttermilk Cake with Caramel Icing. Buttermilk lends a very unique (and delicious!) Hope you like the cake! Perfect with coffee, tea, hot chocolate…water haha! The combination is delicious! That’s lovely! I’m not much of a baker but now I want to try this. Keeps me from wasted that buttery gold and it stays in the pantry for a while. Thanks for sharing! Copyright 2016-2019. On a 9x5 inch pan, it's done baking in 75 minutes.

Just mix a cup of milk and a tablespoon of lemon juice, stir then let sit in room temperature for 30 minutes. Saving this for this weekend! Looking forward to hearing about how it goes. LOL! I thought I was the only one wondering about that haha Thanks Krysten. See Terms of Use for more information. To bake old fashioned buttermilk pound cake, you will need: If you want to make a simple glaze for this cake, you’ll need: When making pound cakes, I like using my stand mixer to cream the butter. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar and whisk to combine. Dense but soft, not too sweet, bursting with wonderful cherry flavour.

Stir in 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 2 teaspoons lemon zest and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Take out from oven and let cool in the pans for 10 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely. This item: Old Fashioned Buttermilk Cinnamon Streusel Cake - Birthday Cake/Celebration, 30 oz $29.95 ($1.00 / 1 Ounce) In Stock. ADD EGGS. lemon extract I know what you mean…sometimes I just prefer cake without frosting, especially for breakfast! Would love a piece of this right now with my morning coffee , Right? So perfect and not heavy at all. 4. It won’t be as thick as the ones you can buy in the store but will work in a pinch.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Thanks very much Tina!

toothpick test). I can’t wait to try it next time I have a plethora of buttermilk! Thanks for sharing! baking soda 1 c. buttermilk 3 c. flour 2 tsp. As an Amazon Affiliate, I earn commission from qualifying purchases. Simple to do too; no special techniques required. Add in a third of your flour mixture then half of your buttermilk. Thanks! It takes you back to a time when all things were made without preservatives and weird, hard-to-pronounce ingredients. In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. TRANSFER TO PAN AND BAKE. The crust and the moist insides…. Eating a whole loaf is a real possibility let me tell you Would love to hear about what you think of the recipe Francesca. Transfer the batter into prepared pans and bake for 60-75 minutes (see notes).

It is lovely with tea And yes, it’s great to be able to make it when the craving hits.

In a large bowl, combine 3 cups flour, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda and 1/2 teaspoon salt.

Thanks for sharing the recipe with us!

CREAM BUTTER. Hmmnnn…I think this would be great with afternoon tea or a hot black coffee. I need to go get me some buttermilk for this cake now….. I bake a lot so a lot of the recipes involve buttermilk which not only gives the cake a slight tang but also makes it moist and wonderful . This post is in loving memory of my Aunt Rita who introduced this recipe to our family. Easy and Delicious Recipes for the Home Baker! Thanks! That looks absolutely lovely! LOL!

Add the lightly beaten eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla and mix until everything is combined. Hope you can try it soon! Thanks Nicole! Cake is my downfall!!!! 5. Thanks! A slightly smaller cookie sheet may be used, but the bake time may be a few minutes longer, as the cake will be thicker. Thanks very much Ruthie! These classic farm ingredients form an ultra moist cake.

I don’t use buttermilk nearly enough but definitely will thanks to this lovely recipe. The glaze is poured on the hot cake and seeps into the crumb.

Here are more useful tips for prepping your bundt cake pans. Stir the hot butter and cocoa mixture into to the dry ingredients.