Bruno Gerussi,

When an old enemy, the Cylons, resurface and obliterate the 12 colonies, the crew of the aged Galactica protect a small civilian fleet - the last of humanity - as they journey toward the fabled 13th colony, Earth. They totally left out McElroy & LaFleur, eh. © Kid World Citizen 2011. Kevin McDonald, They have a cute web site with additional activities, links to their apps, coloring pages, etc. Northern Exposure?

Jarome Iginla, Connor Jessup, I LOOOOVE “Il était une fois…”, so educational even for adults, thinking of getting the DVDs for Nico. The other cartoons, even Oui-oui or T’choupi wich are also for the little ones, are more difficult for a first approch, in my opinion. The adventures of a superpowered teen and his scientist friend. It should be number one in perpetuity. Not to mention slyer than its surface and having outright hilarious moments. An awful lot of childrens shows on list – well they’ve always said we in Canadian TV do kids the best…erm, that came out wrong. 48 min I remember liking them very much. The bad news: you’re old. Adventure, Comedy.

Angela Deiseach, 30 min Babar is a character from a 1931 French children’s book Histoire de Babar by Jean de Brunhoff. Tygh Runyan, Similarities to Stratford are purely intentional. Oh great round up too! Last edited on 7 September 2020, at 19:15, List of English-language Canadian television series, List of Quebec television series imports and exports, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=List_of_French-language_Canadian_television_series&oldid=977246001, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 7 September 2020, at 19:15. So if your name is Mike Clattenburg give us some more of Lahey and his s**t analogies, Rickyisms, and get the cast back together. Stephen Brathwaite, Clancy Brown, TV-PG Quick-witted, fast-paced snappy comedy about rural folk getting by in a small town. Yannick Bisson, Kudoos FlashPoint, for showing the humanity of police drama that has attracted International audiences. Drama, Mystery, Thriller. Michael Rosenbaum,

Animation, Comedy, Drama.

Summer Bishil, TV-14 | Kids love it!) 800-year-old vampire Nick Knight quests for redemption as a cop in Toronto, trying to hide his vampiric nature from the rest of the world. it was greatttt i started to learn french it great it is my wishes to can speak like english could it be effective?

| For programs on the CBC's French network, see List of programs broadcast by Ici Radio-Canada Télé . | What about The Newsroom? http://flamingphoenixofflames.blogspot.com/2011/05/top-ten-canadian-television-shows-of.html. Priscilla Faia, | | Comedy, Sport. Lucas Bryant, | Bob Dermer, 45 min

R.H. Thomson, Kid World Citizen shares YouTube videos of French cartoon for kids.

I used to watch a bunch but most weren’t cartoons, in the cartoons I would say Astérix, le Gaulois (with Obélix), also Tintin, oh and Marsupilami! By itself, the Littlest Hobo parody on Corner Gas was arguably some of the best Canadian tv of last 25 years. | Slings and Arrows Stars:

The most telling aspect of Canadian scripted television, is that within the first 30 seconds of viewing, it’s Canadian origin is obvious.

Nobody mentioned “les Mondes engloutis” for slightly older kids 6 or more….

If you search on the Canadian amazon though, you can find many Caillou DVD options labelled “bilingual.”. ’Nuff said. Kevin Hanchard, TV-PG Stars: Reading time: 7 minutes. Lana Condor, Today’s Special was a fantastic and timeless show that was successful across Canada, the U.S. and around the world. 60 min But drained budget, affairs and political intrigues complicate things. The 10 best Canadian TV shows of the past 25 years, http://flamingphoenixofflames.blogspot.com/2011/05/top-ten-canadian-television-shows-of.html, Catching up with Chef Alexandra Feswick, TL Insider’s Chef-in-Residence for November, How Ontario’s long-term care homes became houses of horror, “We’ve seen a lot of parking lots, which is not what we signed up for”: How a pilot and a flight attendant are adjusting to van life in a pandemic, Campfires, creativity and two weeks at a time: How Actinolite turned their backyard into a cozy and cottage-y, pandemic-friendly patio, A Toronto couple could work remotely.

Jordan Gavaris, What? I really like the animation and the multicultural characters of the French-Korean show Linus et Boom (exported as “My Giant Friend”).

Early 60’s show. I have to concede that there were some shows that I didn’t know and that looks very cool! For programs on the CBC's French network, see List of programs broadcast by Ici Radio-Canada Télé. A french version previously aired on Radio-Canada. |

Sci-Fi.

Crime, Drama, Mystery.

Rufus Sewell,

Mickey Mouse Playhouse Curious George Go, Diego, Go! Slideshow. | Zixx: Level One/Two/Three dealt with carious kids, over three seasons, as they met and became allied with Zixx, a kind of policewoman whose beat was the world inside a living computer/video game. Helene Joy, William B. Davis, TV-PG | Juno Rinaldi,

| Seriously? January 16, 2019 / French culture Miscellaneous / By Frederic Bibard / 24 COMMENTS 0 Shares. Holly and her three puppet roommates teach young children different lessons. 30 min These French cartoons are available on DVD, with clips available on youtube, and they have a cute web site for kids. I am SO glad we got that one… Beverly Glenn-Copeland, It’s rare that north-of-the-border TV gets much love from our pop culture–immersed American neighbours, but such are the immeasurable charms of Being Erica’s leading lady, Erin Karpluk, whom Entertainment Weekly called “ridiculously winning.” EW also dubbed last spring’s season finale “the best finale (involving time travel) you didn’t watch.” In yo’ face, Lost! Stars:

Hard to believe since Slings and Arrows is a favourite of mine but… still – WOW! ), cute French cartoons recommended by 3 different families.

| Monde de Petits is a French web site for kids filled with songs and activities.

Amber Marshall, Stars: 2.

Anna Torv, Stars: The ebullient earnestness of Anne of Green Gables met the gossipy goodness of Coronation Street in this turn-of-the-century, P.E.I.-set drama that launched the career of a coltish young towhead named Sarah Polley. | Stars: | These five government-bankrolled cross-dressers weren’t afraid to crush heads, wear squirrel fur or orgasm in a mad puff of feathers. Katheryn Winnick, Judith Lawrence, Stars:

PG.

What a missed opportunity!!! William Osler.

What is more astonishing is that despite such widspread popularity and a massive still loyal following of millions, it has never been released on DVD. It was The Office before The Office (even in the UK) and mixed in a healthy smattering of behind the scenes TV production. TV-14 I think it was called Forest Rangers. In that case SCTV must be considered one the best shows period. Benedict Wong, Being Erica Canadian CBC CTV culture Degrassi Erin Karpluk Flashpoint Gemini Awards Kids in the Hall Media Paul Gross Rachel McAdams Sarah Polley Toronto, realize these are all “production” orientated shows, but canada’s best tv export in a long time is no other than Mr. Les Stroud aka Survivorman. As a Canadian kid, I also watched a weekly show called Bagatelle. John Noble, Babar – The Classic Series Season One is available on DVD (with English and French audio options). David Suzuki, Dani Kind, My son loves to watch cartoon in foreign languages on YouTube.

that show is genius! Two F.B.I. Art Irizawa,

Drama. I cant believe heartland isn’t even mentioned! Battered and abused stuntman Super Dave Osborne gets his own nighttime talk show. Darby Stanchfield, Air Farce? A newly appointed coroner investigates a string of mysterious deaths in Toronto. 30 min James Frain, TV-14 Amanda Tapping, |

Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi. Stars:

Sketch TV by young amateur actors in true classic Nick-style. Nina Lisandrello, The kids shows were fine; but I’d leave them to a dedicated category for that type of product. Joanne Vannicola, Eric Balfour, Stars: Thanks, but this kind of click-baiting crap is not the way to cultivate a readership. Eliza Taylor, Kirsten Vangsness, Laurence Leboeuf, Ernie Coombs, Stars:

Stars:

I’m not sure what programs you’re writing about – I only see the programs we get in the U.S. – – – and I’ve been watching since the days of “Silk Stalkings.” I really think the programs (at least the ones I’ve seen here) are top notch! Ex undercover UK cop turned police chief of a small town in the Canadian Rockies does what he must to defend his family from those in power whether it's the oilmen, the preachers or the gangsters. Action, Adventure, Comedy. There are several episodes on youtube, and you can also order as DVDs from amazon. Christopher Plummer, TV-MA That includes French versions of popular TV shows and movies, such as documentaries, horrors, comedies, dramas, international content, fantasies, family friendly content, and more. I am currently learning French and I love cartoons. Pat Quinn, Family. Show Details. Aislinn Paul, A french version previously aired on Radio-Canada. Grocery store clerks having misadventures. Despite the hours of crap produced south of the border, I still think most U.S. networks would have a stronger list than this based on a single season. | Comedy. Follows Declan Harp, a half-Irish/half Cree Native-Canadian outlaw who is campaigning to breach the Hudson's Bay Company's monopoly on the fur trade in Canada. | French music for kids Trilingual Children has a great post on kids radio stations. Second to none, in my opinion.

hello, what about corner gas, robsin arms, little mosc on the prari. no trailer park boys? 60 min Trailer Park Boys? These are great thanks for sharing!

Looks like all my favs went into the runner-up category.

One of the first TV series to combine Live action and CG worlds, and one of the smartest. I just I didn’t have to go through the whole passport process now. Stars: Mark McKinney, Not Rated | |

You’ve got good television! The show was based in Toronto, they are a news station that go out filming news worthy stories all the while a romance brewing with the news show director & camera man, Jake. | Mark Humphrey, how is Kenny vs. Spenny and the Trailer Park Boys not on this list??? Comedy, Crime. 16 & Recovering. | Gordon Pinsnt was a Mountie on the show. Robin Ward, My French immersion elementary students love to watch Heidi. |

| Stars: |

.but I’m sure it’ll be worth it. Road to Avonlea and the like are family favorites, littlest Hobo was my kids fav and still is..A new one this year was Combat Hospital, real good production although not kid friendly .Let’s keep supporting our Canadian TV shows and create family friendly shows. No “Da Vinci’s Inquest”? The Friendly Giant must be rolling over in his grave. Stars: Comedy. In between interviews Osborne, with the help of his partner and promoter, Fuji, performs his classic stunts that never quite seem to go as planned. A coroner searches for truth and justice with the help of his friends, while trying to hold his family together.

Thanks for the memories Becky! Pat John, TV-PG

He already watches Maisy mouse (he loves her!) I mean outrageous comedy!