Anyone who loves peanut butter as much as I has to be O.K. Top with other slice, so that peanut butter and jelly are in the middle. you can get good results by leaving out the butter and grill and just popping the sandwich into a toaster oven. We used to make these camping in a pie iron over a campfire. The peanut butter and jelly oozed out and warm jelly just didn't do it for me. wikiHow is a “wiki,” similar to Wikipedia, which means that many of our articles are co-written by multiple authors. Chastity, I don't know whether to thank you or not for submitting this amazing little sandwich recipe because now I know I'll never get back to my diet! Sheesh I've been cooking for over 20 years and finally found the ultimate recipe. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Amount is based on available nutrient data. My second mistake was then reading the reviews! To create this article, volunteer authors worked to edit and improve it over time. I baked the sandwich at 375 for 5 min then flipped it & baked for another 3-4 min.
% of people told us that this article helped them. The heat of the toast will melt the chocolate and you don't have to mess with grilling it on the stove! Remove the other slice of bread from the back of the peanut butter slice, and place margarine side out over the peanut butter and chocolate chips. A good way to turn "same ol'" into "sinful." This sandwich is SOOOOO good! Try out some of our favorite recipes for the classic peanut-butter sandwich.

The only thing better than peanut butter is a peanut-butter sandwich. Thanks to "MC MA of 3's" review (the woman's a bad influence on me) I just couldn't resist! By using our site, you agree to our. My family loved it and I'll be making this at least once a week. Spread 1 teaspoon of margarine onto one side of each slice of bread. A grilled peanut butter and chocolate sandwich. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. Back to Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich. This article has been viewed 12,147 times. All tip submissions are carefully reviewed before being published. Spread peanut butter on unbuttered side of one slice of bread, and jelly on the other. Spread butter on one side of each slice of bread. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. This was absolutely delicious with PB just dripping right out of it! & sprayed whole wheat bread with butter spray so thereby omitted the margarine. I'm not sure I could ever eat a regular one again! And instead of jelly I subsituted with cheddar cheese. You saved Peanut Butter Cup Grilled Sandwich to your. Tried this based on my sisters review....a tad bit too sweet for my taste good just too sweet, Congrats! I never in a million years would have thought of toasting my PBJ sandwich. Please help us continue to provide you with our trusted how-to guides and videos for free by whitelisting wikiHow on your ad blocker. Peel the banana and cut it into small circles. 273 calories; protein 5.3g 11% DV; carbohydrates 35.5g 11% DV; fat 12.5g 19% DV; cholesterol 21.5mg 7% DV; sodium 427.2mg 17% DV. Include your email address to get a message when this question is answered. Thanks for sharing! DELICIOUS!!!! Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Thank goodness you are a contributor to allrecipes.

Sprinkle a little powdered sugar on top to add to the delicious mess factor. I made these thinking they would be terriffic - after all I love any type of grilled sandwich. 2.

I was disappointed. Thank you for sharing this gorgeous recipe! When one is a peanut butter junkie and is also trying to diet, one should never, ever read any kind of review that contains this creamy indulgence. We made some pretty basic recipes, none of them particularly memorable. I went all out and used butter in lieu of the margarine and even added some nutella to this already wonderful rich and very satisfying sandwich. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. If you are allergic to peanuts you can use almond butter or a similar product. Be careful working around the hot stove. Spread peanut butter on unbuttered side of one … Oh Jill Jill Jill....do I like you or hate you for submitting this terrific little treat? Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. We know ads can be annoying, but they’re what allow us to make all of wikiHow available for free. Are you kidding me?? Modified it for home. But it speaks volumes that this simple twist on a basic PB&J sandwich left such an impression on me after all these years. The only thing my son can cook and he made this JUST yesterday. Cut the banana. Instead of peanut butter I used sliced turkey breast. This recipe is delicious! A drizzle of honey can make the sandwich sweeter. It was one of our favorites. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. To create this article, volunteer authors worked to edit and improve it over time. Info. Oh Lordy! Sometimes the simplest things in life turn out to be some of the best and this was no exception. Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. I used milk chocolate chips instead of semi sweet. It was a great treat w/ some fiber & protein-plus a little chocolate for kicks! Put the margarine sides together. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. It's sort of like a s'mores without the campfire. This is peanut butter and jelly with a twist. This is good but it's only a hot peanut butter and jelly sandwich. If you really can’t stand to see another ad again, then please consider supporting our work with a contribution to wikiHow. https://www.thedailymeal.com/.../grilled-peanut-butter-banana-sandwiches
To make it healthier I used 1 tbsp natural PB 1 1/2 tsp mini choc chips (I know that's quite a cut in amount but I'm watching my calories & the choc flavor still came through nicely!) Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. Up until then it was "do I, or don't I"?