And they said, 'We don't. Jayne Torvill will appear on Dancing on Ice tonight when it airs on ITV at 6pm. "Whereas for me, it would have stopped what we were doing, so I left it quite late and I was into my forties by then. Jayne Torvill is a renowned British professional ice skater. Friday nights were special though: Mum got home a bit earlier and I was allowed to stay up. She added: “I got pregnant quite quickly and I thought, ‘Oh this is fine’. By registering to HELLO! Speaking on Piers Morgan’s Life Stories with her former skating partner she revealed she had suffered an ectopic pregnancy, before enduring 12 months of IVF treatment. “And yet at the same time, of course, we love each other. She said: “A friend of mine had adopted a little boy. Christopher added: “It’s an unusual relationship that we have. Torvill, who was skating in England on a tour with Dean, said work commitments have prevented setting a wedding date. Olympic ice dancer Jayne Torvill announced her engagement to sound engineer Phil Christensen, who is touring with pop star Phil Collins. But how did the ice dancer come to reveal the heartbreaking struggle to get pregnant? Jayne Torvill is married to Phil Christensen, an American sound engineer. Order for $39.95. You [Christopher] stay at our house quite a lot.”. alerts and find out about everything before anyone else. I said to my husband, ‘I don’t know if I can do this’. We can’t’. DON'T MISSJayne Torvill health: Star’s painful condition [INSIGHT]Dancing On Ice's Christopher Dean speaks out on Caprice partner swap [EXPLAINER]Jayne Torvill health: The health condition that took her by surprise [PICTURES]. Many fans of Jayne and Christopher have mistakenly thought that she is married to him, but the pair have never been an item and Christopher lives with his wife Karen Barber and family in Colorado Springs, USA. You wouldn’t be able to do all that we do without love.’. Now she is on television screens each week as she judges ITV’s Dancing on Ice. And when I went to have a scan they said I had an ectopic pregnancy, and I didn't know what that meant. “And I went to see this little boy, and I wanted to bring him home.”. Speaking to Reader's Digest, Jayne said: "My dad George went off early in the mornings to work for Raleigh Bicycles. 's newsletter, you acknowledge that you have read and accepted hellomagazine.com's privacy policy, the cookies policy, and the website terms of use, and that you consent to hellomagazine.com using your data according to the established laws. But despite speculation about Jayne and Christopher, Jayne has been happily married to husband Phil for more than 25 years. Dad was home by then, so I had the evenings with him, but by the time Mum got in at 10pm, I’d usually be in bed. He is even accepting of Jayne and Christopher’s close bond, with the skater previously stating that her husband “knew” she would stay over at her dance partner’s house. So we tried IVF for about a year. Activate HELLO! Olympic ice dancer Jayne Torvill announced her engagement to sound engineer Phil Christensen, who is touring with pop star Phil Collins. order back issues and use the historic Daily Express Jayne and her husband Phil now live in East Sussex with their two adopted children together, Kieran, 16, and Jessica, 12. READ MORE: Jayne Torvill health: Ice skater will 'never forget' her health attack. So we tried IVF for about a year. They said, 'The embryo's growing in one of the tubes'. "Apollo 50," our hardcover book about the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing, has been released. "As a couple skating together, it's easy for the guy to go off and start a family because it wouldn't affect his skating," she said. But despite repeatedly denying rumours of a romance between the pair, speculation about them continued through the years. In 2011, Jayne claimed they banned themselves from sleeping together because they feared it would damage their skating partnership. Torvill and skating partner Christopher Dean won a gold medal in the 1984 Olympics. RELATED: What is Christopher Dean's net worth? Jayne and Phil are parents to two children, Kieran and Jessica, who are both adopted. In 2013, Jayne opened up about her journey to motherhood during an interview on Piers Morgan's Life Stories, and revealed she first suffered an ectopic pregnancy before enduring 12 months of IVF treatment. "So I went through the surgery and then it was obvious it was going to be more difficult. Jayne Torvill health: Ice skater was ‘left gasping for air’ - why? She has been a household name for more than 35 years, but Jayne Torvill tends to keep her family life out of the spotlight. They have admitted in the past their close friendship often caused problems with their partners. The pair married on 21 September 1990, so will celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary in 2020. Get to know more about the 62-year-old's family here…, WATCH: Get to know everything about Dancing on Ice. Jayne Torvill husband: How did Jayne reveal her struggles to conceive a baby, Jayne Torvill husband: Jayne and Christopher at the European Championships in 1984, Christopher Dean: Dancing on Ice star reveals all about Jayne Torvill, Jayne Torvill husband: Jayne Torvill and her family, Jayne Torvill health: Star's condition triggered by ice-skating. Florida passes 100,000 coronavirus cases as deaths rise to 3,173, Disney World announces more reopening dates for its hotels, 2 new solar farms to deliver power to 6 Florida cities, including Orlando and Kissimmee. We can't'. Express. newspaper archive. Jayne clearly dotes on her children, and occasionally shares sweet family photos with them on Instagram, including photos when she took her teenage son to a garden party at Buckingham Palace one summer. Christopher’s first wife, fellow skater Isabelle Duchesnay, to whom he was married for two years between 1991 and 1993, referred to Miss Torvill as “the third person in my marriage”. ", MORE: Get to know more about Christopher Dean's family. Who is Jayne Torvill married to? “They said, ‘The embryo’s growing in one of the tubes’. She always brought me a chocolate bar.". Sign up to our newsletter to get other stories like this delivered straight to your inbox. Jayne took her son Kieran to a Buckingham Palace garden party, Jayne is the daughter of parents George and Betty, and has previously said they worked hard to help her achieve her dreams. The pair married on 21 September 1990, so will celebrate their 30th wedding anniversary in 2020. “At that point, I wasn’t ready to look into adoption, I was still thinking it was going to happen. She usually keeps the personal details about her family private, but in 2013 she revealed the touching struggles she faced when trying to conceive. ", Jayne Torvill shares two children - Kieran and Jessica - with her husband Phil Christensen, She continued: "I got pregnant quite quickly and I thought, 'Oh this is fine'. Please see our Privacy Notice for details of your data protection rights. Own a piece of history! In 2010, she told the MailOnline: “My ­husband knew that’s where I was going. The skater, 32, said she met Christensen… So what is her personal life like away from the ice rink? While many people mistakenly believe she is in a relationship with her Dancing on Ice judge and skating partner Christopher Dean, Jayne has actually been married for more than 25 years, and has two children. Mum gave me my tea then left for a late shift as a machinist. She said, ‘Come and see him.’. Jayne Torvill, 62, has been married to her husband Phil Christensen for more than 25 years. “That, as a lot of women know, is traumatic in itself.”. And I said, 'Oh, ok, so how do you get it out then?'. Jayne Torvill is married to Phil Christensen, an American sound engineer. That's when it hit me. If you wish to change your mind and would like to stop receiving communications from hellomagazine.com, you can revoke your consent by clicking on "unsubscribe" in the footer of the newsletter. She broke down in tears as she opened up about the experience to the public for the first time. We will use your email address only for sending you newsletters. “And they said, ‘We don’t. “And you’ve got to be ready for it if you want to adopt. That’s when it hit me. Jayne Torvill, 62, has been married to her husband Phil Christensen for more than 25 years. Like this story? That, as a lot of women know, is traumatic in itself.