Directions & information for Longport station: John Midgley a visiting Huddersfield Town fan informs me; 'Services run hourly from Crewe, Stoke & Derby to Longport. After a two hour plus journey arriving at 2.10pm we had time for a beer in the Vale Social Club which is situated behind the away end and welcomes away fans. Open Now. Official FC Porto website with the latest news, matches, multimedia center, liveStream, live game, match highlights, players profiles, all FC Porto Sports, member area, … It is certainly unusual. This is accessible from St John’s Square and it is a nice pedestrianised area slightly nicer than the main high-street.

There is a small track which separates the pitch from the stands and runs all the way round the ground. © 2020 Football Ground Guide. If none of those work, ask them to take you to Khlong Thoey market (“talat khlong thoey“), which is close enough.
Recommended. The atmosphere from the Vale fans was almost non existant as we out sang them the entire match.

As we came on the supporters coach then it was fairly straight forward. The club lasted two seasons before folding again.[1]. How easy was your journey/finding the ground/car parking: We left Paddock Wood railway station at 7.20am and got to London Euston at around 8.50. Many of us follow Port both home and away, and for matches that are no more than 4-5 hours’ drive from Bangkok, we often arrange minivans. We enjoyed the day out but were disappointed with the result, but not the reception we received at Vale Park which was good. Once we got to Stoke we grabbed a taxi to the ground which only took around 10 minutes and cost roughly £12 for 5 of us. 49,768 v Aston Villa FA Cup 5th Round, 20th February 1960. His celebration was brilliant, straight down to the advertisement boards where he was mobbed by players and fans alike.

[1] After three season, in which they finished bottom twice,[1] they joined the Liverpool County Combination. We also needed to win the game. If this changes, we’ll be sure to update this section.

The atmosphere in the stands got progressively more heated as this played out, but absolutely nothing in the way of chanting from the Vale fans. I found it quite hard to believe that Vale Park has a capacity of almost 19,000, for some reason the whole stadium looked a lot smaller than I expected. What you thought on seeing the ground, first impressions of away end then other sides of Vale Park?

(Read more about the history of Port FC on Wikipedia). The view is very good generally although there are 4 supporting pillars that can get in the way if you sit more than half way back. 3. I've been to Port Vale on a number of occasions and always found it be a good day out. I was surprised by how small the steps were and how shallow it is, which as has been noted could cause problems if somebody tall sits in front of you. A doddle really. Ground is easy to find if you know the Stoke area and I availed myself of parking at Vale Park itself at a cost of £5, which was convenient and safe. At the mini-roundabout follow the main road round to the left going up the hill. For using this site, please activate JavaScript. The stadium was nice and the Vale fans warm and friendly. We never went around the stadium only by the away stand. How easy was your journey/finding the ground/car parking? The coach parked on the car park just outside the ground. We got out of the car park fairly quickly, but there was lots of match traffic heading out of Burslem. Thank you. I went into the leopard opposite the robbie williams building, a nice quiet little pub with a selection of ciders and lagers from £2.50.

Summary; Matches; Squad; Statistics; Transfers; Trophies; Venue; Info Official website. Overall I very much enjoyed my first visit to Vale Park and would certainly go again if we happen to be in the same league next year. [2] After this the club joined the Lancashire Combination for two years before entering the Mid-Cheshire League in 1976.

Atmosphere was non-existent, with a crowd of under 4,000 and a very quiet home support. 12,601 v Wolverhampton Wanderers League One, 31st August 2013, 2019-2020: 4,862 (League Two) 2018-2019: 4,431 (League Two) 2017-2018: 4,583 (League Two), Unofficial Web Sites: One Vale Fan North London Valiants Vital Port Vale (Vital Football Network) Port Vale Online Supporters Club. Bought a ticket at the ticket office next to the away end. True to her word she got us our sausage rolls they were hot and enjoyable. No problems really. A great day out and entertaining game. The City fans really got behind the team as we knew this was a must win game, and a very winnable one at that too. Inside it looked alright viewing from the Railway Stand. So the roof on that little corner of the ground is very old indeed!' Also in St John's Square is the Duke William and around the corner on the main Wedgwood Street is the Bursley Ale House. All in all a very pleasant experience and far more enjoyable than a visit to their near neighbours. We got our drinks and made our way over to a family of Port Vale fans, with whom we shared some banter and had a game of table football. There was very little atmosphere generated from the home fans except for a small section to the left of the away end.
I went into the Port Vale Club Shop and purchased a club pin badge for £2.50 which is lower than average in price! Due to low attendances, the entirety of the stand is allocated to the traveling contingent which equates to around 4,500 potential seats but in reality most clubs will be doing well to bring anywhere near 1,000 supporters. We had to take a diversion but once we were in the vicinity of Burslem the Satnav found Vale Park for us very easily. In my experience few taxi drivers have heard of Sunthon Kosa, but they normally understand “sanam khila tarua” (Port stadium), or just “football tarua“. Second half started much as the first half ended.

Please note that cash is not accepted at the away turnstiles, you have to buy a ticket from the ticket booth in the car park by the away end.