My third instant pot meal! Would that have prevented the BURN notice? Never would have even thought about it! I work full time and her meals are so easy and delicious. The sauce has an amazing flavor that begs to be drizzled over everything! I recently got up the nerve to try pressure canning and was so amazed at how easy and safe it was, that now I’m curious about pressure cooking! See below for exact cooking times. However, if you choose a natural peanut butter that’s not sweetened, you may want to add a bit of sweetener to the sauce. Hi Martha – yes, you can use frozen boneless chicken thighs. I love this recipe and my instant pot. I just ordered the Cuisinart. My husband loves to cook, and loves to use the pressure cooker. The sauce is crazy good. This has become one of my readers’ all-time favorite Instant Pot chicken recipes. I made this to the recipe and I have to say it was so salty I couldn’t eat it. etc. Optional: minced garlic, paprika, oregano, onion, etc. But the browning does add a lot of flavor. . I love that you can cook it in the pressure cooker in minutes rather than hours in a slow cooker. Chicken thighs have a higher fat content, so they cook up juicy and flavorful in the pressure cooker. This recipe sounds wonderful! Thanks for the chance! 6-8 Fresh, Bone-In Chicken Thighs (Skin-On or Skinless): 12 minutes on high pressure, 6-8 Fresh, Boneless Chicken Thighs (Skin-On or Skinless): 10 minutes on high pressure, 6-8 Frozen Chicken Thighs, Any Kind: 14 minutes on high pressure. Select Simmer and bring to a boil, stirring constantly. First, add cooking oil in the pressure cooker and press the Browning/Saute button. This is fantastic. How do I change portion size and cooking time to fit two people? If I was going to approximate, I would say I ended up using about two cups of broth. Looks wonderful! Thanks Alina – so glad you’re enjoying my recipes. Add the chicken to the sauce and broil for 10 minutes. You could add the peanut butter after pressure cooking the chicken, and if you’ve added more liquid, you may need to reduce the sauce or use more of the cornstarch slurry to get the desired consistency for the sauce, but it shouldn’t be necessary to cook the sauce separately. Adding this recipe to the repertoire. In 8-quart cookers or larger, I prefer to double all of the sauce ingredients, including the peanut butter, cornstarch, and water. I’d love for you to do a guest post one day. © Copyright 2020, 20 Things to Cook This Month That Have Nothing to Do With Thanksgiving, 15 Vegan Muffin Recipes for Easy Breakfasts, 15 Comfort Food Dinners That Start With Creamy Alfredo Sauce, 2-Ingredient Snacks That Are Too Easy Not to Make, Use Your Stale Bread in These Savory Bread Puddings, 13 Spiked Apple Cider Cocktails to Celebrate the Season, 15 Comfort Food Casseroles Inspired by World Cuisines, 12 Recipes to Turn Extra Chicken into Healthy Main Dish Salads, 15 Ground Beef Soup Recipes for Easy Weeknight Dinners, Ground Turkey Slow Cooker Recipes for Easy Weeknight Meals, 11 Top Chicken Casseroles That Lean to the Healthy Side, 12 Classic Italian Recipes Made Easy in the Instant Pot, The Best Electric Pressure Cookers According to Our Test Kitchen, Cooking Frozen Chicken in the Instant Pot—What You Need to Know, Instant Pot Teriyaki Chicken Thighs recipe, How to Cook a Whole Chicken in the Instant Pot, How to Cook Chicken Breasts in the Instant Pot Step-by-Step, 20 Game-Changing Instant Pot Accessories You Can Buy on Amazon, 1-4 cups water (depending on whether you want broth or not). I just made this in less then a 1/2 hour! I’m sure you’ve got some great recipes too. Let me know if you make it. Now you're ready to pressure cook! Your email address will not be published. (Try brown sugar or honey to taste.). Select High Pressure and 9 minutes cook time. Close the lid and set the Instant Pot to the sealed position. Added a cup more of broth and it was still too thick and strong at the end. Use the "manual" function to cook on high pressure for designated cooking time (see above cooking times). I can make dinner and dessert while at the office using my various crock pots. HI Karin – I’ve used 6 quart Cuisinart, Fagor and Instant Pot electric pressure cookers and there really isn’t much variation between the brands as far as cook times are concerned. I made this last night and it was FANTASTIC! Barbara, thanks for the response. Thank you! I posted, emailed and facebooked because I want to learn how to pressure cook! spiralized zucchini noodles (aka zoodles), Four Fabulous Dinners with Peanut Sauce (Slow Cooker or Instant Pot) - Slow Cooker or Pressure Cooker, https://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/instant-pot-duo-and-smartcooker/, https://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/2014/12/video-use-instant-pot-ip-duo/, Chicken with a Thai Peanut Sauce | dawn of food, http://www.hippressurecooking.com/pressure-cooker-recipe-converter/, http://www.amazon.com/Cuisinart-CPC-600-1000-Watt-Electric-Stainless/dp/B000MPA044/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1349123139&sr=8-1&keywords=cuisinart+pressure+cooker, https://twitter.com/emihill/status/251012702447747072, https://twitter.com/EliseHagood/status/251007448989712384, 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed (about 8), 1 tablespoon freeze-dried cilantro OR 3 tablespoons fresh diced cilantro, At least 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, for serving, Green onions, chopped for garnish, optional. The liquid is the most important aspect of not triggering a BURN result. 9 minutes?? This is only about the 4th time I have made a main dish in the IP–I love it! Any other suggestions? i’m trying to cook more w/ whole grains and think the cookbook might help me do that. I don’t use the pre-set buttons because they aren’t applicable to all pressure cookers. Hope all goes well tomorrow! This was the first recipe that I have made out of around 50 that did not work. A pressure cooker is on my Christmas list, can’t wait to get started! This adds a delicious caramelized color and flavor to the dish. The only difference you'll need to make when using one versus the other is the cooking time. Thanks Melissa – I’m so impressed that you made it already. Certainly didn’t need to thicken. Thank you. In a pressure cooker, you can make this on a weeknight. I apologize if this has already been addressed. Now that you've got the basic technique down, get inspired with all different kinds of Instant Pot chicken thigh recipes. https://www.pressurecookingtoday.com/pressure-cooker-korean-chicken-thighs If you have an 8-quart or larger pot, you will need more liquid to avoid a burn notice. The flavor will stay in the sauce when the pan is deglazed. I would increase the cook time a few minutes when using bone-in thighs. Let me know how it goes. Would that work for your son? 0 %. Refrigerate for up to four days. These pressure cookers seem to be the rage lately. You could add an extra half cup of chicken broth. Just made this for Sunday lunch. Oh, and I added a teaspoon of fish sauce, too. Thanks Kimberly! I would use a 5 minute cook time. i do not understand the last part of the directions. Yum! Overall, though, good flavor and yummy result. Glad to see the adjustment for bone-in chicken thighs. Sounds like delicious additions. I <3 crockpot cooking!! Leave us a review below to tell us why! I also made your coconut rice on the stove at the same time. Recipe is for 4 chicken thighs, but the timing should be fine for 10 - 12 thighs, just check after original 10 minutes and cook more if needed. I made this last night, using my Fagor pressure cooker (non-electric). Hi, At Pressure Cooking Today, we believe in making real food with fresh and familiar ingredients. If you’re short on time, you can skip this step and continue with the recipe as written. This popular recipe was adapted from the 365 Days of Slow-Cooking cookbook. With a blender, you don’t have to chop the cilantro, just toss it in. Id love to win this cookbook . I buy boneless skinless chicken thighs from Costco in bulk. The Instant Pot recommends 12 oz. Used 4 thighs and kept everything else the same for my mini duo. etc. If you have the Instant Pot you can adjust the Saute setting to less to simmer. Served with some cabbage slaw and rice. I really want to try this again, but I don’t have an electric pressure cooker. Hi Kris – definitely change it up to suit your tastes. Thanks for sharing Judi – glad it was a hit . IT IS DELISH!!! Thanks Daryl! This looks delicious! Here’s a video that will help. I often don’t have fresh cilanto in the fridge . You were the first person to leave a comment on this post saying you live in the area and want to attend The Really Big Cooking Show. It will however take longer to come to pressure. I’m new to pressure cooking, and this would have been so good and way easier in a slow cooker. Please pick me!! I JUST REALIZED that I added 1/2 cup of peanut butter instead of a 1/4 cup! With the 12-ounce cerveza and rendered fat and water from the chicken thighs, you’ll probably want to reduce the remaining liquid at least a little bit. It’s pure comfort food that’s ready in less than 30 minutes. Let me know if that works better for you. But if you want to reduce it, you can divide the ingredients in half. The easiest way to convert a recipe is to find a similar pressure cooker recipe and just change up the ingredients/spices to what you want to use. I’m so excited for your blog to use with my pressure cooker! If you’re interested in more than just pressure cooker recipes, I share my other adventures in the kitchen over at Barbara Bakes. You really have to triple the recipe. I used to make this recipe using my slow cooker…but the other day I was craving this and decided to give it a go in my pressure cooker…I think the chicken is more tender than my slow cooker version. I follow Pressure Cooking Today on Pinterest. Whenever I need a quick meal, I just pull out a cooked thigh and add to pasta, make a sandwich etc.