Select the second team from the drop down menu. With the news that he revamped his shot while working with Mike Miller, it might be a worthwhile gamble. Doesn’t make advanced reads but flashes the ability to develop in pick-and-roll. At his best putting pressure on the rim with his speed in transition and the half court. Please god stop drafting players that need to learn how to shoot. I didn't want a ton of NBL, but his handle looks a bit high and loose, especially when he's trying to chain moves. I guess we could use 14 to swing for the fences on Hampton and then trade 26+30 for a pick around 18-20 and use that for a more win-now type prospect.

Find out more. When the game slows down Hampton's biggest offensive strength is his touch in the midrange. “I used to watch his games; he used to watch my games way back.” Ferguson said he got to know the Texas native through AAU basketball as early as middle school. 19 PTS 9/14 FG 0/0 FT. Steven Adams S. Adams. On the latest episode of the HoopsHype podcast, Michael Scotto is joined by RJ Hampton, who is a projected first-round pick in the upcoming draft. I'm really not sold on Rj Hampton. Scores from any date in BAA/NBA or ABA history. Regarded as one of the most promising high school players in the United States, RJ made the surprise move of first reclassifying to the 2019 recruiting class, then forgoing college altogether to play professionally in the Australia-based National Basketball League (NBL) Hampton possesses an elite combination of speed, explosiveness, and length. G - NZL. Will LaMelo Ball thrive in the NBA. 6 REB 5 DREB 1 OREB. The views expressed here do not represent those of the NBA or its clubs. No 21 Philadelphia 76ers Tyrell Terry. Which is why I think he should be a top consideration, similar to a Tyrell Terry.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information | Which doesn't really address your concerns.

No 23 Utah Jazz Jalen Smith. The Suns have had discussions with the Thunder about acquiring All-Star point guard Chris Paul, sources told ESPN's Brian Windhorst and Tim Bontemps. Boom or bust? Quick feet when fully engaged. Hampton is an interesting prospect. T Ferg can't do any of that shit.

Are you a Stathead, too? Now I think with the depth of this draft, the guy you get at 26 isn't going to be much different to who you get at 18. Accessibility and Closed Caption |. More and more we're seeing teams retreat defensively instead of offensively rebounding and in doing so it's becoming difficult for transition-reliant players to get scores. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. ", Brown - "He may not have a reliable jump shot, but he’s one of the most athletic players in the draft", Smart - "But he must improve his shooting and pure point skills for him to warrant a higher ranking.".

19 PTS 9/14 FG 0/0 FT. Steven Adams S. Adams. Shot third best 6.6 free throws per game over the Under Armour Association in 2018. Plus this draft is deep enough in terms of role playing talent that we should be able to find contributors with our later picks. Copyright © 2000-2020 Sports Reference LLC. He's a little indecisive and could use some more experience, He needs to be less predictable around the rim. Defensively he has a combination of athleticism and instincts that create the potential of a high-level defensive player. Our reasoning for presenting offensive logos. Knicks Believe Drafting RJ Hampton With 8th Pick Is 'A Reach,' Nets Interested At 19 Marc Berman/New York Post LaMelo Ball, R.J. Hampton To Participate In Draft Combine If you make a request through There are flashes, but he also doesn't look to be an advanced playmaker at this time. Can lead and finish in transition … Good defensive tools with his length and quickness. All rights reserved. By using NBA sites, you are agreeing to our revised :privacyPolicy and :termsOfUse, including our :cookiePolicy"}; C - OKC. Why am I all of a sudden a shill for RJ Hampton? Confirm that your trade proposal is valid according to the NBA collective bargaining agreement. 5 AST 2 TO 30 MIN. NBA draft 2020: Perfect picks for every team in the first round. This site is operated jointly by NBA and WarnerMedia. Shot 12.3 free throws per game over his four games of the Nike EYBL in 2019, which was the highest of the session … Good court vision and passing ability. An optimist might say he's only a jump shot away from being an elite prospect, but a pessimist would say that there isn't a single part of his game at the moment that's NBA ready. Fellow one-and-done NBL talent LaMelo Ball was able to be productive in his single year down under but Hampton was no more than a rotation piece, something that will raise eyebrows. This reluctance has led defenses in the NBL to often go under screens to dare him to shoot.

How Hampton's game translates to the NBA is definitely a bit of a question mark. ... R.J. Hampton has had the opportunity to train with Memphis Grizzlies guard Ja Morant.

We present them here for purely educational purposes. LaMelo Ball walked away with the more stuffed stat-sheet, but R.J. Hamtpon did his job and made sure his team won’t end Round 9 of the 2019-20 NBL season at the bottom of the ladder. Press J to jump to the feed. JUL 23, 2020 - Thunder guard Terrance Ferguson knew R.J. Hampton long before he was considered a 2020 lottery prospect. Presently, he lacks upper body strength to hold his position defensively as well as the ability to finish and draw fouls. Sources: Hampton cleared; LaMelo remains out, Source: Lottery prospect Hampton out 4 weeks. Very good in drive and kick situations when attacking the baseline. We need shooters, guys that can create their own shot. Playmaking potential. Gotta love the hustle.