via gingersnapcrafts, This headboard is really fun.

This rectangular headboard boasts a handsome softly-peaked center and is supported with a plywood frame. A little bit here and there and finally I had it completed.”, In the end, Lisa says that she is still amazed by how it all turned out. You can pair a wooden headboard with a wooden chest at the foot of your bed and plush rugs. Buy top selling products like INK+IVY Sonoma Queen Wooden Headboard in Natural and Powell Reia Full/Queen Headboard in White/Rustic Oak. I'm still unpacking from my glorious trip to Savannah with my best friend.

This solid wood headboard is a surefire way to welcome some slow-down country ease into your well-made bedroom. New (never used), Wood headboard. Extra-tall headboards work well in rooms with cathedral ceilings. The table is going to be just under 6′ in length and about 37″ wide. I think I saved a couple hundred bucks doing it myself. I have people constantly saying they want to put in orders. That’s how I got comfortable with power tools.”. Beds are also the main decorative piece of any bedroom.

This roughhewn wood is formed into a slat styled headboard.

As far as finding the time to complete this project, Lisa says that even though she was busy with work she still found time to chip away at it in between shifts. The lodge-inspired Progressive Furniture Willow Slat Panel Headboard will give your room a warm, rustic quality that is the very image of comfort. Your email address will not be published. Some of the technologies we use are necessary for critical functions like security and site integrity, account authentication, security and privacy preferences, internal site usage and maintenance data, and to make the site work correctly for browsing and transactions. I also added some notches and scratches so it looked like mill marks. She wired the two lights together into one circuit and then installed a small switch so she could turn the lamps on and off without unplugging them. You’re seeing this ad based on the product’s relevance to your search query. You don’t want wood that will be too heavy because it would be hard to anchor. I numbered the boards at the back in order from top to bottom, then flipped them over so I could attach the legs.” Lisa says that the legs don’t need to be stained, but you could if you want to, especially if you have gaps in your wood that would show the legs in behind. The whole piece was white-washed and evened out as a finishing touch. Lisa: “It’s a pretty high price to pay if you make a mistake with electrical… I didn’t do it alone.

She likes this colour because it’s not too dark and not too light and brings out the wood grain really nicely. The uneven boards placed vertically give it a fantastic shape and texture, while the two lamps at the ends provide light in the absense of actual bedside tables. In order to give you the best experience, we use cookies and similar technologies for performance, analytics, personalisation, advertising, and to help our site function. He was always there to make sure I was safe. Dark Walnut Headboard Queen Size Stain, Hanger Style, Handcrafted. It was then decorated with fairy lights and complemented by a matching floating side table suspended from the ceiling. The Edison bulbs were about $9 each – they’re specialty bulbs but you buy them for the aesthetic look. Rustic Tufted Linen Headboard - Safavieh. The boards are arranged unevenly in height, which adds a more rustic feel to the overall piece. Made to order! She says, “it’s inexpensive, easy to find and you can distress it to make it your own. “She was always doing stuff on her own so she always had my brother and I involved in those projects,” she says. Shop our best selection of Rustic & Western Headboards to reflect your style and inspire your bedroom. The effect is enhanced by decorations like the banner and the hat with what looks like twigs or horns coming from it. In some spots the stain really penetrated and in other areas it barely went in at all.” For this project, Lisa used a Dark Walnut stain colour by Minwax. Shop for rustic headboards at Bed Bath & Beyond.

She then used pieces of an old bedsheet to wipe off all the excess stain. If you are interested in pursuing this goal or have questions, comments or suggestions, Lisa welcomes you to contact her via email or you can leave a message in the comments section below. Wood Headboard - Made to order for Sale in Jacksonville, FL - OfferUp. We've sent you an email to confirm your subscription. Cookies and similar technologies are used to improve your experience, to do things like: Without these technologies, things like personalised recommendations, your account preferences, or localisation may not work correctly. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2020, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. “It’s surprising to think that it went from looking at a Pinterest picture and then tweaking and learning as I went, to using past knowledge I learned from my grandfather, my mom and my dad. The whole piece was stained before it was installed, and then it was decorated with a rose banner and a sign directly above. via liveyourgoals DIY Rustic Wood Headboard … Lisa used a matte finish clear coat and only used one application. Shipping & Pickup.