Got the concept and was on my way. were in his secret recipe. I freaking loved this recipe! Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes. Add chicken to skillet in a single layer, don't overcrowd. Melt shortening and butter in a 9x13-inch baking dish in the preheating oven. It disappeared quickly! His recipe also had, literally, 11 herbs and spices. © Copyright 2006-2020 soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Congrats! Amount is based on available nutrient data. I too omitted the butter and shortening only because I didn't read the recipe while I made the chx. Home Recipes Ingredients Meat & Poultry Chicken. —Lola Clifton, Vinton, Virginia. My family loves this and it's simply a matter of changing the seasonings to get an entirely new flavour. We like to call this our starter chicken recipes. First thing, go the extra step and use real buttermilk. I recall Colonel Sanders saying how many spices (12?) I crushed what I had left over with a mallet and added 1/2 cup of flour seasoning salt pepper thyme....deeeelish. Keep oil mixture in the oven while preparing remaining ingredients. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. https://www.tasteofhome.com/recipes/best-ever-fried-chicken I did not rate this recipe because my son made a "copy cat" KFC chicken that was a great match. Only used the oil. Season with salt and pepper; seal and … Add comma separated list of ingredients to exclude from recipe. I don't know what this recipe tastes like. Over high-heat, heat about 1-1/2 inch of vegetable oil in a black cast iron skillet. 1 T veg oil 1 T milk no corn meal no tarragon panko and ital. Once melted, pour enough vegetable oil into the baking dish until oil is about 1/2-inch deep. Once you have mastered these techniques, give your fried chicken recipe your own unique flavor by testing different combination of herbs and spices.eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'soulfoodandsoutherncooking_com-banner-1','ezslot_6',109,'0','0'])); Appetizers, Beans, Beef, Beverages, Bread, Breakfast, Cakes, Cajun, Casseroles, Chicken, Cookbooks, Crockpot, Desserts, Diabetic, Dinners, Fish, Pies, Pork, Rice, Seafood, Side Dishes, Smothered Cooking, Soups, Salads, Vegetables, Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, About, Contact. Didn't turn out light brown, I think to much paprika in flour mixture. This chicken recipe is well suiting for someone who has never fried chicken before, someone who is looking to have an immediate impact. You saved Easy Oven-Fried Chicken to your. I'm not going to give his source because I don't want to do a plug for anyone. I still enjoy this method. If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Season with salt and pepper; seal and shake bag to mix. When I was growing up, my parents had a farm, and every year, Dad would hire teenage boys to help by haying time. Set chicken aside for cooking. eval(ez_write_tag([[336,280],'soulfoodandsoutherncooking_com-box-4','ezslot_5',108,'0','0']));Also, here are the steps to preparing your whole chicken for frying. Have done this twice in one week .. in the buttermilk. If you choose to try this variation, omit the salt in the recipe. But the one my son used was spot on. I loved this but I did tweek it a little. My Mom always used corn flakes in place of the crackers. As a general rule, cook chicken for about 15 minutes on each side and wings and legs takes he least amount of time to cook. For many years, I just added a spice packet from the Italian dressing. This is my recipe of choice to give to those folks who are new to cooking, so that they can have some success in the kitchen. This is my recipe of choice to give to those folks who are new to cooking, so that they can have some success in the kitchen.eval(ez_write_tag([[300,250],'soulfoodandsoutherncooking_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_0',122,'0','0'])); There's nothing more frustrating than trying your hardest and the food just doesn't turn out as expected. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. This is the reason the chicken is is soaked .overnight. (adsbygoogle = window.adsbygoogle || []).push({});Yes you can create fried chicken with this easy 3 step fried chicken recipe. Maybe 1/2 tsp of thyme, Crispy, juicy and perfectly seasoned, this really is the best fried chicken recipe, ever. Drop 1 or 2 pieces of chicken into bag at a time and shake until meat is coated. In an electric skillet or deep fryer, heat oil to 375°. Dip chicken in flour mixture to coat all sides; shake off excess. Mix dry ingredients in brown paper or plastic bag. But no worries with this recipe. It was VERY GOOD .. Reduce heat to medium and cook uncovered until meat is browned on both sides. Practice, practice, practice and more practice is key to cooking perfection. I'm sure you'll have fun experimenting with this Southern Fried Chicken Recipe. Very good .. I would turn it up a bit under the broiler next time. This recipe provided courtesy of https://www.soulfoodandsoutherncooking.com/. I didn't see the need for shortening butter and oil so I settled on butter only but followed the rest of the recipe as written and was happy with the moist flavorful chicken. I did use buttermilk in place of milk & Johnny's seasoning in place of salt .. First time I have cooked chicken this way & the wife & I loved it ..