amzn_assoc_search_bar = "true"; 6 Inch One Layer Cake for Two. An easy pound cake with German, or semi sweet chocolate chips. Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 25 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Repeat until all frosting and cake are gone. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In large bowl, combine cake mix, water, 3 eggs, oil and 1/3 cup sweetened condensed milk. You can learn more about me here, or check out my recipe archives here. The frosting did take about 20 minutes to thicken but had a wonderful flavor. #chocolate cake, chocolate snack cake, nine inch chocolate snack cake, nine inch snack cake. German Chocolate Cake with brown sugar and coconut topping. .Chocolate Cake with Peanut Butter Frosting, 1/3 cup coarsely chopped sweet baking chocolate, One – 12 1/4 ounce jar caramel ice cream topping, room temperature. Spread the coconut and pecans in a single layer on a cookie sheet. We start the recipe by greasing a 9 inch round cake pan. It takes a little extra time, but is well worth the effort. Even shipped it to him in Korea when he was stationed there in the army. Add the egg and vanilla to the bowl and beat until the ingredients are well combined. Wow, thank you so much! I made the mistake of inverting the cake before frosting it. The rest will go to neighbors, and that’s not a bad thing, we love sharing, but sometimes all you want is a good small chocolate cake. I added 3T brown sugar and cooked and constantly stirred for about 11min. Your email address will not be published. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. I will make again and again! Come take a look at Bunny’s Warm Oven! My children are grown now and I’m a Gramma .I live along the Kentucky River with my husband Paul.I hope you visit Bunny’s Warm Oven and take with you some tasty recipes that catch your eye. Place the flour, sugar, cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt in another medium bowl, stir the ingredients to combine them. After the butter has melted, stir the cocoa into the butter. You’re going to be very pleasantly surprised. Frosting needs to be doubled barely enough to frost a 9x13 cake. Info. It was a huge hit! I was a little disappointed in the frosting flavor. This cake is amazing. I used at least 1 full cup of coconut though and at least 1 cup of walnuts. Place the caramel ice cream topping, coconut and pecans in a medium bowl. I will add it to my "favorites". Decorate with Cream Cheese Frosting, or omit the coconut and pecans and decorate with German Chocolate Cake Frosting. Powered by the ESHA Research Database © 2018, ESHA Research, Inc. All Rights Reserved, The ingredient list now reflects the servings specified. The coconut and pecan frosting is deliciously dreamy. © Homemade In The Kitchen. Remove the cake from the oven to a cooling rack to cool completely. BEST Chocolate Cake Ever! Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture and beat for 2 minutes. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Copyright 2014 Bunny's Warm Oven All Rights Reserved | Privacy Policy.