Clairee Belcher: That which does not kill us, makes us stronger. And Daddy always says, An ounce of pretension is worth a pound of manure. I'm a chain!! They'd probably make me eat a live chicken! I can literally give you the exact date of the happiest day of my life (so far). ¾ tsp. Jackson left. And it's a real good idea. I realize as a woman how lucky I am! Drum

Company Credits [Annelle goes over to Jack Jr. to play with him], M'Lynn: Maybe l should have an emotional outburst more often. This whole thing has gotten outta hand. You just tease it and make it look like a brown football helmet. Truvy: I love those kinda talks in the arms of the man you love! Using an unfrosted cake, slice a 1 inch segment for the head. Annelle: Miss M'Lynn, I don't mean to upset you by sayin' that. Shelby. You need a radio. It's awful!! © 2020 Biography and the Biography logo are registered trademarks of A&E Television Networks, LLC. Steel Magnolias, really? [Ouiser slices him the tail piece of an armadillo cake]. Run on down!! Truvy: I have a strict policy that nobody cries alone in my presence. Shelby: Mama, I wish you'd get off Daddy's back. She'll be all right. Yes, yes, yes, yes. Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion. Yes really. She's gonna have a baby!!

15 of 26 Colorful Quotes From Steel Magnolias 16 of 26 "You can't screw up her hair. [Jack Jr., having heard Clairee's story, gets scared, then starts to cry, then he hits Ouiser! Shelby: Worse the cake part is red velvet cake. But l just like the idea of growing old with somebody. Annelle: Excuse me. M'Lynn: Let's get in the swing, shall we? This is the eighties. Annelle: We'll talk about uncomfortable when you're nine months pregnant, okay? Ouiser: You are evil, and you must be destroyed.Clairee: Mother Nature's taking care of that faster than you could. Once upon a time, there was a beautiful young gal named Shelby. She worships the quicksand l walk on. 6 tbsp. Shelby: Jackson said: Shelby, don't be stupid. Ouiser Boudreaux: Oh! 6 tbsp. ¾ tsp. There was no noise. Ouiser Boudreaux: Yes, Annelle, I pray! cider vinegar Lay flat in front of frosted cake. Hold on! Ouiser: But I feel bad, Clairee. Ouiser Boudreaux Ouiser Boudreaux: I'm pleasant. We worked it all out.

Have your roots done. [slight laugh] I find it amusin'.. men are supposed to be made outta steel or somethin. This one was not bad at all. You should never say something like that to a woman who's marinating fifty pounds of crab claws. Nothin' like a good piece of ass.

Photo: Tri Star Pictures/Album/Alamy Photo. and Stop that! Don't you talk to me like that! Drum : Ouiser, can we call a truce long enough for me to get a piece of cake? The Antilley family is sellin' KPPD! Steel Magnolias has a painfully beautiful moment as well. Drum and l have been plannin' to talk to your husband about buildin' a room on to our house. But the scene stealing was between the bride's father, Drum, and neighbor Ouiser. For our wedding, we had an armadillo.

Shelby: Worse the cake part is red velvet cake. Yes really. Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window), Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window), Headless Horseman Cupcakes for The Legend of Sleepy Hollow, Big Kahuna Burger Cookies for Pulp Fiction, Election Cookies for The American President, Red Velvet Armadillo cake for Steel Magnolias, Toasted Marshmallow Cupcakes with “Slimer Curd” for Ghostbusters. ", "I can usually spot a bottle job at 20 paces. ", Southern Living is part of the Meredith Home Group. Come back!! Something else it isn't short on? That cake became a huge topic of contention, since the red velvet made it look bloody and scary. No, here you go. I have to admit that this wasn't just gory and decorative, the cake itself was … Knock her lights out, M'Lynn! Delicious gluten-free recipes using everyday, in-season ingredients. Clairee Belcher: Ouiser, I'd recognize this penmanship anywhere. Oh God! Get off my…[Clairee falls off the bench] Good, now sit!! Clairee: Here! As heartbreaking as it is I can’t bring myself to turn away from the brilliant performance by Sally Field fighting through unbearable grief. Ouiser: It's not your fault, M'Lynn. There, I said it, I hope you're satisfied.

Be sure to share on social media and tag me if you make it @ashleemariecakes! Simply mix together flour, sugar, and fruit cocktail, and bake until golden brown.

Jackson wanted a cake in the shape of an armadillo. Official Sites Well, at least he hung on through the state playoffs. Gotta get rid of some birds!!

Shelby: Truvy, you know what you need in here? Finally we realized there was no hope. Ouiser Boudreaux: Drum, eat shit and die. But l just like the idea of growing old with somebody. Clairee: Ya think so? if you decide to get rid of em, I'll buy em from ya. Clairee Belcher: All gay men have track lightin'. ", "There, my secret is out. [begins to cry], M'Lynn: [crying] I'm fine, I'm fine, I'm fine.

Together these ladies celebrate the life-affirming power that love and friendship can have over the blessings and tragedies of life.