All information on this page was submitted to South Carolina Haunted Houses and was believed to be accurate at the time it was posted. In the South Carolina city of Charleston sits a beautiful, 17,000-square-foot mansion immersed in history, luxury, and exquisite design.

Disclaimer: South Carolina Haunted Houses does not endorse or support trespassing to visit real haunts.

Tell Us About Your Experience(s) at Talvande Mansion - Swords Gate House. It also boasts priceless historical value —the home represents the best of Federal Era design and was owned at one point by a granddaughter of President Abraham Lincoln.

The Sword Gate House is one of the oldest and most expensive mansions in Charleston, South Carolina, with a whopping $16 million price tag. Have You Been To This Haunt? ; It's more than 200 years old and has nine bedrooms and 13 fireplaces. Welcome to the quicker server . Before you visit ANY local real haunt, make sure to acquire the appropriate permits and/or permissions, and be respectful of privately owned properties. Countless Haunt Hunters have been arrested, ticketed, and reprimanded by the authorities for trespassing. Legare Street is named for goldsmith Solomon Legare “the Huguenot,” who built the first house on this property. Sign up for our newsletter and receive Halloween event updates, discounts and more! No profanity.

Subscriber Details: Tell Us About Your Experience(s) at Talvande Mansion - Swords Gate House. © 2008-2020 SouthCarolinaHauntedHouses.com. Yes No Not Sure. Baldur's Socials & Support. Will NOT be displayed. Share Your Experience or Comments - Talvande Mansion - Swords Gate House. Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World BGTSCC Discussion Forum, Server Address: game.bgtscc.net21 / 96Last heartbeat: 2020-11-11 18:13:28Last counter update: 2020-11-11 18:14:14, Moderators: Moderator, Associate Dev, Developer, Quality Control, DM, Unread post Legend has it that a prisoner held captive in the fortified manor house escaped, and the proprietor, Lord Hope, gave chase. Subscribe to our daily newsletter to get more of it. A leading-edge research firm focused on digital transformation. Courtesy of Handsome Properties; Wikimedia Commons; Business Insider. This private home once served as a prestigious boarding school for young women. It also boasts priceless historical value —the home represents the best of Federal Era design and was owned at one point by a granddaughter of President Abraham Lincoln. Repairs were done by the new ownership. The Sword Gate House is a historic house in Charleston, South Carolina Built in stages, the main portion of the house is believed to have been built around 1803, possibly by French Huguenots James LaRoche and J. Lardent.

Like what you see here? Last edit to this listing: 11/9/2016 (1463 days ago). I believe that the Sword-Gate Inn is still in operation, but under different management than perhaps you remember. It's more than 200 years old and has nine bedrooms and 13 fireplaces. by DarnathS » Tue Oct 09, 2018 4:59 pm, Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited, It Does What It Says on the Tin: Resolved Issues, the tane brother (4 of them) were trying ous theet on the 3 level of the haunted house, i got kill by the chaos end appear in the fugue, nothing to worry, my brother (Narcomed) try to pick up my corps while he was running to raise me at the second flloor and our 3 brother (a men at arm ) protect him whit is ability to protect the lord (not sure of the name ) they both die (kill by the chaos magic) the men at arm appear in the fugue near me but ous brother (narcomed) was stuck dead (-13 hp) but did not appear in the fugue he as my body in his bag we try to heal him, raise him to no avail, he try deco reconection to see then my body apear next to me in the fugues and event that did not liberate him from this state of frozen dead, that is true i have see that before i told DM Gargoyle the other day about a party member was kill she have -25 and her bodie was gone but some how she come back maybe i have take a screen shot about this, our brother(player ID narcomed) was also under a bigby spell when the spell that killed him was cast so that might also affect things, Baldur's Gate : The Sword Coast Chronicles, ↳   The 1356 (2020) Campaign - Year of the Worm.

The home, known as The Sword Gate House, is more than 200 years old and is currently on the market for $16 million. After the young woman's escape, madame Talvande increased her surveillance, ensuring that such a scandal would never occur a second time. Would you recommended to a friend? Let us know! A must-see for downtown tourists, the Sword Gate House has been on and off the market for more than a decade. by Danzaki » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:43 am, Unread post

Be specific. The headmistress was incredibly strict, especially after one of the girls slipped away and eloped with a young man. Neverwinter Nights 2 Persistent World BGTSCC Discussion Forum. Before the lot left the family in 1803, his descendants had become wealthy plantation owners and commission merchants.

Please report any inaccuracies. Do not use all capital letters. South Carolina's Halloween Entertainment Guide™. Sword Gate House. All rights reserved.

since. Be specific. Skip to content. Happy haunting!

Account active Looking for smart ways to get more from life? The house replaced a simpler house that was shown on a plat in 1803.

This large U-shaped house was built in at least four stages. Server Address: game.bgtscc.net 19 / 96 Last heartbeat: 2020-09-26 12:27:03 Last counter update: 2020-09-26 12:28:24.

After Hurricane Hugo a number of years back, the Inn needed a lot of repair. She can be seen checking the rooms late at night, making sure no one has run off into the darkness. by Lockonnow » Tue Oct 09, 2018 2:33 pm, Unread post Yes No Not Sure. Administrative use only. Bear Lake Realty first listed it in April 2009 for $23 million. Founded in 2008, SouthCarolinaHauntedHouses.com is a simple and unique online haunted event & attraction resource created to make it easy for locals to find Haunted House, Spook Walk, Corn Maze, and other Halloween Attractions in their local area. It is believed that Talvande's ghost still haunts the property. DONATE more info Wiki Unread posts New posts Your posts … Email Address: Administrative use only. Real Haunt Listing Info. Baldur's Gate : The Sword Coast Chronicles : NWN2 Persistent World. To avoid this, be sure to get in touch with the property owners before visiting a haunt, and respect their hours of operation, local regulations, and rules for visiting at all times. Sword Gate House received its name in 1849 when its second owner, British Consul George Hopley, purchased a second set of iron “sword motif” gates that The City of Charleston had originally commissioned for the police station. Visitors to this page: 308 Have a haunt/halloween related news story or a tip? Spying a running figure in the shadows, the Lord ran him through with his sword, tragically killing his own son by mistake. The Sword Gate House is a different, but adjacent house … Yes No Not Sure.

Source: Handsome Properties and Town and Country.