I've always wanted to make a crepe cake and yours is fabulous! Either way would have been great. And make new dinner items. Grease and dust pan with cocoa powder. quick question, when taking the the crepes out of the pan did you just put them all on one plate or did you separate them while they were cooling? Ingredients: 12 (almonds .. amaretto .. chips .. cream .. cream. Stir in nuts and chocolate chips. Know someone who would make a great member of CookEatShare? Or more appropriately… How to Make the Best of a Messed Up Cake. But I did use a Chocolate icing and added 1 tablespoon Amaretto to it. Photo 2 is my attempt at making the cake in an 18cm loose bottomed cake tin.

what kind of cream do i nead to use in the Crêpes recepie? And I love the chocolate-amaretto! Triple chocolate amaretto cake recipe. I love the colors, it's like a sepia. Oh Heather this is heavenly!

169 Here's their directions for a layered cake tho: If you can't take the vegetable oil - use butter. Put together cake mix, pudding mix, large eggs, lowfat sour cream, oil, amaretto and mayonnaise in a large bowl.

Nonstick vegetable oil spray I suppose it's just taste. Do you really use three different creams, one for each part of this recipe? This is a very time consuming and tedious recipe.

Both are flat, contain ground almonds and are rich and chocolatey but I think this cake is more interesting because of the Amaretto and it's a bit quicker to make. I have on my site, again those are in my amaretto recipes Brush a 9 or 10 inch skillet with melted butter and place over medium heat until butter just starts to smoke. The flavors were really great, though I did leave out a tbsp of amaretto in the whipping cream based on an above comment that indicated it was flavored too heavily towards that end. Amazing. I'd bake. This cake looks to die for! They somehow always look so beautiful.This looks divine! Place 1 cake layer on platter. I want to eat my computer screen right now. AMARETTO CHOCOLATE CAKE This chocolate amaretto cakee is part of my And pretty much fresh pear and cherry salad with vanilla pear vinaigrette ... stuffed pork tenderloin with shiitake mushroom sauce . Dust with powdered sugar or serve with whipped cream. This is beautiful. I hope I get the gumption to one day try this, it looks so good. It was happy. I find no information. Reply. I've never made a crepe cake but this one is to die for.. Now I've craving amaretto and chocolate too! Back to the top of the chocolate amaretto cake recipe. Beat on medium speed till smooth (about 2 min). complimenti, un bacio :)ps: ho realizzato un nuovo concorso "Fashion Food": in premio 100 euro di shopping! View mobile site I appreciate your comment and hope it will help someone struggling with this recipe. A deeply rich, dark and moist chocolate cake topped with fresh vanilla cream. My dad has a recipe for crepes and I always have a craving for them. Let rest 1 minute before removing pan. Terms of Use I just made this cake for my in laws wedding anniversary. I first saw something like this from Martha Stewart years ago and I've been intrigued. She wanted to bake a cake for me – chocolate of course with chocolate chips – and was already to decorate it and surprise me. Photo 2 is my attempt at making the cake in an 18cm loose bottomed cake tin. She cooked that recipe for thirty years. I don't even particularly LIKE crepe cake, but want to make this anyway just because it is so strikingly gorgeous. You tell HH for me that he is one lucky man to have his wife makes his dreams come true.

But it turned out to be one big laugh. I have always been fascinated by crepe cakes and your photos sealed the deal. Jetzt ausprobieren mit ♥ Chefkoch.de ♥. DIRECTIONS Preheat oven to 350°F Spray three 9-inch-diameter cake pans with 1 1/2-inch-high sides with nonstick spray.

AMARETTO CHOCOLATE CAKE . Spike holes and pour over while warm. Cake looks gorgious!! xo ~lili. Put together cake mix, pudding mix, large eggs, lowfat sour cream, oil, amaretto and mayonnaise in a large bowl. I was happy my kids were excited But to the point, they originally had this cheers!..TREK.. This looks devine. |

This looks gorgeous!How do you manage to keep your crepe cake so levelled?I recently tried my hands on make a crepe cake and it turned out slightly domed.I think it also has to do with the fact that my crepes were thinner along the edges since you swirl the batter in the pan. Then line the bottoms with parchment paper. This is just beautiful. I'm making the crepes now and it seems it'll end up hitter than I expect.

Also I used smaller pan, and only end up with 13 crepes, which seemed to be thinner than yours. Vivamus condimentum, demention nulla mi congue orci ivamus condimentum. You will get your private online COOKBOOK for free! Gosh your hubs has some great ideas and I am happy to see you followed through with his dreams :).

Yep. The frosting worked great.

Question for you... how did it turn out so even? It says something different in each part of the recipe, but I believe they are all meant to be heavy whipping cream.2. I have told you this before, but you make the most incredible cakes I have ever seen.I love crepes but I'm not sure I'm going to try this one. I think it's neat that your husband dreamt about this cake and you made it a reality for him. Grease and dust pan with cocoa pwdr. Thanks for the feedback - it's very helpful!xo. I have made holiday Gâteau cakes with thin layers of sponge - can't wait to try making a crepe cake! Place pan on the stove eye and cook until the surface of the crepe loses most of its glossiness and the top is set. Author Network Blog. But I do hope to make one some day. Delicious! Hi Mandyj78, I didn't leave anything out of the filling. Thank you for all that you do! tnx, It depends on the ingredient - here's a link to some baking conversions to grams. It just starts there, and then if all the desserts i dreamed of turned out looking like this, I would bake more often :). ... large bowl except chocolate chips. And I just wanted to say, as a perfectionist, it was nice to not have to have the crepes all exactly perfect. the amaretto because they called for almond extract (in everything). just a a heads up to any readers who are making it for a special occasion. * Prepare frosting while cake cools completely. It's absolutely gorgeous. I love booze in food.

I feel compelled to feature you in my Friday Food Fetish roundup and on Pinterest. You are so incredibly talented!! Add the butter and sugar to the processor and b… I go into a sort of trance at the sheer beauty of it. I tried making one of Martha's crepe cakes ones before. I definitely want to try making this. * 2 cups semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips . 3 large … ;)Por cierto, me encanta tu blog! Ghirardelli® Triple Chocolate Truffle Cake, Ghirardelli® Individual Chocolate Lava Cakes, Ghirardelli® Chocolate and Orange Mousse Cake. Maybe next cherry season, you could cook up fresh cherries in simple syrup and use that in lieu of maraschino... to get the full dream effect of course. It's chilling in the frig until I serve it. Let stand at room temperature until set.

Maybe your almond extract was stronger than my garden variety grocery brand. Recent recipes This comment has been removed by the author. ;). Sending love from Canberra Australia.Love Jem. as fall approaches, Copyright © 2009-2014 www.italian-dessert-recipes.com Lisa Gianotti.

Just...amazing. Spread 1/3 cup frosting over. Swirl the batter with the pan lifted over the stove eye until the bottom is coated with a thin layer of batter. I made this last week and it turned out fabulous.I made it all at one time, going slowly taking my time. That's not to say I haven't made other good chocolate cakes since. have said that in her younger years! If you are looking for an "amaretto" something - Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Whip until stiff peaks form. yours looks absolutely perfect! I'm planning to make one for my boyfriend but the thing is, I dont know if amaretto liqueur is available in the market here in philippines. Combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, sour cream, oil, amaretto and mayonnaise in a large ... serve with whipped cream. I would resort to the same. The cake ended up dome shaped, but it tastes wonderful. How do you do what you do? Wow.

That Mr. Baird is a real dreamy guy.....oh, and the cake is dreamy too. 1 1/3 cups water I'll be patiently waiting for my slice, fork in hand. This recipe is truly blowing my mind :) YUUMM! But it's really big on flavor, so I didn't mind so much. What a simply beautiful cake...mmm would love a slice. I have grown up children now and grand children. Devils Food cake mix - 1 (4 oz.) And it should be stored in the refrigerator until ready for use.http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Grand-Marnier-Crepe-Cake-241754, Found this recipe on Pinterest.

who convinced me, "There's nothing wrong with cake mixes." I may have to try this, it sounds SO yummy! I almost tasted your crepe cake while reading your blog. I would recommend making it in a springform pan and freezing it if you need to transport it at all. I wasn't serving company and trying to make a big presentation. I love crepe cakes, I just made a lemon curd one on the weekend.

Using a pastry brush, very lightly coat the crepe with chocolate ganache while it is still thin (if ganache begins to set, you can gently heat it in the microwave at 20 second intervals).

Is there anyway you can ship it out instead :) YUM!! Spread remaining frosting over top and sides of cake. Pour into pan. It does form stiff peaks. I've never heard of a crepe cake until now, but it looks pretty good! I might use different sort of filling next time. I used heavy whipping cream for all three parts.

Add the amaretto liqueur one tablespoon at a time, and then add the almond extract. I find that the cake sinks and cracks a lot but almost never gets a frilly edge. Or add 4-6 egg whites. It's a moist, rich, and decadent dessert that will impress your guests and will satisfy every chocolate craving!

AMARETTO CHOCOLATE CAKE I'm not that heavy of a froster but I'll look at the layers when I cut into it and see if it looks like some were too thick with filling.3. I live in NZ and the "heaviest" cream I could find here was 38%, when I added the other ingredients it was just too liquid y, and when I am assembling it the cream was just pouring out from the layers of crepes. A supremely rich chocolate brownie cake.

Stir 3 tablespoons of Amaretto liqueur into the melted chocolate and butter, then with the mixer still on low, slowly pour the melted chocolate into the cake batter until all the ingredients have fully combined.

I think my kitchen was too hot since I was also working on some canning projects and cooking the dinner while assembling this cake. I love that you made such a beautiful one without the *fancy* crepe pan. The sugar content is fairly low (in my opinion) for a cake. I think you were supposed to make this for me! my first cake ever!i made it on christmas dayit worked exactly as you saidi think with a double or triple thick crepe it will be easier and taller and less dominated by chocolateand a little lighteri will stick with this cake until i make it my ownthank you so muchsteve tobin (artist). Triple chocolate kuchen - Wir haben 22 schöne Triple chocolate kuchen Rezepte für dich gefunden! Samin Nosrat's Midnight Chocolate Cake is phenomenal but for taste and convenience nothing rivals this trusty Chocolate Amaretto Cake. Finally added egg whites to get a crepe cake fluffy filling. He would end up with drips on the stove top once in a while, but really not often now that I think about it. Looks. Used heavy whipping cream. You are well loved by your fellow food lovers and bloggers. How funny - I've been dreaming of crepe cakes too!! Beat 2 minutes with ... 3. Great post! The filling wasn't the right consistency, and tasted way too sweet with the tsp of almond extract and amaretto. Thanks for the great recipe!! Beat on medium speed until smooth (about 2 minutes).