Just wondering how many calories in a serving? Since then all types of curry powders and pastes are usually a staple in my kitchen cupboards. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table. Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. We really liked this dish. What a great idea to switch it up! Glad I could change your mind, Jessica! Learn More About Me. This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Set oven rack about 6 inches from the heat source and preheat the oven's broiler. Insane! (Alternatively combine cauliflower with 2 cups water in a medium saucepan, cook until tender, drain … And mashed potato would be equally delicious on this. Because this recipe is proof that vegetarian meals can be satisfying. Vegetarian Shepherd's Pie with Mashed Cauliflower, Congrats! The flavors in your filling sound so good!! This is probably going to be on the top of my list to make again. I changed the cauliflower for potatoes. Cook until turkey is no longer pink and has absorbed most of the liquid in the skillet, about 15 minutes. I’m so glad you enjoyed it . If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Drain well. Learn how your comment data is processed. To make the topping, drain the cooked cauliflower. Awesome, Merchon!! Mix with reserved rice for added texture. Will definitely make again, but the cauliflower topping is quite bland. After trying all the curries in Thailand I became obsessed with them. Place marinated veggies on large baking sheet and roast 15 minutes. This looks and sounds amazing! . I added some vegan crumbly cheese to the cauliflower and some sriracha to the lentil stew as we like things on the spicy side. I’m so glad you’ve enjoyed it. I will definitely make it again. The British classic gets a vegetarian makeover with mushrooms and cauliflower. Being a diabetic I’m always looking for ideas to take carbs out of my diet so well done!! This is a quick and easy dinner which doesn’t compromise on flavor. But as soon as snow hits the ground, I’m ready for hearty comfort food, how about you? Cook and stir until liquid has thickened and coats the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes. Crumble in the meatless taco and mix in the water, tomato paste, and Dijon mustard. Sometimes you just have to go for it!! Cook cauliflower rice in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until hot, about 5 minutes. Add the soya sauce, tomato, chilli, smoked paprika and cook on high for 5 minutes then reduce heat to low and simmer. Wash the cauliflower and cut into thin slices and florets.

mushrooms, grape tomatoes, Brussel sprouts, carrots, and red onion marinated.*. Boil cauliflower for 10 minutes and drain.

When the liquid has nearly evaporated, turn the heat off and let the flavors meld as you make your cauliflower mash. Thanks, Anne! Add almond milk, vegan buttery spread and pulse to a smooth and creamy puree. Now I originally made this recipe when cauliflower was first having its moment and I like developing recipes based on fun new food trends sometimes. Now there’s absolutely nothing wrong with an OG shepherd’s pie but if you’re vegan/vegetarian or maybe just experimenting with adding more plant-based meals to your week, you’re gonna want to add this one to your repertoire. Add thickened mixture back to the pot and whisk in. Nothing cauli can’t do , Thanks, Rebecca! To speed up the prep I used pre-made mashed cauliflower and frozen mixture of carrots onions and celery. Meanwhile bring large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. I love that you used cauli mash instead of potatoes. Im loving the mashed cauliflower in place of the potato, such an awesome idea! I’m a firm believer that food and exercise play a very huge role in our overall health.

Looks amazing, girl. Just make sure that no matter what cauliflower you use, it is well drained. Mince the garlic cloves and add all of the vegetables to the steamer basket. Place cauliflower florets in a steamer basket set over boiling water and steam until tender.

Finally, fold in the thawed peas. Coarsely chop cauliflower and place in a food processor. Cook until vegetables begin to soften, 3 to 5 minutes.

Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe.

I’m a big fan of lentils and mushrooms too.

Still delicious! . Transfer lentil mixture to a 9×13 baking dish or 2 qt baking dish.

Still delicious! The recipe is free of gluten, grains, and dairy.

Therefore it just kind of all made sense to me. Definitely giving it a try! We were barely done dinner when my kids asked when we could have it again. Lay meatless mixture on the bottom. Thanks for sharing! Can you tell me the nutritional value, calories etc? Allrecipes is part of the Meredith Food Group. Add 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese; pulse 2 or 3 times until blended. There are some recipes that just remind you of home and all of the comforts associated with home. Every one loved it. https://stephaniesain.com/vegetarian-shepherds-pie-mashed-cauliflower Cut remaining 1 tablespoon butter into small pieces and dot over the cauliflower. marinated veggies just have way more flavor, using cauliflower makes this a lower carb version, you can use whatever selection of veggies you have available, perfect for an night of the week or even holiday worthy, packed with so many veggies making it a healthy, tasty choice. I’ve committed to being vegan for a week in solidarity with one of my daughters, so this is very well timed! And why I don’t recommend counting calories here: https://karalydon.b.wpstage.net/intuitive-eating/why-counting-calories-doesnt-work-for-weight-loss/. While I might have time on my side, I’ve never been one to spend hours and hours in a kitchen on a home meal, nor do I want to start. Roasted marinated vegetables topped with mashed cauliflower are the perfect dinner. Gently spread the mashed cauliflower mixture over the top. Carefully remove the foil and broil for another 10 minutes, or until nicely browned. I never imagined that shepards pie could be both vegan and delicious! Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). dinner, gluten free, high protein, lentils, low carb, Shepherds pie, vegan recipe, vegetarian shepherds pie.

This vegan lentil shepherd’s pie with mashed cauliflower is so deliciously savory and perfect to enjoy on a cold winter’s night.

But if you want to make this with mashed cauliflower, let me just say, it’s shockingly creamy and satisfying. . It is delicious. . So it kind of worked out perfectly. Learn how your comment data is processed. Lightly spray a 9 x 13 baking dish with olive oil cooking spray. Thanks for the recipe and kudos to David K. who mentioned this recipe on FitBit. This dish is the ultimate comfort food! All the flavors just blended together so well. I love Shepard’s pie, and your twist on it sounds delicious! Making a tasty and nutritious recipe out of ingredients I already have in the fridge…Score . Fore more of a vegetable boost, serve it with a simple side serve of buttered green beans or any other hot vegetable … Add 2 tablespoons of fat and season with salt and pepper. Place in the oven for 20 minutes.

Read More…. Sprinkle with paprika.

So you won’t find any recipes on here with gluten either. Am I taking the lentil mixture out of the pot and adding the cornstarch or arrowroot and then putting it back into the pot? I’m here sharing my vegan recipes, mamma things and my minimalistic life from time to time. Sprinkle with a touch of salt and pepper and cover with foil.

You could also just steam your own cauliflower florets, then mash it yourself. Crumble turkey into the skillet. Add more broth if needed. Thank you for your kind words, Donna!

Once lentils are done cooking, thicken the mixture. Hence you probably want to make sure you marinate these veggies at least several hours. Sprinkle almond flour over the turkey mixture and cook for 1 minute.

This should have the consistency of mashed potato but will be slightly less firm.

Looking for more vegan recipes? Shepards pie has never appealed to me – until now! This is such a great healthy alternative to the traditional Shepherd's Pie and the recipe turned out great! I ve never been a fan of shepherds pie but loved this one with cauliflower mash on top.

Great minds think alike…I made the same thing last weekend for this month’s Recipe Redux- but I added parmesan to my cauli mash and filling is a little different too- love the idea of using parsnips though, I’ll have to try it next time! It’s SCD legal and can easily be made paleo and whole 30 by omitting the peas! Take it out of the oven and top with fresh chive, and serve! *you could actually use any veggies you have on hand but I would recommend marinating them at least a couple hours. Most people won't think twice about serving basic cornbread when is on the table.

Kara, Hi there, I’m Amy and a passionate foodie and vegan of 8 years.

Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese.

Because it reminded me of one of my favorite dishes growing up. Welcome to my Happy Place! But let me be very clear. Any thickener can be used instead of almond flour. Thank you for sharing!!! I’m not sure! Wash down your Shepherd's Pie with Chef Vikki's Lemon Apple Spritzer! Info.

Take a heaping spoonful of the lentil mixture out of the pot and transfer to a separate bowl to which you will mix in the cornstarch or arrowroot and then add that thickened mixture back to the pot to stir. And this recipe spoke to me as I was creating it. Will definitely have to try this the next time a cold front moves in! To assemble, spread the meat mixture on the bottom of the dish.

Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. Raise heat to medium-high. It should freeze OK. Hope you enjoy, Katherine! Main meals including lunches, dinners, wraps, burgers, pizza , pasta, 20minute Vegan Curried Shepherds pie with Cauliflower mash. Definitely trying this :). Used ground beef bc that’s what I had on hand, and I browned it separately, then added it to the veggies. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish. Heat olive oil over low-medium heat in large saucepan or Dutch oven; add carrot and onion. https://karalydon.com/recipes/vegan-shepherds-pie-with-mashed-cauliflower If you have extra time you can put the lentils into a baking tray, add the cauliflower mash and pop into the oven to get a good grill. So true! This version of Shepherd’s Pie is definitely a great alternative!

Very tasty and perfect for low-carbers or keto-dieters! Really liked the ingredients and texture! Broil until cauliflower is light brown, 3 to 4 minutes. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.

One of them trying to be more health conscious and the other was my love for animals. Added xtra sharp white cheddar, black pepper, and green onions to the cauliflower topping. Hope you enjoyed the recipe! Required fields are marked *. But switching up your side dishes can bring a refreshing change to a classic comfort food dish.