But, he is not foolish because he is an atheist, but because he thinks he can get away with bad moral behavior. I’ll explain both below and give you 9 logical reasons why there is no God. by chance perhaps? In Judaism, Jesus is a false prophet, in Islam he’s a prophet but not the final one. See also: gullibility. Religious people, when confronted with a discussion, will often claim that no matter what you do, you can’t prove that God … – Don Hirschberg, God should be executed for crimes against humanity.

– Anonymous, Religion is the opiate of the masses. Since god’s existence is an extraordinary claim, perhaps the most extraordinary claim, proving it requires equally extraordinary evidence. I am a Atheist because i believe that there is no god(s) since though out time people have believe many different things. If we take it to mean that God can do everything he wants to, does that mean he can do the impossible? no need to argue much. Humanism suggests it is to ‘promote human flourishing’. It Doesn't Matter if We Don't Have Reasons to Think It's True. 500 + 1: Bad Answers to a Good Question—Science has a record with as many failures as religions. Non-Cognitive Religious Utterances Produce Beliefs... One of Several Ways to Prove the Negative. No, atheists just look at believers the same way they might look at someone who claims the Earth is flat, or that the Earth is the centre of the universe: delusional. I think that both those statements aren’t necessarily true. – Anonymous, Animals do not have gods, they are smarter than that. Certain knowledge can only be obtained by experience. If such reasoning were actually permissible then one could claim anything imaginable to be real or true if only because it could not be proven false. See also: Trust, Morality and Oxytocin (a must watch), Pair Bonding in animals, Chemical Basis for Love, How Love Works. First, when considering this position, it's important to recognize the difference between complexity and design. – Richard Dawkins, What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof. There are similarly few people who still believe that the earth is flat or the center of the universe despite those also being very popular beliefs at one time. Does that mean there isn’t a bomb in the box? A common attempt to shift the burden of proof or ‘make room’ for a god. I wrote a short e-kindle book that clearly throws god out with the bath water and my Christian wife was unphased. The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but pitiless indifference. Faith is often lauded as a positive quality, but it is, in fact, very intellectually lazy. How is this god going to make a decision to create a universe, let alone create one?

But guess what – your religious wars, jihads, crusades, inquisitions, censoring of free speech, brainwashing of children, murdering of albinos, forcing girls into underage marriages, female genital mutilation, stoning, pederasty, homophobia and rejection of science and reason offend me. Just as miracles are impossible to prove without resorting to unreliable anecdotes, the power of prayer is certainly not supported by science. Our modern understanding of the world comes from the work of these pioneers. Of course, I am only joking. It would show up on an X-ray. While on the face of it, it seems that a God would need to have all these traits in order to be God, in practice it appears that these traits are logically inconsistent and in some cases even in conflict with one another. God could just as easily reward his creations for being skeptical.

Why is it now that we have developed rational inquiry we hear only a deafening silence from a god who once supposedly engaged regularly in human affairs? Secular law, flexible with the shifting moral zeitgeist, has long since superseded religion as a source of moral directives for the majority of developed societies. Athiests simply do not usually exhibit gullibility or credulity. People really need help but may attack you if you do help them. And, the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. In a perfect world, people would be saved from atheism in general, given the fact that atheism is a fictional story that has led to more death, wars, destruction, and pseudoscience then any other belief system for thousands of years. Believing there is no God gives me more room for belief in family, people, love, truth, beauty, sex, Jell-o, and all the other things I can prove and that make this life the best life I will ever have. Does this mean that the effectiveness of vaccines hasn’t been proven? This version is by Mother Theresa.
Both believed at one time by many; but proved wrong by the clever. While it's true that many cultures around the world all hold religious beliefs, those beliefs themselves are widely variable and often at odds with each other. Incoherent: I Believe Because It Makes Me a Moral... Is He Keeping His Distance? If however there really was a God who is omnipresent and who wishes us to know about Him, why has our understanding of this God not improved over time? (they aren’t). It doesn’t frighten me.” – Richard Feynman. Both are examples of negative statements which we can show to be true by simple experiment. You’re not an expert in them, so you can’t say they don’t. Atheism is a cry of despair”, “Yes an atheist priest can perfectly minister to a believing congregation and miracles can happen in that congregation. Third, it is difficult to know the direction of the causal arrow in these cases.

All cups are green. If I have a thing called a soul that needed saving, then science saved it from religion.”. Does this mean that we don’t know the shape of the Earth? The failure to disprove something does not constitute proof of its existence. The New Testament, as a whole, contains many internal inconsistencies as a result of its piecemeal construction and is factually incorrect on several historical claims, such as the early existence of Nazareth, the reign of Herod and the Roman census. 8. Buddhism, which is fully compatible with atheism, suggests it is to “focus on the human potential to overcome suffering and achieve peacefulness”. If God is seen as a self in a world of his own, an ego that relates to a thought, a cause separate from its effect. Sam Harris has advocated something he calls “conversational intolerance.” For too long, a confusion about religious tolerance has led people to look the other way and say nothing while people with dangerous religious agendas have undermined science, the public good, and the progress of the human race. Atheism is correlated with higher intelligence: Source 1 Source 2 Source 3 Source 4 Source 5 Source 6 Source 7 Source 8 Source 9. Stalinism and Communism exercised gosateizm (state atheism) based on the ideology of Marxism-Leninism.

If yes, what supports that, according to you? We could not use logic without God.

We have to be all those difficult things like cheerful and kind and curious and patient, and we’ve got to study and think and work hard, all of us, and then together we’ll build the Republic of Heaven.” – Philip Pullman, Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. – Joss Whedon, “God is Dead; but given the way of men, there may still be caves for thousands of years in which his shadow will be shown. Richard Dawkins, author of The Blind Watchmaker, The God Delusion, and other important books. – George W. Foote, On the first day, man created God. Any ‘evidence’ proposed by theists to support the Bible’s various historical and supernatural claims is non-existent at best, manufactured at worst. – Anonymous, There’s a small worm called Loa Loa Filariasis. to wake people up? We are the custodians of life’s meaning.

Reciprocacy, altruism and other so-called ‘moral’ characteristics are evident in many species [2]. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.” – Stephen F Roberts, “A lie is a lie even if everyone believes it. By our very nature, we are limited beings while God, by His nature, is not a limited being. This parasite lives underneath the skin and inside the eyes of human beings. Religious people, when confronted with a discussion, will often claim that no matter what you do, you can’t prove that God doesn’t exist. Josef Stalin, Chairman Mao, Pol Pot, perhaps Hitler, and their atheistic tyrannies tortured and murdered millions. See also: Atheism is based on faith, Russell’s Teapot.

If there is no God, everything is permitted. No, they’ve been established to such a degree that reasonable people will accept them as proven. Unlike religious dogma, which presumes the truth, the scientific method is a self correcting process, an ever sharpening blade.

-- The event was inherently meaningless, but meaning and significance was attributed after the fact. (I'm not being a smart ass about that.)

– Sam Harris, Atheists will celebrate life, while you’re in church celebrating death. There Is No Psychic Contact with The Dead. -- The event has a scientific cause that is not immediately apparent or understood but is later identified. The mechanism of how this could work is unknown. However, instead of asking “What is the meaning of life?” (which is begging the question) an atheist might ask “What meaning, if any, can I give to my life?”. Ignores and does not eliminate the fact that something can seem incredible or unlikely and still be true, or appear to be obvious or likely and yet still be false. – Azura Skye, I have no need for religion, I have a conscience. The Biblical God is real. None of these ifs are necessary in a world that has evolved by natural means.

– Isaac Asimov, A man is accepted into a church for what he believes and he is turnedagnos out for what he knows.

God’s supposed powers and how they work are a mystery. I am adherent to no religion, but I pray for two things: Atheists can and do subscribe to any number of ethical systems, or may simply decide such things for themselves. Bismuth. You know you want to! Many beliefs are popular or widely held without being true, and things that are true exist whether anyone believes in them or not. All proceeds will go to keeping the Atheist Republic website up and running; providing resources, advocacy, tools, community and encouragement to atheists all over the world. – Linda Smith, “Ocean: A body of water occupying two-thirds of a world made for man – who has no gills.” – Ambrose Bierce. It is better to be quite and not be a fool and say God does not exist - how do you prove it. “In it’s efforts to stop our facing of reality, religion has become the reality we cannot face…religion stole our love and loyalty and gave it to a book, to a telepathic father who tells his children that love means kneeling before him…There might yet be a heaven, but it isn’t …perfect, and we are going to have to build it ourselves. As our knowledge expanded, the need for supernatural explanations became less.

Familiarizing yourself with these thought experiments can give you a clear picture of exactly why the burden of proof should always be on the person making a claim. It’s only with gentle Jesus, meek and mild, that the idea of eternal torture for minor transgressions is introduced.” – Christopher Hitchens. Simply because it is conceivable a heretical Jewish preacher named Yeshua lived circa 30 AD, had followers and was executed, does not imply the son of a god walked the Earth at that time.